PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck, Sooners!

NYC Poke
11/24/2007, 12:47 PM
Win or lose, I hope we all get a game to remember. I'll be watching among my kind up here (the bar has removed all the sheep, so you have nothing to worry about on that front).

NYC Poke

batonrougesooner
11/24/2007, 12:54 PM
Kind words are appreciated.

I hope we get a game to remember as well. Somewhere along the lines of 52-0 for the Sooners. :D

NYC Poke
11/24/2007, 12:56 PM

I hope we get a game to remember as well. Somewhere along the lines of 52-0 for the Sooners. :D

Honestly, I can handle a blowout. It's the blown leads that are a killer.

Jeopardude
11/24/2007, 01:06 PM
Hey NYCPoke,

What bar do you watch the game? I could send a NY OU crew there. Or you could go to Nice Guy Eddie's on Houston and A and have some good fan smack talk with them.

NYC Poke
11/24/2007, 01:12 PM
Hey NYCPoke,

What bar do you watch the game? I could send a NY OU crew there. Or you could go to Nice Guy Eddie's on Houston and A and have some good fan smack talk with them.

Ours is at The Social on 8th and either 48th or 49th, so pretty far away (at least by Manhattan standards). I might need to leave during the game to assist an out-of-town visitor settling into the place he rented in Battery Park City, and if that starts taking long, I might end up the game at the OU watch party.

Thanks for letting me now where those are, btw. I'd much rather attend an OU watch party than watch the usual Big 10/Big East matchups usually featured on the networks here.

Jeopardude
11/24/2007, 01:26 PM
Ours is at The Social on 8th and either 48th or 49th, so pretty far away (at least by Manhattan standards). I might need to leave during the game to assist an out-of-town visitor settling into the place he rented in Battery Park City, and if that starts taking long, I might end up the game at the OU watch party.

Thanks for letting me now where those are, btw. I'd much rather attend an OU watch party than watch the usual Big 10/Big East matchups usually featured on the networks here.

There's the official OU alumni watch party at some bar around 1st or 2nd and 15th I think. But my friend reported back from one that "they wore sweater vests and had pitchers of Coke." I didn't go to that one when I lived there.

Nice Guy Eddie's is owned by an old OU alum/Normanite and the OU crowd will be about 15-20 strong. They're nice folk. Tell them Jeopardude sent you. :D

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 01:48 PM
Well, congratulations on your win. I had honestly expected us to score more points, but I can't say our defensive play was unexpected. Unfortunately, due to an emergency, I wasn't able to watch most of the game (end of 1st quarter to end of half, then the last 5 minutes or so of the game). I don't think I saw the Sooner's punter once.

Good luck in the CCG, and I'll be happy to eat whatever crow you have to offer.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 02:00 PM

Close but no cigars.

Only 3 more points thOUgh...:D

Spek!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 04:35 PM
I can tell you that Zach Robinson is one tough quarterback. He was getting lit up in the 1st half. There were a few times I didnt think he would get up.

Lots of people are gonna disagree but I think ZR is the best quarterback I have seen running that zone read. You never could tell whether he kept it or handed it off until after he ran about 5 yards. His passing yesterday was very abysmal as he missed some wide open WRs. DS is a pretty darn good back too. He's made a couple of moves(one spin move in particular) that I was very impressed with.

That being said, The D played a great game Saturday. Didnt allow game breaking plays and the 4th down stop was the back breaker. Venables and Wilson did a great job and was able to slow down the osu offense by keeping them off the field and limiting big plays. Defensively, osu has nothing. They were worse than what I expected really. No playmakers, DTs were bulldozed over and the linebackers might as well been on the sidelines.