PDA

View Full Version : Occasional men's basketball chatter thread

badger
11/23/2007, 10:59 AM
I think OU should be ranked.

I think OSU is sucking more than ever.

I think Veriticus star (Tulsa area kid) signing with R-Kansas, rather than the school that his dad is BASKETBALL OPERATIONS DIRECTOR of (Oral Roberts University) shows that ORU really is toast, no matter which Sutton is coaching them, and it has nothing to do with basketball, the school's only remaining area of achievement.

I think ORU Sutton should become OSU Sutton... for OSU's sake.

For OU's sake, I hope they keep Sean Sutton around a very long time.

I think it's fun to live in a state with four tournament regulars - TU, ORU, OSU and OU.

SO WHY CAN'T THEY ALL GO THIS YEAR?!?! :mad:

I think we should have a tournament where OU plays ORU and TU and OSU does the same... it can be at that new BOK Center in Tulsa.

Ok... that's all the chatter I have :D

Newbomb Turk
11/23/2007, 07:40 PM
I think we should have a tournament where OU plays ORU and TU and OSU does the same... it can be at that new BOK Center in Tulsa.

agree, but it should be the at the all college in OKC.

william_brasky
11/23/2007, 08:22 PM
a 3 day round robin during Christmas break would be pretty cool

OUstud
11/23/2007, 10:30 PM
I think that guy that "pumps up" the crowd and narrates all the timeout contests at the LNC is somewhat unnecessary...

Ash
11/23/2007, 11:09 PM
Rotnei Clarke is to recruiting as was Jai Lucas

Jeopardude
11/24/2007, 12:53 PM
I think that guy that "pumps up" the crowd and narrates all the timeout contests at the LNC is somewhat unnecessary...

True dat. At least they're not doing the apartment complex sponsored tricycle races this year.

I wish the band could get weird. Ominous slow songs, tuba solos, Boredoms style noise blasts, dancing and stuff.

derek430
11/25/2007, 04:14 PM
will there be any sooner fans at the Usc game? I know i will be in my sooner jersey

tommieharris91
11/25/2007, 04:18 PM
will there be any sooner fans at the Usc game? I know i will be in my sooner jersey

You might be alone. I just wonder, will any suc fans be there?

badger
11/26/2007, 10:17 AM
agree, but it should be the at the all college in OKC.
we could split it, kind of like the baseball games in okc and tulsa between ou and osu:)

i'd just like it to be in tulsa, because that's where I am and all.

I think it's funny that there's all these upsets in basketball, kind of like there was in football so far this year.

Of course, upsets are expected in basketball, so you can lose to a mediocre team, and still recover in the rankings quickly.

SleestakSooner
11/26/2007, 11:02 AM
I stayed up late to watch the USC vs. So Ill game last night. OJ Mayo was not missing and they have a kid named Davon Jefferson #5 that is a good post player that can run the court. Mayo scored 13, Jefferson had 20 and both of them came off the bench! How the hell these guys lost to Mercer is beyond me.

Timmah has a great young team in the making at USC and our young Sooners are going to have their hands full this coming Thursday night!

badger
11/26/2007, 04:06 PM
Clap. Clap. Clap yo' hands! (clap clap clap)

Ok, enough of that clappy crappy. Give your clapping hands a rest and use them to type these randomly selected teams in order of awesomeness this year.

Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Mizzou, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

My order:
Kansas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Texas
Okie State
Mizzou
Tcek
Iowa State
Nebbish
Colorado
Baylor

Hey, that's almost the order for football, too! Speaks volumes about an athletic department that can keep programs thriving throughout the year and not just one season.

Ash
11/26/2007, 05:49 PM
As of right now, I'd put texas above OU and Mizzou above OSU. Kansas State should be near the top as well.

william_brasky
11/26/2007, 06:06 PM
http://pichostonline.com/u/071126/b30b8d9aad.jpg

SleestakSooner
11/26/2007, 06:11 PM
I will adjust this after I have gotten to see them all play, but for now:

Kansas
Texas A&M
Texas
Oklahoma
Mizzou
Tcek
Okie State
Baylor
Nebbish
Iowa State
Colorado

badger
11/26/2007, 07:48 PM
http://pichostonline.com/u/071126/b30b8d9aad.jpg
Oh, dear Top Dawg, I miss you almost as much as Hollis Price. I wish you would come back to Oklahoma.

LAjew
11/27/2007, 12:20 PM
My uncle, cousin, and I will be at the USC game on Thursday so you will not be alone. The new arena is nice and there will be a pretty good crowd according to tix sales. I would love to see the schooner there so that Boomer and Sooner could leave a surprise on the court.

