PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Press Conference - My observation

Katy's Most Wanted
11/22/2007, 09:53 AM
I watched Bob's press conference on Sooner Sports yesterday and I have to be honest with you my fellow Sooners - I love Bob.
Granted, I was pi_ _ed after the game Saturday night and still am not a big fan of Wilson and Venables but Stoops is my guy.
I thought he handled the questions very well -
honest,
no spin,
no BS,
called BS when it was appropriate,
very diplomatic in his assessment of the mistakes on both sides of the ball
and most importantly (I think) he did not let his emotions take over and showed a sense of humor as well.
One other thing - someone posted a comment about 20 year olds and where their heads are - could not be more spot on.
Take care and Happy Thanksgiving
We will crush the aggs.

85sooners
11/22/2007, 11:14 AM
booooooooooooooomer!!!!!!!!!!!

zeke
11/22/2007, 11:19 AM
soooooooooooooner

King Crimson
11/22/2007, 11:20 AM
hornfans troll, FYI

Partial Qualifier
11/22/2007, 11:28 AM
He's tending to be more light-hearted when dealing with the press this year. I got the feeling he was expecting more criticism of his offensive staff. Sortof as if he would've not minded the criticism.

I may've been overthinking it but i got the feeling he was not happy with some of the offensive decisions to the degree that he wouldn't mind sharing the disappointment, if prodded.

Leroy Lizard
11/22/2007, 12:11 PM
Am I the only Sooner fan who couldn't care less how Bob handles his press conferences?

oupride
11/23/2007, 11:14 AM
I may've been overthinking it but i got the feeling he was not happy with some of the offensive decisions to the degree that he wouldn't mind sharing the disappointment, if prodded.
What are you exactly saying? I do not understand. Are you saying Coach Stoops is not included in the offensive decisions on the field? Are you saying he tends to allow offensive decisions be made on the field but carries the ultimate overide/veto? He wears a headset. Do you or does somebody on here know his methodology of delegation of duties during a game? Please explain.

aurorasooner
11/23/2007, 12:15 PM
Am I the only Sooner fan who couldn't care less how Bob handles his press conferences? I don't particularly care about how he handles his local press conferences as long as it doesn't make a national spectacle like Gumby's tirade did, but his playback show is viewed nationwide on Fox College Sports, and that show is probably where a lot of parents of future out-of-state recruits set their 1st opinion of Bob. I really would like to see Dean replaced as the host of this show, as I perceive Bob to be somewhat uncomfortable with Dean as the host. (just my perception whether it's right or wrong).

StoopTroup
11/23/2007, 12:34 PM
I don't particularly care about how he handles his local press conferences as long as it doesn't make a national spectacle like Gumby's tirade did, but his playback show is viewed nationwide on Fox College Sports, and that show is probably where a lot of parents of future out-of-state recruits set their 1st opinion of Bob. I really would like to see Dean replaced as the host of this show, as I perceive Bob to be somewhat uncomfortable with Dean as the host. (just my perception whether it's right or wrong).
I couldn't agree more.

Although Dean is a Sooner, he struggles with his career vs his being a Sooner.

I think he needs to take a few lessons from Kirk Herbstreit as to how to handle your past accomplishments and your future as a sports broadcaster.

Dean...just quit trying so hard to prove your a good broadcaster and be prOUd of who yOU are....yOU can't change it.

If Dean loses his seat on the Caoch's Show...I'm thinking his career will take an even bigger nose dive.

Maybe he's trying to become the new voice of the Sooners once BBS decides to retire....