PDA

View Full Version : Great Things Heard on TV Today....

tru2ou
11/23/2007, 09:34 PM
If you watched the CU-NU game, about midwa through the third quarter, the announcer makes the following statement.

"Cody Hawkins is a really smart player. I think its due to him being around his father since he was a little boy."

Uh, wasnt he around his daddy when he was born? I've never heard anything about his dad being and absentee father or anything. I just got a chuckle ot of it.

Then, in the final minutes of the LSU game, the color guy starts callig out Les Miles for the idiot he is. Why he was calling timeouts in the final minute was beyond me. He was gving Arkie more time on the clock if LSU scored and he was burning his timeouts if they didnt. Its the same old stupid Lester. Why Michigan wants this guy is beyond me. LSU has some much talent and tey could have easily lost 4-5 games.

Finally, at the end of TAMU-ut game, Ron Franklin (UT homer and Austin resident) starts talking about how this rivalry is more about respect than anything else. How the two schools dont really hate each other. What a friggin joke. Then when the game was over and they thought they were ff the air, the color guy makes a comment about how Texas made a game of it. You could hear Franklin sarcastically say "yeah". It was obvious he was beyond ****ed.

At least the comments were great today.

- Tru

Newbomb Turk
11/23/2007, 09:35 PM
lsu/arkie game

"dick is out now..."

Phil
11/23/2007, 10:39 PM
What about the moron in the NU-CU game talking about Cody Hawkins being statistically the best freshman QB in the country? Ummm, our freshman QB leads the nation in passing efficiency - that's a statistic, isn't it?

sooneron
11/23/2007, 10:53 PM
What about the moron in the NU-CU game talking about Cody Hawkins being statistically the best freshman QB in the country? Ummm, our freshman QB leads the nation in passing efficiency - that's a statistic, isn't it?
Yeah, I mentioned that in the game thread. I forgot to see if someone knew any sort of "out" that the announcer may have with that tripe.

OUinFLA
11/23/2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I mentioned that in the game thread. I forgot to see if someone knew any sort of "out" that the announcer may have with that tripe.

I now listen to BBSr instead of the tv anouncers.
It eleminates all these types of mistak.........

no, wait!

soonerinabilene
11/23/2007, 11:44 PM
I loved the field mic being close enough to pick up Les screaming at the ref that he was the head coach when they got that sideline warning in the last minute of regulation. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? IM THE HEAD COACH!!!!"
Also, yesterday during the Thanksgiving parade on CBS, when the OU marching band was performing, the dumb@$$ cbs announcer let the world know that our former coaching great Tom Osbourne had just come back to try to turn the program around. Freakin tool.