PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT RUF/NEK SHOTGUN DRAWING NOTICE

Okla-homey
11/23/2007, 03:03 PM
PLEASE STABICIZE THIS

Tomorrow's the day. At the tailgate on W. Boyd. Around noon. Two Ruf/Nek shotguns used this season will be given away to two lucky contributors. The guns were named by popular vote of the contributors. Each are handsomely mounted on hardwood plaques and ready to hang in your home or office.

First, we'll decide which gun (BOOMSTICK or CENTENNIAL07) gets drawn for first. That will be done by a simple cointoss. Heads, BOOMSTICK, tails CENTENNIAL07.

Then, we'll draw. The winner of that first gun will not compete for the second gun -- thus increasing everyone else's odds of winning the second gun.

You need not be present to win. However, if your aren't there, and you have not appointed an agent to claim your prize, it will be shipped to you as soon as practible. No "guarenteed delivered by date" is expressed or implied.

If we ship it, we may need you help defray the cost of shipping because, a) it's big, and b) its a firearm. Note, if we ship it, an adult will have to be home to accept delivery. If you live in some godless communist-dominated locale where firearms cannot be shipped to your residence, aside from that being an enormous pain in the kiester, we'll figure something out.

We'd prefer anyone who contributed who will not be present to appoint an agent who will be present to accept on their behalf if they win. If you make such arrangements, just make sure the agent knows you've appointed him or her and you can be reached by phone to confirm your win, and the fact this person who claims authority from you to accept on your behalf, is not making it up.;)

We also hope someone will be present, like last year, with wireless innerweb access to immediately post the results.

That's about it. Good luck to everyone who supported the Ruf/Neks and Sooner Athletics.

Note: This sponsorship and the resulting drawing is not sanctioned by the University of Oklahoma, it's Athletic Department, David Boren, Joe Castiglione, Bob Stoops, or anyone else for that matter. So there. All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged

proud gonzo
11/23/2007, 05:33 PM
yay

soonerboomer93
11/23/2007, 06:27 PM
um, I won't be present, and don't have an agent. Honestly, it would be preferable if I win one of said items that it be shipped to me since I will no be on US soil until Feb 1ish. I will be more then happy to pay for the shipping.

Oh, and it would take an international call to reach me any ways, since at the time of the drawing there's a good chance I will probably be wicked *** drunk.

Chuck Bao
11/23/2007, 07:25 PM
I won't be present either. I would very much appreciate anyone who would like to be my agent. I'll make it worth it somehow.

My brother will be at the game and I can call his mobile number if the notification is in time.

I'll be in the southern Oklahoma by Dec 22 and can drive to OKC area to pick it up.

proud gonzo
11/23/2007, 11:09 PM
I can bring my laptop so we can post the results

soonerboomer93
11/24/2007, 03:12 AM
actually, i think I can forward my vonage line to my cell

maybe i'll pm you my vonage # pg ;)

bri
11/24/2007, 03:30 AM
Great, now Mike Rich is gonna stab sb93 for horning in on his internet crush. So much drama in the L-B-C! :D

Frozen Sooner
11/24/2007, 04:39 AM
Great, now Mike Rich is gonna stab sb93 for horning in on his internet crush. So much drama in the L-B-C! :D

Nah. pg and I already have each other's phone numbers.

soonerboomer93
11/24/2007, 07:45 AM
heh

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 09:41 AM
I have sent Homey a PEEM askin him to be MY Temporary designated GP ( gun possessor) fer ya unedumacated .
Now Homester I gots a ?
Do we just get 1 shot at winning ? Ya know like some of us bought more than one shot ( pun intended ) Do our Names and such get in the bucket twice . How ya gonna work this .
Thanks bro

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 10:33 AM
I'll take this homey since he's probably traveling...

If you bought 2 chances, your name is on 2 different balls or slips of paper in the fishbowl.
Then Iffin I win the 1st un do My name get deleted from the second drawing Or Just chunked in the trash if it comes up again ?:confused:

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 11:08 AM
I knew that Bro
I was just curious If they Gonna dig My name out after the 1st un , Or toss it if it came up again :P

bri
11/24/2007, 12:54 PM
They'll toss it if it comes up again.

