PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing about bring married....

OUAndy1807
11/22/2007, 06:08 PM
and there are a lot of things, but the worst thing is having to be away from your family for at least one of the holidays a year.

bluedogok
11/22/2007, 06:56 PM
We spend Thanksgiving at our home and split Christmas in OKC and Monahans. Last year we went to the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving game.

We usually travel on the 23rd, spend Christmas Eve and Day in one location and head the day after Christmas to the next town and spend a couple of days here and then head back to Austin. The first two Christmas's (2003-04) we had together we had a funeral the day after Christmas in Altus for my Grandfather and my Aunt (Grandfather's sister) so that happened on our travel day. Luckily it was pretty much in between OKC and Monahans. This year we since Christmas is on Tuesday and I have a new job with less vacation days we are going to OKC on the weekend before and then head to Monahans for Christmas Eve and head back to Austin earlier.

Rogue
11/22/2007, 08:53 PM
They're your family now too, Andy.

badger
11/22/2007, 08:54 PM
They're your family now too, Andy.
yeah, remember how your spouse feels too, because they're in the same boat :)

OUAndy1807
11/22/2007, 09:00 PM
yeah, remember how your spouse feels too, because they're in the same boat :)
yeah, but my family is awesome.

badger
11/22/2007, 09:02 PM
yeah, but my family is awesome.
I laughed when I read that.

So... she's the only one awesome in her family? Do they have a suitable television that you can just watch football at while you're visiting?

olevetonahill
11/22/2007, 09:03 PM
Is a "Bring marrage " one of those new age types ?:confused: :P

OUAndy1807
11/22/2007, 09:18 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

Okla-homey
11/22/2007, 09:28 PM
It could be worse. There are a lot of married couples who live a great distance from either side of the family. Further, there are are several hundred thousand couples celebrating the holidays apart because one spouse is defending our way of life deployed to the world's rectum.

olevetonahill
11/22/2007, 09:39 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.
:P :P :P
Plus what homey said

King Crimson
11/22/2007, 09:39 PM
It could be worse. There are a lot of married couples who live a great distance from either side of the family. Further, there are are several hundred thousand couples celebrating the holidays apart because one spouse is defending our way of life deployed to the world's rectum.

and by the world's rectum you mean the place where all the oil comes from, where the Carlyle group and the Bush family has made sweet love to the Saudis, and pretty close to the holiest place i assume with no chance of being wrong you believe in.....and people kill each other about?

Okla-homey
11/22/2007, 09:49 PM
and by the world's rectum you mean the place where all the oil comes from, where the Carlyle group and the Bush family has made sweet love to the Saudis, and pretty close to the holiest place i assume with no chance of being wrong you believe in.....and people kill each other about?

yep. All those things make it a very valuable rectum, but its a rectum nevertheless. I wouldn't trade Durant for Baghdad, with Kabul thrown in to boot.

OUAndy1807
11/22/2007, 09:53 PM
DON'T **** UP MY THREAD!!!!

MY IN-LAWS ARE WEIRD. DON'T DILUTE THAT MESSAGE.

Okla-homey
11/22/2007, 09:55 PM
DON'T **** UP MY THREAD!!!!

MY IN-LAWS ARE WEIRD. DON'T DILUTE THAT MESSAGE.

You can pick your nose. You can pick your friends. You can't pick your family.

GADOCADWI.;)

Rogue
11/22/2007, 09:56 PM
Without the oil, it's a worthless craphole. Think West Texas without any of what makes WT tolerable.

King Crimson
11/22/2007, 10:01 PM
Without the oil, it's a worthless craphole. Think West Texas without any of what makes WT tolerable.

without being totally hot and not having a vagina, Jessica Alba is worthless too.

and american foreign policy is not made on whether Jessica Alba is hot. my point is that an investor group does not equal the american national interest.....is that real hard to understand? Gas is still 3 buck a gallon. no one is making coin off that, Enron was a bookeeping error, right?

it is made (and here's where the people die and families suffer) because the US fights multiple wars in these crapholes (sic).

yermom
11/22/2007, 10:08 PM
You can pick your nose. You can pick your friends. You can't pick your family.

GADOCADWI.;)

i'm pretty sure he chose his inlaws at least indirectly :D

Okla-homey
11/22/2007, 10:10 PM
it is made (and he's where the people die and families suffer) because the US fights multiple wars in these crapholes (sic).

Either a few hundred thousand of us continue to fight in these crapholes, or we all start walking. That walking stuff could make getting to Norman for games a real beyotch.

