PDA

View Full Version : Nutt reminded us of the King...

ouwasp
11/24/2007, 01:14 AM
After the game he had his arm around McFadden's neck, very emotional/loud when praising his players and lobbying for some spek from Mark May and Lou...

My Dad says "Look! He sounds like Switzer!" He sure did.

But there's only one King. :)

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2007, 05:09 AM
But you can play one on tv. (or stay in a Holiday Inn Express)

OU-HSV
11/24/2007, 08:53 AM
Barf. Nutt and Switzer mentioned in the same sentence??
Not a chance, Nutt is a tool

aurorasooner
11/24/2007, 09:31 AM
Can't blame nutt-job for telling Malzahn (sp-?) and his offense to take a hike with 2 backs like Mcfadden and Felix Jones. Best running game against a quality defense I've seen, by far, this year. Most coaches and OCs would just stick Mcfadden or Jones in the I-formation and run them constantly off-tackle into a stone wall all game while just praying for a crease to develop. Watching Arkansas' running play design and their play calls was definitely refreshing. 385 yards rushing with 7.3 ypc against the #4 rushing D in the country just "ain't too freakin' shabby". Just a helluva game on the road by the piggies.

Soonerus
11/24/2007, 09:33 AM
Dick and Nutt both had good games...

AverageJoe
11/24/2007, 01:41 PM
Would not mind having him as our running game coordinator and line coach. It would never happen but would be awesome.

AJ

OU-HSV
11/24/2007, 02:25 PM
As long as Nutt's at Arkansas, the fans and players can look forward to one "big win" per season against an opponent that they aren't supposed to beat. And they can look forward to about 4, 5, or 6 losses per year (3 at best). I'm not about to jump back on the Nutt band wagon after one win. He's had what?...like 10 years to show what he can do with Arkansas, and he hasn't done enough. Last year was one of his best years there and he still blew it at the end of the season. He should still be gone IMHO.

MissouriSooner
11/24/2007, 02:32 PM
Most coaches and OCs would just stick Mcfadden or Jones in the I-formation and run them constantly off-tackle into a stone wall all game while just praying for a crease to develop.

Unfortunately, you just described Arkansas' offense for most of the season. Only in the LSU game did the coaches pull their heads out and go to the HogWild formation more than the traditional I-back set. With McFadden taking the snap, and having the option to hand off to Felix Jones or throw the ball, there's no way any defense can consistently stop that option package. If UA had played the HogWild more this year, they'd have a better record, and if they'd played it in the SEC Championship game last year, they might well have beaten Florida.

aurorasooner
11/24/2007, 02:36 PM
He should still be gone IMHO. I just read where Mississippi fired Orgeron after 3 years. This is getting ridiculous. I wonder if UM ever has a replacement in mind, or if they're just shooting from the "grass is greener on the the other side" hip. Same with Arkansas if they fire Nutt-job. Everyone can't go 10-2 or 9-3 every year. I wonder if Orgeron will head back to USC ? Hopefully Texass won't grab him as their DC. I think Texas' problems this year are directly related to Chizek taking the Iowa State job.

r5TPsooner
11/24/2007, 02:38 PM
After the game he had his arm around McFadden's neck, very emotional/loud when praising his players and lobbying for some spek from Mark May and Lou...

My Dad says "Look! He sounds like Switzer!" He sure did.

But there's only one King. :)

Maybe but there was one huge difference...

Switzer was a big time winner.

OU-HSV
11/24/2007, 02:39 PM
I just read where Mississippi fired Orgeron after 3 years. This is getting ridiculous. I wonder if UM ever has a replacement in mind, or if they're just shooting from the "grass is greener on the the other side" hip. Same with Arkansas if they fire Nutt-job. Everyone can't go 10-2 or 9-3 every year. I wonder if Orgeron will head back to USC ? Hopefully Texass won't grab him as their DC. I think Texas' problems this year are directly related to Chizek taking the Iowa State job.
But the hogs can and should do better than they have been. At least be more consistent than they have been

OU-HSV
11/24/2007, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, you just described Arkansas' offense for most of the season. Only in the LSU game did the coaches pull their heads out and go to the HogWild formation more than the traditional I-back set. With McFadden taking the snap, and having the option to hand off to Felix Jones or throw the ball, there's no way any defense can consistently stop that option package. If UA had played the HogWild more this year, they'd have a better record, and if they'd played it in the SEC Championship game last year, they might well have beaten Florida.
And is that Hogwild formation not the same basic formation that Malzahn ran last year? Didn't they call it the wildcat or something like that. So it's hard for me to think that they're better off w/this Lee guy as their O.C. instead of Malzahn.

King Crimson
11/24/2007, 02:41 PM
i'd say the Hogs have underachieved mightily in the last decade in both men's revenue sports. for all the resources and only major school in the state support, Piggy has a right to expect more.

OU-HSV
11/24/2007, 02:44 PM
i'd say the Hogs have underachieved mightily in the last decade in both men's revenue sports. for all the resources and only major school in the state support, Piggy has a right to expect more.
Exactly. Great stadium, (I was impressed a few years back when I watched them play Tulsa and Florida in Fayetville) and from what I've heard great training facility and equipment. They deserve better coaching and recruiting for sure.

sozo
11/24/2007, 03:31 PM
As long as Nutt's at Arkansas, the fans and players can look forward to one "big win" per season against an opponent that they aren't supposed to beat. And they can look forward to about 4, 5, or 6 losses per year (3 at best). I'm not about to jump back on the Nutt band wagon after one win. He's had what?...like 10 years to show what he can do with Arkansas, and he hasn't done enough. Last year was one of his best years there and he still blew it at the end of the season. He should still be gone IMHO.
You are right on.He is the most selfesh,high schoolish coach in college football!