Come on, Boomstick! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 01:36 PM
They'll toss it if it comes up again.

Come on, Boomstick! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!
Thats what I thot Just wanted it clareified :P

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 02:55 PM
I guess since its almost 2 , and I aint gotta call, Peem or Email
I didnt win HUH ?:mad:

proud gonzo
11/24/2007, 03:51 PM
my wireless internet wouldn't work at the tailgate. Here is the outcome

BOOMSTICK: Soonerus
CENTENNIAL07: BSG
awesome plaque by Jaux: 1TC
box of baby crown: PG's dad
lame: Dolemite

olevetonahill
11/24/2007, 06:22 PM
my wireless internet wouldn't work at the tailgate. Here is the outcome

BOOMSTICK: Soonerus
CENTENNIAL07: BSG
awesome plaque by Jaux: 1TC
box of baby crown: PG's dad
lame: Dolemite
Well hell :mad:

soonerboomer93
11/24/2007, 06:32 PM
soonerus is not nearly man enough to own boomstick

that name should never be brough up, and they need to re-record the movie and change the name...

frankensooner
11/24/2007, 06:42 PM
Or we could just cut off Rus' hand.

Soonerus
11/24/2007, 08:47 PM
Or we could just cut off Rus' hand.Very deserving and ver appreciative....maybe if you are nice I will let you look at it some time....

frankensooner
11/24/2007, 09:03 PM
cool. thank you. :D

Okla-homey
11/25/2007, 08:24 AM
You guys be nice. Rus payed his money and he won a shotgun. So did BSG. I'm happy for 'em both. We'll prolly do it again next year.

One funny aside. The plaques on which the guns were mounted smelled strongly of polyurethane. We reckon the guys just got them finished on the Friday night before the game.;)

frankensooner
11/25/2007, 12:47 PM
Nah, the cut off his hand is a reference to one of the greatest cinematic classics of all time Army of Darkness. Army of Darkness was the sequel to The Evil Dead I & II and Ashley 'Ash' J. Williams, played by the great actor Bruce Campbell, was forced to cut off his own hand after it had become infected with evil. In Army of Darkness he called his shotgun a boomstick. "shop smart, shop S-Mart" I meant no disrespect to dear Russell. (since he is a shark like me) :D

olevetonahill
11/25/2007, 12:49 PM
Grats to Rus and BSG fer winning MY DAYUM Pop gun ;)

soonerboomer93
11/25/2007, 07:48 PM
You guys be nice. Rus payed his money and he won a shotgun. So did BSG. I'm happy for 'em both. We'll prolly do it again next year.

One funny aside. The plaques on which the guns were mounted smelled strongly of polyurethane. We reckon the guys just got them finished on the Friday night before the game.;)

screw that, I don't like to be nice

actually, I was over the top and acknowledged it to Rus already

Soonerus
11/25/2007, 07:57 PM
Hey, they did a great job on the shotguns they are mounted very nicely and look great...I'll try for a repeat next year...

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/28/2007, 09:44 AM
This. Is. Awesome.

I haz a paddel and nao I haz a popgun.

I'm very excited. Now I gotta figger out how to get it...I'll come and get it if I have to. Unless it's at Jaux's place...that might be a long drive. Heh.

C&CDean
11/28/2007, 11:37 AM
This. Is. Awesome.

I haz a paddel and nao I haz a popgun.

I'm very excited. Now I gotta figger out how to get it...I'll come and get it if I have to. Unless it's at Jaux's place...that might be a long drive. Heh.

It currently resides on the weight bench in my garage. Of course you know I operate on the 30-day rule. If you ain't got it in your possession within 30 days, it becomes mine. I've got two trips to Baltimore starting next week. If you don't get it before then, I own a ruf/nek shotgun. Stick that in your booty and juice it.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/28/2007, 11:42 AM
When d'you leave next week? I will gladly pay a visit to the Deanarosa to retrieve this treasure. Or perhaps...a Norman lunch?

:norm:

And also, ow and eww.

proud gonzo
11/28/2007, 01:04 PM
a Norman lunch would ROCK

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/28/2007, 01:12 PM
:les: I AGREE!