PDA

View Full Version : OU MARCHING BAND....MACY'S PARADE

fossil
11/22/2007, 12:53 PM
The University of Oklahoma has more than just the Sooner football team and a football tradition. I just heard the announcers say something about the sound of over a thousand feet dashing into position and introduced the OU band as being over 600 strong.

The made me proud as hell! I know this is a football board, but the band represented the university in style as they played the hell out of 'Oklahoma' and followed with 'Boomer Sooner'. Brought tears to my eyes and made me wanna stand and cheer.

Be proud of that band Sooners, because they are a great bunch of young people and represent the university with style!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

ted_dawson
11/22/2007, 12:58 PM
I hope somebody can YouTube it...

MichiganSooner
11/22/2007, 01:37 PM
They did a great job. The other high school bands and Virginia Tech marched onto the screen. The Pride was standing around in semi-lines and as the tv announcement began, sprinted toward the "stage". Somehow, they all got in perfect position for the opening note of Oklahoma. What a sound!! And to hear them marching down the street playing Boomer over the tv announcers and the next act gave me goosebumps.

sendbaht
11/22/2007, 01:42 PM
I can proudly say my Niece is in the band.

OUTromBoNado
11/22/2007, 02:08 PM
The University of Oklahoma has more than just the Sooner football team and a football tradition. I just heard the announcers say something about the sound of over a thousand feet dashing into position and introduced the OU band as being over 600 strong.

The made me proud as hell! I know this is a football board, but the band represented the university in style as they played the hell out of 'Oklahoma' and followed with 'Boomer Sooner'. Brought tears to my eyes and made me wanna stand and cheer.

Be proud of that band Sooners, because they are a great bunch of young people and represent the university with style!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Actually, they said it was the sound of over 600 feet because the band is over 300 strong. The Pride is the biggest marching band in the parade this year.

Still, it was really cool. I recorded it on my DVR. They represented OUr state and university really well. The new red coats looked great, too.

I was in the Pride when we marched in the Rose Parade. That was an awesome experience. I can only imagine what the Macy's parade is like for this group.

oklaclarinet
11/22/2007, 02:23 PM
When the Pride halted from the sprint I really expected them to start out blasting the fanfare instead of starting Oklahoma "from the trumpets." I did notice that they also cut short the ending, so all quotes of "Boomer Sooner" were eliminated from the song. I guess it was done since they were representing the state for the centennial, they just wanted a straight-up version of the state song.

The new red coats are a different look. There's hardly any white, unlike the old red coats. It will be nice to see them in person on the band this Saturday. (I did get to see one up close at a convention this summer, but it was just the coat on a stand and not the full uniform.)

badger
11/22/2007, 08:38 PM
When the Pride halted from the sprint I really expected them to start out blasting the fanfare instead of starting Oklahoma "from the trumpets." I did notice that they also cut short the ending, so all quotes of "Boomer Sooner" were eliminated from the song. I guess it was done since they were representing the state for the centennial, they just wanted a straight-up version of the state song
Nah, they just had time constraints, probably. NBC was probably all like "Ok, we need to fit in Mary Poppins, Barbie and the Sesame Street gang, not to mention Legally Blonde the musical! Keep it short!"

OUTromBoNado
11/22/2007, 10:00 PM
Apparently on the CBS broadcast, they said we just hired Tom Osborne as our AD.:rolleyes:

SoonerSnareMom
11/22/2007, 10:05 PM
My son is on the Pride's drumline and my husband and I attended the Parade with a group of Pride parents. Y'all would have loved the sound of "Boomer" coming from parents on one side of Central Park West, and "Sooner" in reply from the other side before the start of the parade! We hung crimson OU rain ponchos over the barricades so they could spot us among the millions of spectators.

Their wake-up call this morning was at 1:30 a.m. -- they had a pre-dawn dress rehearsal at Herald Square and then had to travel by bus to their staging area at the start of the parade route. They've been working on the Macy's show for weeks at their daily rehearsals -- along with learning the music and marching (including "Thriller") for the halftime shows we all enjoy every home game.

Please give these fine young people a HUGE reception on Saturday. And if you have time before the game, come check out the drumline show on the east side of the Union 2-1/2 hours before gametime. We love you, Pride of Oklahoma!

soonerboomer93
11/22/2007, 10:15 PM
FIRE BRIAN BRITT

badger
11/22/2007, 10:38 PM
tee hee

Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

PrideTuba
11/22/2007, 11:18 PM
tee hee
Ok, it's back up now. Sorry it was down, we had to change hosting companies and it took a while for the DNS info to go through.

The red coats looked awesome, I heard a while back they were getting new uniforms. I completely forgot then I saw that today.

Piware
11/23/2007, 12:41 AM
The Pride made us all proud - very proud! What a great job and the kids will have a lifetime memory.

texas bandman
11/23/2007, 12:44 AM
I liked the white jackets. The red jackets with the red pants is just too monochromatic. Of course, there was probably an uproar when we switched to the white jackets when I was in the Pride. And the trouser length at the parade was atrocious. Some pants were dragging the ground. Of course, they were in white Saturday night in Lubbock and I don't know when they got the new uniforms.

On a side note - The pep band did a great job at the Tech game. You guys never gave up and kept the energy throughout the game.