PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request and info about NYC needed asap(please)

achiro
11/23/2007, 09:55 AM
My mom had to go in for emergency surgery(major surgery) last night. The problem that suddenly occurred leaves her with a very high chance of infection and will require up to two weeks of time in the hospital.

Here's the kicker, she and my sister are in New York for the first time ever. None of us have been there before. My dad left this morning to get up there and is driving so he can get mom home when she is ready(she won't be able to fly). She is in New York University Hospital. So my questions are these...since dad is driving, how hard of a time is he gonna have one he gets there with a vehicle? Parking? Any suggestions for hotels and such for my dad? Any other tips for a country boy driving into that place???

Thanks for any help/advise you can offer!

soonerbrat
11/23/2007, 09:56 AM
find a parking space, park it and take cabs.

I hope your mom is OK

olevetonahill
11/23/2007, 04:04 PM
Dont Most hospitals have hospitality rooms ? Shouldnt there be parkin at the hospital ?
In on the prayers dude Good luck

Half a Hundred
11/23/2007, 04:27 PM
My mom had to go in for emergency surgery(major surgery) last night. The problem that suddenly occurred leaves her with a very high chance of infection and will require up to two weeks of time in the hospital.

Here's the kicker, she and my sister are in New York for the first time ever. None of us have been there before. My dad left this morning to get up there and is driving so he can get mom home when she is ready(she won't be able to fly). She is in New York University Hospital. So my questions are these...since dad is driving, how hard of a time is he gonna have one he gets there with a vehicle? Parking? Any suggestions for hotels and such for my dad? Any other tips for a country boy driving into that place???

Unfortunately, NYU Med Center is on the east side of Manhattan, so no subway service. Regardless of where he parks, it's going to be expensive. His best bet is probably at the Port Authority Bus Terminal parking garage, which is immediately after you exit the Lincoln Tunnel. Rates go for about $28 a day. Once there, take a cab to the Medical Center, that will cost about $10-25.

Okla-homey
11/23/2007, 04:47 PM

The hospital will have a patient liaison person. I suggest getting in contact ASAP. They will help you sort this stuff out. Also, the hoispital should have a chaplaincy. ditto.

olevetonahill
11/23/2007, 04:50 PM
Lots of info here
http://www.med.nyu.edu/patientcare/guide/directions.html
Good luck bro

StoopTroup
Sorry to hear achiro.

Prayers to your Mom and Family in a safe recovery and return home.

Newbomb Turk
best wishes for your mom (and dad).

Tailwind
11/24/2007, 12:18 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your mom and dad. has to be hard on all concerned.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/24/2007, 12:36 AM
Prayers for your family

sanantoniosooner
11/24/2007, 12:39 AM
:(

OCUDad
11/24/2007, 12:50 AM
In. :(

soonersweetie
11/24/2007, 02:54 PM
Prayers are being sent. Good luck on everything in NY...may everything go well

SoonerGirl06
11/24/2007, 02:57 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with your mom, dad and the entire family.

soonerloyal
11/25/2007, 08:41 PM
Just now saw this thread. Praying for your mama and your family. Here's to her getting better very quickly, and getting back home.

Lori

OUHOMER
11/25/2007, 08:50 PM
Man, sad deal thoughts and prayers.... maybe he should have flown and rented a one way car for the ride back?

I hope everything goes well...

nmsoonergirl
11/25/2007, 09:37 PM
Prayers sent for your family. Keep us posted.

achiro
11/25/2007, 09:43 PM
Update: Mom will need a follow up surgery once she returns to Oklahoma but she is doing really well so far. Hopes to be released on Friday. Still not out of the woods from this surgery but doing better than expected at this point. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Keep em coming if you would.
Thanks a bunch...

sooneron
11/25/2007, 10:35 PM
There are some fairly inexpensive lots about 20 blocks down from NYU. Cheap cab or 15 minute stroll to the hospital from there or find a hotel with parking OUTSIDE of midtown.

I just saw this thread, hope all goes well.

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 11:19 PM
Prayers for you and yours

Can't help ya on NYC though, my knowledge of it comes from Seinfeld.

Boomer.....
11/26/2007, 08:43 AM
Prayers sent.

Mixer!
11/26/2007, 03:17 PM
ditto.