PDA

View Full Version : LMAO...OP.com is great!

OU_Sooners75
11/24/2007, 07:26 PM
Enjoy.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=44925

Newbomb Turk
11/24/2007, 07:33 PM
After every loss this year, there have been legions of posters citing how "that will be the best team we play all year" and it started at GA. Every team looks like a world beater against us. Anyone see the one constant every week?

It's us. We stink.

freshchris05
11/24/2007, 07:55 PM
We must have Stoops right where we want him. He wants to shorten the game by running and we keep letting them score too quick.......

haha.. i hate looking at these op threads but i needed a laugh...

OU_Sooners75
11/24/2007, 08:03 PM
"I think we looked pretty good most of the game. OU just has better runners, throwers, and catchers. I don't see any reason to start degrading our team. OU is just on another level."

At least some of them are finally getting it.

SoonerBOI
11/24/2007, 08:09 PM
For the Coup de grâce...

O-State-Fan
Wrangler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like to lose while running a clean program...or do you like to WIN??

*from websters dictionary.

No where does it say that an opinion is based on fact or historical events. An opinion is just that...what one person feels.

START BOBBY REID

O-State-Fan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to O-State-Fan
Find More Posts by O-State-Fan
Add O-State-Fan to Your Buddy List

Today, 04:12 PM #2
Fugazi
Roper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-State-Fan
Do you like to lose while running a clean program...or do you like to WIN??

I'd like to win running a clean program...but given the choice, I'd rather lose.

Fugazi
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Fugazi
Visit Fugazi's homepage!
Find More Posts by Fugazi
Add Fugazi to Your Buddy List

Today, 04:14 PM #3
SUPERMAN
Roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi
I'd like to win running a clean program...but given the choice, I'd rather lose.

thats why we lost Goodson. We dont cheat. We got where we are today because of cheating.

oufan1
11/24/2007, 08:16 PM
"I think we looked pretty good most of the game. OU just has better runners, throwers, and catchers. I don't see any reason to start degrading our team. OU is just on another level."

At least some of them are finally getting it.
It has taken a century for "some of them" to finally get it though; that's what is sad

hink4769
11/24/2007, 08:26 PM
It has taken a century for "some of them" to finally get it though; that's what is sad
I think they get it every single year after they go 6-6 or 5-7. But come next preseason when they hear about how great all their players are and how they are looking like a "team on the rise" they forget all the losing and think they are great again. And it takes another season of losing to bang some sense into their brains. Then the preseason comes again... And the cycle continues.

Ground_Attack
11/24/2007, 08:34 PM
what cracks me up is that they act like they've never committed an NCAA infraction in their history. Either they've never heard of Hart Lee Dykes or they are just lying sheep lovers

DallasLoanGuy
11/24/2007, 08:43 PM
start the clock....

when do i get banned?

http://www.orangepower.com/showpost.php?p=420716&postcount=341

hink4769
11/24/2007, 08:51 PM
How the hell do new facilites win football games? I bet that not one new facility will ever take a snap, run the ball, throw the ball, catch the ball, tackle players (but then again our D doesn't do much of that right now)...

Get my point?? WE NEED PLAYERS AND COACHES TO WIN. I'LL TAKE GREAT COACHES AND PLAYERS PLAYING ON A HIGH SCHOOL FIELD AS OPPOSED TO A LOT OF MONEY WITH NO PLAYERS OR COACHES!!

Will there ever be a worst investment of money than Boone Pickens into the Aggie Lite football team?

OU_Sooners75
11/24/2007, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=O-State-Fan]
How the hell do new facilites win football games? I bet that not one new facility will ever take a snap, run the ball, throw the ball, catch the ball, tackle players (but then again our D doesn't do much of that right now)...

Get my point?? WE NEED PLAYERS AND COACHES TO WIN. I'LL TAKE GREAT COACHES AND PLAYERS PLAYING ON A HIGH SCHOOL FIELD AS OPPOSED TO A LOT OF MONEY WITH NO PLAYERS OR COACHES!!

That one was a instant classic as well.

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2007, 09:41 PM
I love the title of this thread.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=44972

Newbomb Turk
11/24/2007, 09:43 PM
I love the title of this thread.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=44972

they're equal in my eyes.