T Boone may be a mega-poke, but I believe him when he says worldwide petroleum demand already exceeds world-wide capacity. As demand in China and India grow logarithmically, it's only going to get tighter. Nations have been warring over limited supplies of necessities for about a bajillion years.

Either that, or Detroit hurries up with that "Mr Fusion" machine the professor had in "Back to the Future."

Okla-homey
11/22/2007, 10:13 PM
i'm pretty sure he chose his inlaws at least indirectly :D

It's obvious you are single. Psst...I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. In this country, men don't pick their wives. Women choose the man they are going to marry. They utilize this Vulcan (or Vulvan) mind-meld dealio which bamboozles the man into thinking it's his idea.

I hope that don't bust no bubbles, but if I'm lyin', I'm dyin'. Promise.

yermom
11/22/2007, 10:14 PM
or we could design our cities and public transit better...

Okla-homey
11/22/2007, 10:18 PM
or we could design our cities and public transit better...

Granted. And if we get serious about it right now, maybe we'll have that sorted out in the next hundred years or so. In the meantime, and for the foreseeable future, we need a buttload of gas at the pump. Without that gas, our economy ceases to function. Full stop. And we all starve to death. Literally.

King Crimson
11/22/2007, 10:20 PM
Either a few hundred thousand of us continue to fight in these crapholes, or we all start walking. That walking stuff could make getting to Norman for games a real beyotch.

T Boone may be a mega-poke, but I believe him when he says worldwide petroleum demand already exceeds world-wide capacity. As demand in China and India grow logarithmically, it's only going to get tighter. Nations have been warring over limited supplies of necessities for about a bajillion years.

Either that, or Detroit hurries up with that "Mr Fusion" machine the professor had in "Back to the Future."

what kind of argument is this? because there is less, we should bomb the snot out of people to lay claim to the South Caspian?

do you even know about that....or the pipeline out of Karachi?

nations have been warring over limited resources but the REAL war is the legitmation struggle to how to divvy up those resources that people live. that's called "society". whether it's religion, democracy, or whatever that's how it works.

you seem to love (based in your "history" reports) anglo-american dominance and all the hero stories about it, most notably WW II. fact of the matter is the US dollar ain't going to rule the globe these days, and nor will US military "power".

the future is not going to be unilateral US economic power.

deal with it.

r5TPsooner
11/22/2007, 10:30 PM
It's obvious you are single. Psst...I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. In this country, men don't pick their wives. Women choose the man they are going to marry. They utilize this Vulcan (or Vulvan) mind-meld dealio which bamboozles the man into thinking it's his idea.

And they wow us with their boobies too.

yermom
11/22/2007, 10:32 PM

no comment :D

olevetonahill
11/22/2007, 10:34 PM
We can just say **** it and go back to the thread title . Whats a "Bring marriage " :D

RacerX
11/22/2007, 10:50 PM
We can just say **** it and go back to the thread title . Whats a "Bring marriage " :D

Andy must be Asian, talking about bring married.

olevetonahill
11/22/2007, 11:02 PM
Andy must be Asian, talking about bring married.
looking to Bring earl to the weddin ?

Okla-homey
11/23/2007, 09:55 AM
fact of the matter is the US dollar ain't going to rule the globe these days, and nor will US military "power".

the future is not going to be unilateral US economic power.

deal with it.

Unilateral economic power? We haven't had in over fifty years. The point is, as long as the US has air supremacy, a blue water Navy, and very experienced and capable land forces comprised of at least ten divisions, we'll have enough oil to meet our needs. The American people will not tolerate anything less.

IMHO, that's what those kids are doing in southwest Asia right now. Keeping it flowing. And if we could figure out a way to run our cars on the blood of Arabs, the vast majority of Americans would feel that's okay too.

"No Blood for Oil" is silly. Especially so when its a printed on a bumper sticker on the back of an automobile that runs on the stuff.

Idealism is fine in the abstract, but the practicalities often drive alternative solutions. My study of history convinces me humanity has not evolved past a willingness to club the other guy if he has something the clubber must have.

badger
11/23/2007, 11:06 AM
Ok... back on topic...

So, your in-laws are weird. They like football, though, right? Just suck up Thanksgiving, knowing that you can watch football all day and not have to strike up conversation with them too much :)

Jerk
11/23/2007, 11:22 AM
I knew the bad thing about marriage was that the panties rule.

I thought that there would be a good thing about marriage:

Sex whenever you wanted it.

Well.....

That didn't turn out the way I expected.

WTF?

I married a nun, cuz that's be what I gettin'....nun.