OUmillenium
11/27/2007, 12:27 PM
We need a pro-wrestling style return of Top Dawg where he comes out of nowhere and bashes DJ dooshrocket over the head with a metal chair and saves the crowd from further ghey annoyance.

tommieharris91
11/27/2007, 03:41 PM
Does suc seem really schizo right now, or is it just me? They lost to Mercer, but a lot of people say they are playing well right now...

derek430
11/27/2007, 04:11 PM
My uncle, cousin, and I will be at the USC game on Thursday so you will not be alone. The new arena is nice and there will be a pretty good crowd according to tix sales. I would love to see the schooner there so that Boomer and Sooner could leave a surprise on the court.

What section are you seating in?

SleestakSooner
11/27/2007, 05:02 PM
Does suc seem really schizo right now, or is it just me? They lost to Mercer, but a lot of people say they are playing well right now...

They have a really young team, even more so than OU. It was mentioned during the So. Illinois game the other night that there may have been some sort of rift between two or more of the freshmen at the beginning of the season. It looks to me as if they have learned to play as a team and the ability of their frosh to create a shot on their own is remarkable, considering how badly they dismantled what normally is a very good defensive team in Southern Illinois.

OUstud
11/27/2007, 05:47 PM
We need a pro-wrestling style return of Top Dawg where he comes out of nowhere and bashes DJ dooshrocket over the head with a metal chair and saves the crowd from further ghey annoyance.

And those dooshy yellow jacketed types that make the LNC seem like some sort of high security compound or something. :mad:

Jeopardude
11/27/2007, 06:52 PM

You have a dream. You have the greatest, most beautiful dream ever.

badger
11/29/2007, 09:59 AM
The horse pigs symbolize what is wrong with OU athletics - the commercialization of Oklahoma's success, if you will.

This is what happens when DJ Clap Clap Clap yo' hands replaces a pep band music with recorded music.

This is what happens when fans are rewarded for purchasing basketball tickets instead of using basketball tickets to see OU basketball.

This is what happens when fans are forced to stay in the upper level when there are thousands of lower level seats open... because that's what their ticket stub says :(

This is what happens with Horse Pigs. Die, horse piggies :mad:

Boomer.....
11/29/2007, 12:03 PM
It should be a good test tonight at USC. We will see jsut how good this team is when they are matched up against a good, not great team like Memphis. It's at 10:00pm CST on FSN.

Who performs better, Mayo or Griffin?

Newbomb Turk
11/29/2007, 01:08 PM
It's at 10:00pm CST on FSN.

I no think I can stay awake till the end of that one.

King Crimson
11/29/2007, 01:22 PM
works for me, i'll be getting home from work around 10:30 CST.

Jeopardude
11/29/2007, 01:41 PM
It should be a good test tonight at USC. We will see jsut how good this team is when they are matched up against a good, not great team like Memphis. It's at 10:00pm CST on FSN.

Who performs better, Mayo or Griffin?

If it's an actual classroom test, no doubt Griffin. :D

I could see Mayo feeding off the home crowd. Which Sooner will D up on him tonight?

Boomer.....
11/29/2007, 02:06 PM
I no think I can stay awake till the end of that one.
I'm in the same boat. Thank God for DVR.

badger
12/3/2007, 10:34 AM
I think the Big 12 sucks this year, despite awesome recruits. What's up with that?

Here's hoping a few stay more than a year so we can improve the conference (especially OU) and see better basketball outta the area :D

tommieharris91
12/3/2007, 10:37 AM
I think the Big 12 sucks this year, despite awesome recruits. What's up with that?

Then texass goes to UCLA and wins...

badger
12/5/2007, 07:43 PM
OU vs. Tulsa tonight! it's on the Sooner Sports Network, aka KAUT 43/Cox 16 in Oklahoma City; KOTV 6/Cox 6 in Tulsa/ ESPN Full Court

badger
12/5/2007, 07:55 PM
Oh, and for NYC Poke, the Pokes are playing Corpus Christi tonight. 7 p.m. on our local Fox channels. I think our game will be more fun to watch though... my thoroughly unbiased opinion ;)

Newbomb Turk
12/5/2007, 09:01 PM
Charlie Spoonhour looks really short on the teevee.

Ash
12/5/2007, 11:24 PM
Upcoming OOC games of note:
12/15 Arkansas
12/20 Gonzaga
12/29 West Virginia

That's going to be a tough stretch. We'll need to hit shots like we did tonight to make it through.

I'm watching WVU right now. :eek: They've got some athletes on that team. Including a big that proves that white men can jump. Had a sick alley oop dunk.

badger
12/14/2007, 09:54 AM
There's no BYE weeks in BASKETBALL!

Oh wait, yes there is, and it's this week :(

Beat R-KANSAS!

Man, I wish I could go to the game :(