PDA

View Full Version : 54-2

soonersweetie
11/24/2007, 06:59 PM
They just flashed this on the tv... Stoops record at home. That is just amazing!!!

Thank you Stoops for constantly striving for perfection at OU.

I don't know of many other coaches in Div 1 football that have that kind of record.

MI Sooner
11/24/2007, 07:05 PM
I remember being somewhat surprised when I heard his home record a couple of years ago an how good it is. But playing Texas on a neutral field every year probably helps his home record. Plus, we've never played a top-10 (or even top-25 based on end of year rankings?) OOC opponent at home under Stoops. Really, the biggest games I remember are ISU when they had Seneca Wallace, OSU in 2003. I may have overlooked some, but still, not exactly a who's who of CFB titans.

soonermeteor
11/24/2007, 07:06 PM
^ Uhm... number 1 Nebraska in 2000?

hink4769
11/24/2007, 07:07 PM
Even if we had Texas on the schedule it would only be 1 more home loss plus a few more wins

Newbomb Turk
11/24/2007, 07:11 PM
I remember being somewhat surprised when I heard his home record a couple of years ago an how good it is. But playing Texas on a neutral field every year probably helps his home record. Plus, we've never played a top-10 (or even top-25 based on end of year rankings?) OOC opponent at home under Stoops. Really, the biggest games I remember are ISU when they had Seneca Wallace, OSU in 2003. I may have overlooked some, but still, not exactly a who's who of CFB titans.

you're just a ray of sunshine aren't you.

:rolleyes:

aero
11/24/2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, yeah. 54-2. So what. Lots of schools and coaches can say that. :rolleyes:

Sooner Eclipse
11/24/2007, 08:24 PM
you're just a ray of sunshine aren't you.

:rolleyes:

It's all those grey flannel skies. He needs to go take a happy pill.

SoonerBK
11/24/2007, 11:29 PM

You're not a glass is half full kinda guy are you?

John Kochtoston
11/24/2007, 11:34 PM

Of course, the four times we've given up a home game under Stoops to play Texas, we're 3-1 on a neutral field. I suspect we'd have had a better shot to beat Texas in 2006 if the game had been on Owen Field instead of a neutral site. I'm also pretty sure Missouri will be a top 10 team at the end of this season. So, nice try and all, but no.

Frozen Sooner
11/24/2007, 11:40 PM

TCU in 2005 ended the year ranked.
Alabama in 2002 ended the year ranked #11.

(shrug) Most other teams don't schedule great non-conference teams consistently either.

colinreturn
11/25/2007, 12:06 AM
ive been too around 10-15 sooner home games ever. and i went to both losses. hahah

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 05:30 AM
ive been too around 10-15 sooner home games ever. and i went to both losses. hahah
You are barred from ever returning to Norman. :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 05:31 AM
OU has the best home record in the country since Bob has been there, and it's not even close; i think the next best team has at least 6 losses; read it somewhere, but can't remember where

Boffingham
11/25/2007, 06:43 AM
The last OU game I ever went to was the 2001 loss to OSU. I hate going out like that. By the way, I will not be buying the BCS sweatshirt before the game this year...

http://web.mac.com/afboffs/Site/Buda_Blog/Entries/2007/1/3_The_BCS_Sweatshirt_Theory.html