PDA

View Full Version : Feeling blue? quotes from Hornfans

MR2-Sooner86
11/24/2007, 03:05 AM
Well hornfans is back up and I've been reading. You know I thought we all got in the dumps over CU and Tech but...these guys need to be talked off the ledge.

After VY ran in that touchdown, I was the happiest man on the planet. I promised myself I didn't want anything else from UT football. But greed is a dangerous thing. It's creeping back in and part of me wants to win another championship. Am I bad?

I'd settle for a ****in' conference championship.

I'd settle for beating OU and A&M in the same season again.

:pop:

What Mack Brown Does Well...
- Recruits
- Takes Pictures
- Holds Babies
- Recruits

What else?

Someone fill me in.

We are Notre Dame. Just another overrated team that racks up wins against mediocre teams.

Someone convince me I'm wrong.

2006: Upset Special
2007: Revenge Game
2008: We are certainly not pleased with the last two outcomes, and while we don't want to offend you, we would appreciate you not being so physically rough with us

Next year we'll have to hear the same crap again. We have a great rush defense, we're going to physical, going to have an agressive defense, they had a great gameplan and were doing some things we weren't prepared for, we don't have to beat OU to win the Big 12 south, etc. We just finished one of the weakest schedules I can remember and next year we get to play Arkansas, Mizzou, and KU. Hopefully all those juniors for OU go pro cause they are going to be really, really good if they stay.

Our coaching staff cannot scheme against a dead walking man.

If OSU upsets Oklahoma how crappy will we all feel knowing that Mack blew another chance at playing for the Big-12 Title?

There's no facet of this game we haven't screwed up at one point or completely.

We're being out coached by Dennis Franchione. That is so wrong.

That's the truly frustrating thing -- Mack's inability to win a championship of any kind without a superhuman QB. Watch Oklahoma lose tomorrow to show us -- yet again -- that Mack squanders chances with the best of them.

This staff won an NCExactly. This basically gives them a do no wrong card.

w/o VY we would have never been in the BCS Championship and if we did we would have lost by 3 TD's easily.

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2007, 03:56 AM
[img=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3120/churchsignpa7.th.jpg] (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=churchsignpa7.jpg) Heh

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2007, 05:07 AM
I have never seen a fan base turn on its own players so quickly. First, it was Jamaal Charles and how he should be benched for fumbling. Then they loved him. Now they have completely turned on Colt McCoy.

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2007, 05:17 AM
The coaching staff aint too popular either.

stoopified
11/24/2007, 09:39 AM
How much time did the NC buy Mac?Pr to put it another way,how hot is his seat?

EstablishedSooner1967
11/24/2007, 09:44 AM
The OU fans will be on the board saying the same stuff if they lose today..

cs6000
11/24/2007, 10:03 AM
Could all these weird football scenarios be connected to global warming?

sanantoniosooner
11/24/2007, 10:20 AM
Pot wouldn't recognize kettle around these parts if it was in a police lineup with the 3 little pigs.

Veritas
11/24/2007, 10:30 AM
Perhaps, but they'll be wrong.

Whorns, on the other hand, are right about Mack. He sucks.

Widescreen
11/24/2007, 10:40 AM
Perhaps, but they'll be wrong.

Whorns, on the other hand, are right about Mack. He sucks.
Mack does suck but losing to an average TTU and then aggie lite at home back-to-back wouldn't speak too well for our staff.

Veritas
11/24/2007, 10:45 AM
Mack does suck but losing to an average TTU and then aggie lite at home back-to-back wouldn't speak too well for our staff.
OU's current situation "feels" like Nebraska did in the early nineties...my wife and I were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. It take a perfect storm to win titles. QB1 has to stay healthy, in-conference competition has to be be strong enough but not too strong.

Regardless of what happens today, I hope Sooner fans have the utmost faith in Stoops and staff. I'd pick them over any staff in the nation.

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 10:58 AM
Verititays has More class than a lot of our posters , Just sayin .
If God ferbid we Lose today, Ill still be a SOONER Fan . Ill still believe In BoB :cool: Plus all of out Players !

Lott's Bandana
11/24/2007, 11:46 AM
I hope Sooner fans have the utmost faith in Stoops and staff. I'd pick them over any staff in the nation.

"The King" lost to Arkansas, Nebraska and Washington...three more likely NC's, yet....

He's still "The King".

I really have always liked the "Bud, Barry, Bob" slogan. Kinda says it all:

Devaney, Osborne...
McKay, Carroll...
Rockne, Parseghian...
Spurrier, Meyer...
Hayes, Tressel...
Bryant...
Schembechler...
Broyles...

