PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear what Kirkstreet said???

Katy's Most Wanted
11/24/2007, 10:39 PM
Mushberger to Kirksh_t "You said that Missouri would have beaten OU if it weren't for the turnovers".
did anyone else hear that?
Let's face it folks - No one wants the Sooners to win. When you are a perrenial power on top of the heap they all want the underdogs, ner-do-wells, to beat the Sooners.
Gee, i guess those turnovers were all just unforced errors that had nothing to do with our Defense.
I sure as hell hope that comment makes the locker room.
Or perhaps we should just not pay attention to that dweeb.

rainiersooner
11/24/2007, 10:40 PM
Let's not pay attention.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/24/2007, 10:41 PM
wouldn't we be undefeated without turnovers?

rainiersooner
11/24/2007, 10:42 PM
Although to be fair, Herbstreit just agreed with Mustberger that those turnovers were caused by us...that we showed Daniels a lot of looks that confused him and let to turnovers and sacks. Still, no need to pay attention.

8timechamps
11/24/2007, 10:44 PM
I agree that most non-Sooner fans want to see us lose, but that is the price you pay for being on top.

It's kinda cute that everyone is jumping on the Mizzou bandwagon. Reminds me of So. Florida earlier this year. Give it a week. Then, they'll be over it.

TUSooner
11/24/2007, 10:45 PM
They just mentioned how we sacked the QB 3 times and had 2 picks. Mushberger said we play some defense

colleyvillesooner
11/24/2007, 10:46 PM
they kinda overlook our 2 TO's that led to Mizzou pts. They were a wash. We were 10pts better than mizzou.

OUMonster
11/24/2007, 10:46 PM
We would have hung 50 on Mizzou if it weren't for our turnovers.

Ground_Attack
11/24/2007, 10:49 PM
or the TD at the end of the game that wasn't even a TD. That would have been a 17 point win going away.

8timechamps
11/24/2007, 10:51 PM
Is ABC airing the (Big XII Championship) game? If so, that explains everything.

Curly Bill
11/24/2007, 10:53 PM
They always drool over who they're covering at the time. If it was us playing osu on ABC right now they'd be drooling over us.

Animal Mother
11/24/2007, 10:53 PM
I love it when they talk about OU. It just shows how long we've been back in the Natchamp mix. Regardless of those "fans" that **** and moan that we haven't won another Natchamp since 2000.

insuranceman_22
11/24/2007, 10:55 PM
Gotta try to create some hype and since Mizzou is the flavor of the month and will be playing us next week, they going to talk them up! No problems, we just need to prepare and whip their tiger asses.......

John Kochtoston
11/24/2007, 11:13 PM
'Course, I could point out that if Kansas hadn't shanked two field goals and thrown two red zone picks, Mangino might be now buying two seats on Southwest for San Antonio.

sooneron
11/24/2007, 11:19 PM
'Course, I could point out that if Kansas hadn't shanked two field goals and thrown two red zone picks, Mangino might be now buying two seats on Southwest for San Antonio.
Two? Wouldn't he just buy the whole 5 seat "club" section (or whatever it's called) on SW and they'd lower him into the middle?

Rocker
11/24/2007, 11:21 PM
wouldn't we be undefeated without turnovers?

LOL No kidding

okcusooner
11/25/2007, 12:08 AM
they kinda overlook our 2 TO's that led to Mizzou pts. They were a wash. We were 10pts better than mizzou.

excellent point. They were short field turnovers to boot

OU-HSV
11/25/2007, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I heard this. I told me wife, that's like us saying we would've beat Colorado if we could take back the 2nd half. It's just the media being stupid...and liking who's hot at the time.

SoonerKnight
11/25/2007, 12:29 AM

I figured him for at least 3 seats!!!! :D Oh and remember Southwest has actually kicked someone off the plane for being too fat. The lady was in the back of the plane and they tried twice to take off and couldn't. Now the embarrasment felt when they said Ma'am your too fat we can't take off you need to leave the plane." She sued. :D She did not win!!! :D :D

sooner59
11/25/2007, 12:32 AM
or the TD at the end of the game that wasn't even a TD. That would have been a 17 point win going away.

Ground Attack......or should I say, Mr. Johnson. Are you still in Amarillo? I haven't talked to you since CoachesAid forum a few year ago. Mr. Wiles here. Checking in to see how everything is going. How is the world of meteorology? Hope its good. What do you think about OU vs. Mizzou? I think we will pull it out. The way this season is going, I think it just fits that we destroy their NC hopes.

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 01:15 AM
I just about lost it when Musberger praised and praised and praised Jon Bible and his sterling crew.

76soonergrad
11/25/2007, 01:38 AM
Me, too. And you know full well that Mushberger is aware of all the controversy from the TT game. Wants to rub it in OUr faces.

Mushberger doesn't like OU.. It goes back to the '70s.

stoopified
11/25/2007, 02:05 AM
they kinda overlook our 2 TO's that led to Mizzou pts. They were a wash. We were 10pts better than mizzou.Actually we were 17 points better,you are forgetting the GIFT TD that the Tigers scored on a play that was clearly short of the endzone as time ran down.IMHO Taurean Henderson of TT was closer to scoring then the Tigers on that last play.

soonersn2007
11/25/2007, 08:07 AM
Mushberger doesn't like OU.. It goes back to the '70s.

I remember that too, back then on Sunday morning he was the host of the CBS NFL pregame show and they ranked the top 5 college teams based on performance. He's just another national pundit OU hata, besides he thinks the big 10 is the bomb. :rolleyes:

He will be doing the game between OU/Mizzou, listen carefully, the hate will come out.

I thought Kirk was doing a better job this year commenting about the landscape of college football, last night blew all those improvements out of the water.

PLaw
11/25/2007, 09:15 AM
herbi is just a buckeye homer. he's sitting there grinning ear to ear to because the big 11 wusses don't play a championship game and those dweebs are going to back into the championship game. how's that for the BCS - a big east wuss versus a big 11 wuss?? serves them right.

BOOMER
Plaw

Remembering Tom Stidham
11/25/2007, 09:44 AM
Kirk was our biggest fan throughout the '00 championship season!

Honor&Glory
11/25/2007, 10:45 AM
Mushberger to Kirksh_t "You said that Missouri would have beaten OU if it weren't for the turnovers".
did anyone else hear that?
Let's face it folks - No one wants the Sooners to win. When you are a perrenial power on top of the heap they all want the underdogs, ner-do-wells, to beat the Sooners.
Gee, i guess those turnovers were all just unforced errors that had nothing to do with our Defense.
I sure as hell hope that comment makes the locker room.
Or perhaps we should just not pay attention to that dweeb.

or you could look at another possibility. Herbie is a Buckeye grad who has an OSU themed radio show in Columbus and he was just trying to add a little extra locker room bulliten board matrial for OU. At least, that's the way I choose to look at it. But I live in Ohio and I am Buckeye fan...but I'll be wearing a lot of Crimson next Saturday.

BOOMER SOONER!

Pricetag
11/25/2007, 11:28 AM
The Chris Fowler interview with Chase Daniel down on the field after the game was just as bad. Fowler talked about how Missouri "let it slip away" with some mistakes, and asked Daniel for his thoughts. To my surprise, he concurred. "We led 24-23 with eight minutes left in the game. . .mistakes. . ."

They led just long enough for OU to drive the field and make the go ahead score. Also, no mention of the two short field TDs gifted by our fumblitis. Revisionist history at its finest. I hope Missouri really believes that crap.

aero
11/25/2007, 11:41 AM
We are one of a few elite teams that are the standard by which all other teams are measured. Even when we perhaps aren't as good as we are other years, we are still used as a measuring stick by name alone. That's why the Boise game will stick forever in the annals of college football. And it bothers my none soever, other than as any Sooner loss would. Yes, we lost and everyone makes a big deal but the truth was we were a decent team, probably should have won the game, and Boise was also a pretty good team. But besides being one of the all-time great games, it involved us. Which is why it will be forever remembered. Any team that beats us or plays us close will be given some credit. The pundits love to point out flaws since its easy to point out the strengths.

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2007, 11:45 AM
I just about lost it when Musberger praised and praised and praised Jon Bible and his sterling crew.Really.
Will Snotbooger be doing the game next week?
He in the booth and Bible on the field would just be peachy.:rolleyes:

soonersn2007
11/25/2007, 12:07 PM
****burger's play by play skills have diminished with age, they weren't that good to begin with. His fake, syrupy, uninformed dribble annoys me to death.........I will have to go with BBS on this game.

oupride
11/25/2007, 03:35 PM
Is ABC airing the (Big XII Championship) game? If so, that explains everything.
It will be ABC

SoonerMom2
11/25/2007, 05:45 PM
Herbie and Musburger are nothing more than shills for ABC/ESPN to type games IMHO. Anyone that doesn't think Herbie is a tOSU homer needs to think again. He kept talking about how smart it was for the teams not to play in a conference championship and get in that way.

BCS Championship deserves tOSU and WVU -- two conferences without a Championship game. If a team doesn't play in the Championship then they should have points taken away but the powers at be don't want a level playing field the way it looks. Big East, Big 10/11, and PAC 10 do not have conference championships and one way would be to make sure if you don't play a conference championship, you cannot get a second team in the BCS.

Big East is a total joke after they lost all their power schools to the ACC. At least in the PAC 10 they play everyone since the NCAA went to a 12-game season. Why can't the Big East and Big 10/11 do the same? Oh wait, tOSU has to play teams like Akron, Kent State, and Div 1-AA Youngstown State and they would have to drop some of those. TOSU never would have played those schools in the past but under Tressel everything has changed.

BillyBall
11/25/2007, 06:29 PM
I cant wait to read Bruce Feldmans blog this week, hes been bleauxing Chase Daniel since last spring...

westcoast_sooner
11/25/2007, 07:54 PM
Look, I think it's just fine what they say. Let ESPN, ABC and all the other media outlets talk about how great Mizzou is, let them hear all week that they are the greatest team ever. Then, let them go to San Antonio, to what will amount to an OU home crowd, in a position they've never found themselves in. I think if the Sooner's o-line plays the kind of game they did yesterday, and we hang onto the ball, we win going away.

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2007, 08:27 PM
The Chris Fowler interview with Chase Daniel down on the field after the game was just as bad. Fowler talked about how Missouri "let it slip away" with some mistakes, and asked Daniel for his thoughts. To my surprise, he concurred. "We led 24-23 with eight minutes left in the game. . .mistakes. . ."

They led just long enough for OU to drive the field and make the go ahead score. Also, no mention of the two short field TDs gifted by our fumblitis. Revisionist history at its finest. I hope Missouri really believes that crap.

Don't forget the "TD" they scored with :12 left to make it a 10 point game."