:D

tulsaoilerfan
11/24/2007, 11:31 PM
Their defense is HORRIBLE; no speed and can't cover or tackle

sooneron
11/24/2007, 11:39 PM
Their defense is HORRIBLE; no speed and can't cover or tackle
The fact that we had a couple of quick series on O, MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!!! [hairGel]

tommieharris91
11/24/2007, 11:44 PM
I think the shot of Reesing with a chunk o turf in his helmet says it all.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 12:02 AM
Heh. :D

Posted by JoeHero - I just got back from the game. OU fans are jerks.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 12:04 AM
Well...the orange koolaid isn't getting to everybody over there....lol

Posted by O-State-Fan - WE NEED PLAYERS AND COACHES TO WIN. I'LL TAKE GREAT COACHES AND PLAYERS PLAYING ON A HIGH SCHOOL FIELD AS OPPOSED TO A LOT OF MONEY WITH NO PLAYERS OR COACHES!!

Dallas
11/25/2007, 12:10 AM
I think the shot of Reesing with a chunk o turf in his helmet says it all.

When I saw that on TV, I laughed so flippin loud.

That laugh woke up my daughter who woke up the wife who burned 2 half doller holes through my chest w/ her demonicly linked eyes of Satan.

I am in hiding. :(

Lott's Bandana
11/25/2007, 12:32 AM
Posted by NMCowboy:

Previously I have applauded Gundy and Holder and whoever schedules the games in their ambitious approach with games at Georgia and Troy????????!!,(my embellishments but after this season is over we all have to ask ourselves: Was it worth it?

I have always laughed at the non-conference schedules of other Big 12 schools, and prided that we don't schedule powderpuff teams, but rather get quality opponents to get ready for Big 12 conference games. But after 2 straight years going 6-6, I think that my stance has finally changed. I really wish our football program would reconsider some of these games sooo far from home while our team is just getting started. I think WSU will be a great experience for our team at Seattle ([COLOR="DarkRed"]Um, that's Pullman...OU plays in Seattle next year against Washington, you guys play Cougars)., <<<EDIT: My crack researcher (me) was on crack when he wrote this. Dude is right.<<< and if we can win, it will be a good road win. Do you remember any of those? However, if we lose, we put our team in a BIG hole. Starting the season 0-1 is not a good way to get the team confidence and momentum.

Just think this season if we had scheduled some easy opponents (stay with me here because I understand its kinda like cheating) but easily we have an 8-4 season, and we're not sitting on our thumbs wondering if we might not go to the Trailer-Trash bowl and instead we're already a lock for Alamo, or even Gator or Holiday. All I'm saying is it is really hard to get a good bowl selection from the Big 12 South, unless you win out or get 2nd.

Paperclip
11/25/2007, 12:35 AM
They do play WSU in Seattle where the Seahawks play.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 12:42 AM
Will there ever be a worst investment of money than Boone Pickens into the Aggie Lite football team?
Couldn't happen to a better theif.......

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 12:43 AM
Enjoy.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=44925

Thanks. That was a fun read.

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 12:43 AM
I love their bitching about how weak our schedule is. They played Sam Houston State. I wonder why they decided to interrupt their perennial rivalry with Missouri State this year? Not to worry--they're back on the schedule for next year. :rolleyes:

tommieharris91
11/25/2007, 12:47 AM
The aggies actually get Wazzu in Seattle next year, not Pullman.

And now that the season is about over, it turns out Tulsa was the best team we played. It definitely wasn't Miami.

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 12:54 AM
I have always laughed at the non-conference schedules of other Big 12 schools, and prided that we don't schedule powderpuff teams, but rather get quality opponents to get ready for Big 12 conference games.

:rolleyes:

YOU PLAY A I-AA TEAM EVERY ****ING YEAR!

Sooners and Metal
11/25/2007, 01:04 AM
i wonder if anyone will post a clip on youtube of robinson getting rocked and his helmet knocked off,he about lost his mouthpiece too......lovin it!

fadada1
11/25/2007, 10:10 AM
i couldn't resist going over there:

OU has played so bad on the road this year that if they had our schedule I bet they would have lost to Troy (Troy's QB is going to play on Sundays, give them credit) and would have had an even match against Georgia. If OSU had played OU's schedule against a down Miami team w/ no offense and a pathetic tiny school team run by some coaches who were high school coaches the year before OSU would probably have 8-9 wins and OU would likely have 9 wins.

seriously, i couldn't make this stuff up. i couldn't dream this up with an entire SHEET of acid. what's the definition of insanity again??:D because they're breeding it in stillwater.

r5TPsooner
11/25/2007, 10:12 AM
I'm embarrassed that I know some oSu fans and even have more as fellow neighbors. One of the dumbest fan bases in college sports

Seamus
11/25/2007, 03:19 PM
I was stunned by this:

I can't attest for all the fans in the stands, but OU and its Athletics Department go out of their way to make the visitors feel welcomed at GFOMS. For example:

* The Pride of Oklahoma either plays the visitor's fight song for the visiting fans or lets the visitor's band play their fight song for their fans in the pre-game festivities. This has been a tradition for many years.