Your doin' fine Oklahoma.

bluedogok
11/24/2007, 02:29 PM
How much time did the NC buy Mac?Pr to put it another way,how hot is his seat?
Most of the ones that I know have little faith in Mack, they know that Mack & Davis getting out of Vince's way was the reason why they won it. They wish for a change but know that if Mack gets his 10 wins a year that most of the money people (that matter) will be OK with it since Mack "takes care of them". Mack knows which side his bread is buttered on.....

r5TPsooner
11/24/2007, 02:43 PM
Good stuff, Thanks.

utex74
11/24/2007, 10:21 PM
Most of the ones that I know have little faith in Mack, they know that Mack & Davis getting out of Vince's way was the reason why they won it. They wish for a change but know that if Mack gets his 10 wins a year that most of the money people (that matter) will be OK with it since Mack "takes care of them". Mack knows which side his bread is buttered on.....

I know lots of those kind of people too but I do not consider them real fans. They moved here from elsewhere and will even laugh when Texas loses. No one in his right mind wants Mack to go anywhere. But there has to be accountability from the assistants and the players and Mack has not done that as far as I can tell. Our defense was horrible all year and changes must be made. The defense must make stops and get the ball back to the offense, which can score points if it has the ball.

If corrections are not made, and the performance is the same or worse, then I think next year will start to bring calls for changes "higher up". But getting on the "new coaches shuffle" is a last resort. Neither yours or ours went too well last time and it takes 10-15 years to get it right.

douxpaysan
11/24/2007, 10:53 PM
I know lots of those kind of people too but I do not consider them real fans. They moved here from elsewhere and will even laugh when Texas loses. No one in his right mind wants Mack to go anywhere. But there has to be accountability from the assistants and the players and Mack has not done that as far as I can tell. Our defense was horrible all year and changes must be made. The defense must make stops and get the ball back to the offense, which can score points if it has the ball.

If corrections are not made, and the performance is the same or worse, then I think next year will start to bring calls for changes "higher up". But getting on the "new coaches shuffle" is a last resort. Neither yours or ours went too well last time and it takes 10-15 years to get it right.
There you go...coming around here talking logic. Smak is so much easier to deal with. Mack and Bob will be around as long as they want to be around.

Curly Bill
11/24/2007, 10:57 PM
Mack and Bob will be around as long as they want to be around.

Yep, and I like Bob and Mack both being right where they're at. ;) ;)

StoopTroup
11/24/2007, 11:00 PM
The Deal they made with the Devil seems to have had some serious ill-effects. :D

rubyspirit
11/24/2007, 11:07 PM
Too funny. Cool post.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 12:12 AM
I am around them everyday, all the ones that I know of who feel this way are born and raised Texans, never lived anywhere other than Texas and are UT grads. They are unhappy that 10 win seasons seems to be the Holy Grail for the UT administration to stay happy. Most of them feel that Stoops has established OU at a level higher than Mack has at UT. They feel like they should be competing for the MNC like OU, USC, tOSU, LSU, etc. has in recent years instead of underachieving with the level of talent that that usually have. They feel like UT should have made that step after winning it.

In part, I think you kind of hit the nail on the head of their frustration. The loyalty that Mack has had to his assistants no matter what the season outcome is the main point. They feel that changes should be made, they would be happy with Mack if he would improve the staff instead of seeming like he is giving old friends jobs that they couldn't get anywhere else.

That seems to be the perception around the ones that I work with and know here in Austin.

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 02:20 AM
I know lots of those kind of people too but I do not consider them real fans. They moved here from elsewhere and will even laugh when Texas loses.

I disagree. These are the same fans who want laws passed to prevent high school athletes from leaving Texas to play for OU. They are typically from Texas and they have that stupid pseudo state pride thingy down cold. Remember Longhorn Bob from LFZ?

For the record, I have nothing against most Texas fans.

By the way, whatever happened to Longhorn Bob?

GreaterState
11/25/2007, 02:41 AM
Exactly why we come to Soonerfans ... for multi-page recaps of what's on another team's site.

utex74
11/25/2007, 03:27 AM
They feel like they should be competing for the MNC like OU, USC, tOSU, LSU, etc. has in recent years instead of underachieving with the level of talent that that usually have. .

That tells me all I need to know about these supposed UT grads. The only one on that list that has competed more recently than UT is tOSU. The others all have two losses this year. Florida would be the other and they have three losses this year. There aren't a lot of frequent repeaters to the title game. In fact, I think you guys and USC were the last.

I've watched OU fans bitch about Venables or Smith whenever a performance was not up to standards. (Iowa St, Tech) You wanted Stoops to hold them accountable. That's what is going on in Austin. It is a family feud and we'll get it worked out.

BTW, I assume your UT grad friends in Austin have ponied up and have their season tickets? Just wondering.

silverwheels
11/25/2007, 03:29 AM
Exactly why we come to Soonerfans ... for multi-page recaps of what's on another team's site.

