PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy ...

Jewstin
11/23/2007, 07:45 PM
(I wrote this as a note on facebook last night, but decided I'd bring it over here just for fun!)

But am I the only one who sees some shimmer of potential for us to get back to the national championship?

I know, I know. 2 losses -- and it's a long shot ... but with how this college football season has gone, I could imagine it happening.

BCS Title game:
--
Ohio State - will stay at 1 loss and will probably be in the BCS title game in this scenario.
vs.
Oklahoma - we crush/whoop OSU and a #1 or #2 undefeated Kansas/1-loss Missuori team in the Big XII championship.

What needs to happen:
1.) We win convincingly (and Kansas wins out and moves to #1 or #2).
2.) LSU loses either to Arkansas or the SEC championship game - 2 losses -- they can't win SEC championship, though -- we won't jump them if they do.
3.) West Virginia lose to Connecticut (UConn could do it this year).
4.) Possibly Georgia or VaTech lose (2 loss teams ranked ahead of us) - we will jump Oregon if we win out; possibly jump Georgia and VaTech (barring Georgia winning the SEC championship over LSU ... if Tennessee wins out, they have tie-breaker w/ Georgia and go to SEC CCG instead of a 2-loss Georgia team).

And that's basically it! There are NO other teams that can threaten in that scenario ... and this isn't TOO terribly whacky considering the season at hand. It COULD happen.

Arizona State is no longer a threat. And I don't think USC will pass us.

I think us winning out convincingly and beating a potential #1/#2 team in the Big XII championship will boost us bigtime over other 2 loss teams that are above us in the polls, especially the BCS. The computers will love us and we get a massive point bonus for beating a top BCS ranked team (pretty sure this is the case on the points -- not entirely certain, though). Couple those things with some critical losses with a few of the teams ahead of us, and viola, we're in it.

We just need Bradford to take the reins and lead our team to annihilate OSU & Kansas/Missouri.

... and we also need a lil' Sooner Magic. ;)

Although, honestly, I'd also just take a 1 point victory over OSU this weekend. ;)

OK2U
11/23/2007, 07:53 PM
Damn, you crazy.

Sooner98
11/23/2007, 07:58 PM
After last night's beatdown, USC passes us.

Jewstin
11/23/2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, USC coming on strong kind of throws in a wrinkle ... 'cause we'd need Oregon to win this weekend and secure the Pac-10. I dunno - I just don't see the pollsters favoring a Brady Leaf led Ducks team if they do win.

soonerboomer93
11/23/2007, 08:09 PM
You ****in loco

soonerboomer93
11/23/2007, 08:13 PM
IBTM

cvsooner
11/23/2007, 08:17 PM
Oregon will lose to UCLA. Game's at UCLA and Leaf is a sitting duck.

Jewstin
11/23/2007, 08:17 PM
Why would the thread be moved? :( It seems somewhat possible! And, if nothing else, it could help lead to BCS changes if it becomes a huge muck. A bunch of 2 loss teams with conference championships and no legitimate 1 loss team besides Ohio State?

Granted, I have been told I have a wonderful imagination ... hahaha. ;)

Newbomb Turk
11/23/2007, 08:47 PM
I wrote this as a note on facebook last night

cra-z

OUmillenium
11/23/2007, 09:10 PM
Don't want a 2 loss MNC, thanks.

soonerboomer93
11/23/2007, 09:17 PM
Why would the thread be moved?

IBTM

In Before Thread mother****ing Merge

because it's a dup thread, and the other one was a on the first page, just a couple posts down

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104084

Newbomb Turk
11/23/2007, 09:18 PM
why do you h8 n00bs?!?

:D

soonerboomer93
11/23/2007, 09:20 PM
um, because apparently the light bulb turns off if they read another thread before starting one with their mucho importante thought of the day :D

Jewstin
11/23/2007, 09:51 PM
The general int4rn3tz usage of that acronym is "move" ... ;) I don't frequent these forums much anymore. Not down with the SF.com lingo. :O

Anywho, I didn't realize the other threads were regarding this matter. Their thread titles were not really indicative of their content, so I didn't read them (I don't read all threads). Mine, however, is, thanks to my thoughtful usage of the crystal ball trophy! ;)

soonerboomer93
11/23/2007, 10:34 PM
well, in large part most thread titles tend not to be completely indictive of the content, espeically if have random thought or end up being thread jacked. Of course the board does have a handy feature that allows you to preview the first post if you hover over the thread title.

and yes, IBTM is generally move, it can be move. I probably should have posted the standard :les:MERGE but I was feeling to lazy to type the ubb code