PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hawaii

Veritas
11/24/2007, 12:52 AM
Congratulations on winning the WAC. That's cute. Come back when your strength of schedule breaks into double digits.

P.S.: Washington is going to destroy you.

ouwasp
11/24/2007, 01:03 AM
hehehe...did you catch that poster jabbing KU for having a weak schedule? :rolleyes: As ol' Bugs Bunny would say: What a maroon! (I never have quite figured out what that meant, but it seems to apply to that fellow :) )

pott_2
11/24/2007, 03:58 AM
I don't take shots at the WAC after the Fiasco Bowl. I said some mean sh*t before that game and then got crushed after.

soonermeteor
11/24/2007, 04:08 AM
Yeah, this is not the board to be talking bad about WAC teams. :pop:

...:mad: !

Frozen Sooner
11/24/2007, 04:38 AM
Congratulations on winning the WAC. That's cute. Come back when your strength of schedule breaks into double digits.

P.S.: Washington is going to destroy you.

KU's SOS isn't anything to write home about.

Hawai'i has about as good an argument as KU does for being ranked in the top 5-at least until we see how they do against Washington. UW beat Boise State earlier this year as well.

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2007, 05:02 AM
Thanks, Veritas. You have now destinied OU into playing Hawaii in a bowl game and getting whupped on national tv.

Veritas
11/24/2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Veritas. You have now destinied OU into playing Hawaii in a bowl game and getting whupped on national tv.
Oh, but I'm a Husker fan. The football gods ignore me.

Curly Bill
11/24/2007, 01:17 PM
I gotta tell ya, having watched a fair portion of the game with Hawaii and BS...well, Hawaii looked pretty good to me...

...and they did beat BS, something for which we were fail. :(

NYC Poke
11/24/2007, 01:25 PM
If Hawaii makes a BCS Bowl, do they even bother having the Hawaii bowl?

Blues1
11/24/2007, 01:27 PM
If Hawaii makes a BCS Bowl, do they even bother having the Hawaii bowl?

Good Question....I don't see Washington beating Hawaii -- But this season who knows...??

Rhino
11/24/2007, 01:55 PM
Congratulations on winning the WAC. That's cute. Come back when your strength of schedule isn't dead last in Division I football. fixed.

silverwheels
11/24/2007, 01:57 PM
In the Warriors' defense, they tried to schedule some better teams, but no one wants to go out to the Islands to play.

Rhino
11/24/2007, 02:09 PM
Boo-hoo.
Schedule some non-conference away games.
Join a different conference.

I have no sympathy for undefeated schools in crappy mid-level conferences.

silverwheels
11/24/2007, 02:35 PM
Boo-hoo.

Maybe I should have said, "No one wants to schedule a home-and-home with Hawai'i".

colinreturn
11/24/2007, 02:46 PM
Boo-hoo.

you took the words outta my mouth

silverwheels
11/24/2007, 02:47 PM
It's not that simple, but whatever.

Ground_Attack
11/24/2007, 02:59 PM
I gotta tell ya, having watched a fair portion of the game with Hawaii and BS...well, Hawaii looked pretty good to me...

...and they did beat BS, something for which we were fail. :(

Well in all fairness, this isn't the Boise St from last year. They played only one "good" team before Hawaii (Washington 4-7) and lost by 2 TDs.

Curly Bill
11/24/2007, 03:05 PM
True, it's prolly not the BS from last year...but I still say Hawaii looked not too shabby, and I'm not gonna poke fun at them because I would not relish playing them, what with the way they sling the ball around and stuff.

Veritas
11/24/2007, 03:10 PM
True, it's prolly not the BS from last year...but I still say Hawaii looked not too shabby, and I'm not gonna poke fun at them because I would not relish playing them, what with the way they sling the ball around and stuff.
You're hedging your bets. It's really not becoming on a Sooner fan.

BSU got lucky last year against OU and seriously, everybody outside of BSU knows it.

Curly Bill
11/24/2007, 03:14 PM
I know they got lucky, but in the end a win is a win. :(

trwxxa
11/24/2007, 07:37 PM
Sounds alot like the Boise issue of past years. How do you get your SOS up if teams won't play you or pay big money (Mich. St paid 350k for this years game) to back out of your contract.

I guess the horns were ahead of their time when they backed out on them way back when.

To their credit, they do play in the swamp next year.

soonerboomer93
11/24/2007, 07:56 PM
Oh, but I'm a Husker fan. The football gods currently hate me.

fixed it for ya