Kinda like how hornfans is always up-to-date on what's going on at Texags, right?

GreaterState
11/25/2007, 03:37 AM
Kinda like how hornfans is always up-to-date on what's going on at Texags, right?

No, in fact I was not suggesting it was like that in any way at all.

silverwheels
11/25/2007, 03:38 AM
No, in fact I was not suggesting it was like that in any way at all.

Of course not. Doesn't mean it's not true.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 05:36 AM
Well hell, sometimes you just get tired of bitching about the play calling, the defense, the special teams, Brian Britt, the horsepigs, and Dean Blevins so we need something else to fill up the bandwith. :D

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 05:40 AM

Some of us come here to talk about anything that we feel like talking about. You got a problem with that?

OUinFLA
11/25/2007, 07:47 AM
I think it's more like fishing.

Jacie
11/25/2007, 07:48 AM
Since we're relishing in the distress currently on display at a rival's board, here are some exchanges I thought were amusing:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone please tell me why everyone on this site believes Colt has some amazing ability?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what I'm waiting for too. The kid has 25 TOs this year (18 int and 7 fumbles).

In reply to:
They didn't do what we thought they were going to do.
This is the phrase that came to my head during the game. I could see it in every defensive player's eyes. Deer, meet headlights.

ashley
11/25/2007, 10:13 AM
They won't admit that their players aren't very good at lots of positions. They all go nuts at even then suggestion. They are tu so all the players must be great.

cheezyq
11/25/2007, 11:59 AM
We're being out coached by Dennis Franchione. That is so wrong.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I watched the first half of that game. That's just hilarious.

josh09
11/25/2007, 12:36 PM
I think these quotes are the perfect definitions of hilarious and pathetic :D

soonerhubs
11/25/2007, 01:26 PM
Obligatory post re: Offensive Line:
Is the line protecting McCoy like they did last year? I haven't watched Texas all season so I don't know.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 01:49 PM
That tells me all I need to know about these supposed UT grads. The only one on that list that has competed more recently than UT is tOSU. The others all have two losses this year. Florida would be the other and they have three losses this year. There aren't a lot of frequent repeaters to the title game. In fact, I think you guys and USC were the last.
I don't think their issue is who competed most recently, it is more of an issue of why they couldn't be in the hunt right after winning it. OU has been in three BCS Championship games out of the past seven, Ohio State in a few, USC has been in a couple of them, etc. They are just frustrated that it seemed like they didn't build onto the success like OU and others had done after winning it and are in the mix almost every year.

I've watched OU fans bitch about Venables or Smith whenever a performance was not up to standards. (Iowa St, Tech) You wanted Stoops to hold them accountable. That's what is going on in Austin. It is a family feud and we'll get it worked out.Yep, pretty much the same thing and that is why I don't see it much differently than the OU situation at times. Most of it from them seems to be about Greg Davis, the fact that he seems to get a bunch of credit when the offense does well and not near as much blame when the offense struggles.

BTW, I assume your UT grad friends in Austin have ponied up and have their season tickets? Just wondering.Most of the ones that I know have them since there was no waiting list like I have dealt with for OU tickets. They also went to both Rose Bowl games.

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think their issue is who competed most recently, it is more of an issue of why they couldn't be in the hunt right after winning it.

Their problem is that they attribute all of the success to Vince Young. Now that he's gone, they think they have slipped back into mediocrity.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 02:06 PM
Most didn't think that way until the middle of this season, they thought UT was up there to stay. Most came to the realization after the past two seasons it was more due to VY than it was the coaching staff.

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 11:18 PM
I don't buy it. A single player isn't going to win a team a national title. But if the Horns really want to strip their coaches and players of any credit, fine with me. I hope potential recruits take notice.

silverwheels
11/25/2007, 11:25 PM
You can't say that VY won the title by himself, but he did have quite a bit to do with it. Once Davis quit trying to fit him into the offense and started letting him do what was comfortable for him and what he did best (shotgun with 3 or 4 WRs, zone reads and easy routes to read), they started winning a lot of games by a lot of points.

utex74
11/25/2007, 11:31 PM
I disagree. These are the same fans who want laws passed to prevent high school athletes from leaving Texas to play for OU.

I'm afraid you'll have to show me that one. Sounds like talk at the bar after 2 or 10 margaritas.

utex74
11/25/2007, 11:39 PM
They won't admit that their players aren't very good at lots of positions. They all go nuts at even then suggestion. They are tu so all the players must be great.