* OU honors a longtime season ticket holder from both OU and the visiting team during each home game. Yesterday, a longtime OSU fan was honored along with an OU fan during a presentation at a time out.

* OU's public address announcer never calls the visiting team "the visitors." Yesterday, OSU was referred to as both Oklahoma State and the Cowboys by the GFOMS public address announcer.

* OU displays the visitor's official logo on both the video boards and the ribbon boards. The official OSU logo was displayed yesterday on all boards.

* President Boren took time yesterday to greet the OSU spirit squads, various OSU officials and staff and the OSU band directors that were standing along the sidelines at section 35 before the game kicked off.

* The Pride of Oklahoma brought bottled water to the OSU band during the second half of yesterday's game.

Yes, I'm sure every fan base has some bad seeds, but OU as an institution really does go out of its way to make the visiting team and its fans feel welcomed.

Seamus
11/25/2007, 03:23 PM
D'oh. That's an OU fan on their board. No wonder it was a classy post.

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 03:24 PM
I was stunned by this:

According to housedivided, he has 3 degrees from OU, but his wife currently attends OSU. He's an OU fan. I'm not sure why he posts there and not here.

*Not to imply that Sooners shouldn't post there, but I don't understand why he doesn't post over here as well.

yoseph
11/25/2007, 03:26 PM
all i have to say about this OP bs is look at:
1. head-to-head record
2. national championships
3. heisman trophy winners
4. hall of famers
5. fans( we have way more tradition and class)

Stitch Face
11/25/2007, 03:40 PM
My favorite so far:

:eek: I think we got some ****ed off sooners on our hands.

Stitch Face
11/25/2007, 03:52 PM
Even better:

It is a long freaking way to the top of the Big 12 South....

I don't know if Boone will live long enough to see it...:(

soonerinabilene
11/25/2007, 03:52 PM
i couldn't resist going over there:

OU has played so bad on the road this year that if they had our schedule I bet they would have lost to Troy (Troy's QB is going to play on Sundays, give them credit) and would have had an even match against Georgia. If OSU had played OU's schedule against a down Miami team w/ no offense and a pathetic tiny school team run by some coaches who were high school coaches the year before OSU would probably have 8-9 wins and OU would likely have 9 wins.

seriously, i couldn't make this stuff up. i couldn't dream this up with an entire SHEET of acid. what's the definition of insanity again??:D because they're breeding it in stillwater.

I just want to make sure I am reading this correctly. The guy says that Troy would beat us, and Georgia would be an even match, which means that Troy is better than Georgia. Did I get hit in the head with shovel and am now a retard, or is that really what this guy is saying???

Stitch Face
11/25/2007, 03:54 PM
This is good.

OSU has better athletes than what is showing the field.

They are playing less than the sum of their parts.

The scheme may be too hard for them to learn or something.

fadada1
11/25/2007, 04:01 PM
Did I get hit in the head with shovel and am now a retard, or is that really what this guy is saying???
going to OP.com IS like getting hit in the head with a shovel. and YES, that is not altered in any way.

Stitch Face
11/25/2007, 04:09 PM
Can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not:

At least we can take comfort in our new facilities construction. If it wasn't for that, I don't know what I would do. :(

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 04:18 PM
I still don't know how you people can read that crap. :)

tommieharris91
11/25/2007, 04:23 PM
I still don't know how those aggies can read. :)

Fixed.

Lott's Bandana
11/25/2007, 04:51 PM
They do play WSU in Seattle where the Seahawks play.

I stand corrected.

Seattle is a long way from Pullman. I guess it is like the Hogs playing one home game a year in Little Rock.

I have an idea...we'll play some Okie football in Seattle next year, and in return....we'll take your NBA team!

Brilliant!!

A Sooner in Texas
11/25/2007, 04:59 PM
This is good.