You missed a lot of posts then. General opinion is our starting LB's are bad. (coaching blamed for not starting the youngsters), our OL was bad most of the year and just started getting up to speed towards the end of the season. Our pass defense is the worst but opinion is split between blaming personnel or coaching scheme. Our pass rush is nonexistent for whatever reason. It took Jamaal most of the year to learn how to turn it upfield but that is due a lot to the OL maturing towards the end. Colt broke the pocket way early most of Friday. Wondering if he was coached to do that since his breaking pocket calls a new play to the receivers. Plenty of criticism. But it falls back on the coaching and there should be some changes on the defensive side of the ball.

What a lot of us think is the best players were not played a lot of the time. I've read similar on your board.

utex74
11/25/2007, 11:46 PM
Most of the ones that I know have them since there was no waiting list like I have dealt with for OU tickets. They also went to both Rose Bowl games.

If there was no waiting list they got theirs back in the mid 90's or they spent a lot in donations to the LHF. The stadium has been sold out with season tickets alone for the past several years. I know the system at OU is different but it takes a bundle of cash to get good new seats at DKR. The one thing I think I like better about how OU does things. (did I say that!?)

SoonerShark
11/25/2007, 11:50 PM
You can't say that VY won the title by himself, but he did have quite a bit to do with it. Once Davis quit trying to fit him into the offense and started letting him do what was comfortable for him and what he did best (shotgun with 3 or 4 WRs, zone reads and easy routes to read), they started winning a lot of games by a lot of points.

UT went 1-3 against the Sooners with VY on campus counting his redshirt year.

SCOUT
11/25/2007, 11:56 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to show me that one. Sounds like talk at the bar after 2 or 10 margaritas.

I have seen the proposal for limiting Texas players going to OU on... you guessed it, hornfans.com

I don't have a link today but the recruiting season usually yields several threads about it. I am sure you can find a link then.

utex74
I don't buy it. A single player isn't going to win a team a national title. But if the Horns really want to strip their coaches and players of any credit, fine with me. I hope potential recruits take notice.

I put a post up on our board last night saying pretty much the same thing. That team had 16 palyers who are now on NFL rosters and several who were huge in that game who are not. We could not have won it without Vince but neither could we have won it without an NFL OL, the interception in the endzone, DT's circus catches, the stop on 4th and 2, etc. To say it was ALL Vince is an insult to them. And the coaches, who taught Vince how to throw 250+ yards in that game.

So far, reaction to the post is "mixed". :D

silverwheels
UT went 1-3 against the Sooners with VY on campus counting his redshirt year.

Not totally relevant to what I said, but okay, if it makes you feel better. He kicked our asses in his last year there on his way to a National Title, also becoming the first player in NCAA history to have 3000 passing yards and 1000 rushing yards in the same season. VY was an amazing player in college. I hate Texas like any Sooner should, but they deserve props where it's due, which, thankfully, hasn't come that often under Mack.

SCOUT
11/25/2007, 11:58 PM
I put a post up on our board last night saying pretty much the same thing. That team had 16 palyers who are now on NFL rosters and several who were huge in that game who are not. We could not have won it without Vince but neither could we have won it without an NFL OL, the interception in the endzone, DT's circus catches, the stop on 4th and 2, etc. To say it was ALL Vince is an insult to them. And the coaches, who taught Vince how to throw 250+ yards in that game.

So far, reaction to the post is "mixed". :D
I didn't like Vince as a college player at all, but that was mostly due to my allegiance to OU.

I have always thought your offensive line that year was the key to your success. They were pretty special too.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/26/2007, 06:26 AM
There you go...coming around here talking logic. Smak is so much easier to deal with. Mack and Bob will be around as long as they want to be around.

Too bad we can't say the same about Fran and Callahillbillie :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/26/2007, 06:29 AM
I have seen the proposal for limiting Texas players going to OU on... you guessed it, hornfans.com

I don't have a link today but the recruiting season usually yields several threads about it. I am sure you can find a link then.

UT gets all the TX players they want. Outside of a few players, I am not aware of OU out recruiting UT for head to head recruits. Mack and staff would find ways to botch every recruit they got and OU would find a way to win with what we got...

bluedogok
11/26/2007, 11:04 PM
If there was no waiting list they got theirs back in the mid 90's or they spent a lot in donations to the LHF. The stadium has been sold out with season tickets alone for the past several years. I know the system at OU is different but it takes a bundle of cash to get good new seats at DKR. The one thing I think I like better about how OU does things. (did I say that!?)
Most of them graduated in the late 80's to early 90's. They don't have good seats, but they have seats and have had them since the late 90's or so. One I know added a pair last year and he is not a donor.

47straight
11/27/2007, 01:22 AM
BTW, I assume your UT grad friends in Austin have ponied up and have their season tickets? Just wondering.

Typical whorn. Like a spoiled child, they assume $$$ = love.

47straight
11/27/2007, 01:24 AM
I have always thought your offensive line that year was the key to your success. They were pretty special too.

That's an order of magnitude above the heads of 90% of the horn fans I've ever met.