Dexter Manley's still playing????
:eek:

goingoneight
11/25/2007, 05:00 PM
#190 by Bowers2

"I dont want to start blaming the refs. But HOW do you miss the facemask when Robinson fumbled on the goal line? Seriously the most BLATANT call missed by a ref that I have seen."

Obviously doesn't watch the Sooners play very often. Also didn't mind it when Chris Brown got ripped down by his facemask in the 1st by beloved Donovan Woods.

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 05:29 PM

Dexter Manley's still playing????
:eek:

OSU has quality talent at RB, QB, WR, and TE. Our O-line is solid, if not spectacular. However, we lack quality depth across the field, particularly (you may have noticed) on defense.

According to our DC, Beckman, we have a ton of young redshirts on D that could have played this year, but they made the decision to keep the redshirts on in order to build depth in the future. That philosophy also drives their decision to recruit defensive players out of high school rather than look for JUCO quick-fixes (I'm not too sure about that; seems high school recruits are much more speculative, but I don't wear a whistle around my neck).

I dont know if this is true or not. Maybe it's just in keeping with our overall "Next year" theme. But it seems reasonable to me.

RacerX
11/25/2007, 06:00 PM
I think, therefore I am

not an aggie

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 06:01 PM
The "facemask" on Robinson could have gone either way.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 07:20 PM
#190 by Bowers2

"I dont want to start blaming the refs. But HOW do you miss the facemask when Robinson fumbled on the goal line? Seriously the most BLATANT call missed by a ref that I have seen."

Obviously doesn't watch the Sooners play very often. Also didn't mind it when Chris Brown got ripped down by his facemask in the 1st by beloved Donovan Woods.
I bet he doesn't watch anyone but OSU play. All you have to do is watch other games (college or NFL) to see missed and bad calls all the time in any game, it doesn't matter if you have a rooting interest or not in the game.

soonerinabilene
11/25/2007, 07:54 PM
This is fan-freakin-tastic, from a thread about how they recieved 4 votes in the coaches poll:

Beating Texas Tech is the best thing that happened to us (in terms of rankings and votes) this season. We may have lost to OU and A&M but Tech beat OU and A&M and we beat Tech.

A Sooner in Texas
11/25/2007, 08:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

That's right....make that lemonade. :rolleyes:

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 08:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

That's right....make that orange-ade. :rolleyes:
There, fixed that for ya [hairGel]

Mixer!
11/25/2007, 09:11 PM
OSU has quality talent at RB, QB, WR, and TE. Our O-line is solid, if not spectacular. However, we lack quality depth across the field, particularly (you may have noticed) on defense.

According to our DC, Beckman, we have a ton of young redshirts on D that could have played this year, but they made the decision to keep the redshirts on in order to build depth in the future. That philosophy also drives their decision to recruit defensive players out of high school rather than look for JUCO quick-fixes (I'm not too sure about that; seems high school recruits are much more speculative, but I don't wear a whistle around my neck).

I dont know if this is true or not. Maybe it's just in keeping with our overall "Next year" theme. But it seems reasonable to me. It means nothing if those players have such poor conditioning that they're running out of gas late in the game, but I'm sure Gumby's buddy doesn't fear for his job. :pop:

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 09:18 PM
It means nothing if those players have such poor conditioning that they're running out of gas late in the game, but I'm sure Gumby's buddy doesn't fear for his job. :pop:

I've considered the conditioning angle (and frankly, for all the angst on OP, I'm surprised I haven't seen discussion on this), but I think it is more of lack-of-depth issue. Other teams can sub guys in and out on D. We don't really do that much, from what I can tell. This becomes an issue when a defense is on the field as much as our seems to be. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 09:21 PM
The Best Team won again...they can't stand that.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 10:03 PM

I dont know if this is true or not. Maybe it's just in keeping with our overall "Next year" theme. But it seems reasonable to me.
The JUCO route is tough; OU has tried it several times since Stoops has been here, and we hit it big on Heupel, Torrance Marshall, and Lance Mitchell, but others have not panned out quite as well(Chijoke, Pascha Jackson, and Mike Reed) are the ones that immediately come to mind; the main problem there is obviously if the guys don't contribute much, you wasted a scholly on a 2 year bust

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 10:12 PM
The Best Team won again...they can't stand that.

We're only the best because we cheat, all the refs are OU homers, we have a cupcake schedule, and there's a statewide conspiracy against oSu--even though they "have more alumni in every county" and are the "state's university". :rolleyes: