PDA

View Full Version : Cafe in Amarillo

Rogue
11/22/2007, 08:47 AM
Probably some great diners there, and I've always wanted to stop at the place where if you can eat the 96 oz (or whatever size it is) steak it's free.

More after 10:00

King Crimson
11/22/2007, 08:54 AM
Patty's Chuck Wagon cafe in Dalhart or Dumas, YWIA. right at the corner of the state highways. they make the biscuits right there in front of you on the griddle.

YWIA.

Jerk
11/22/2007, 09:20 AM
They have a billboard on the Turner Turnpike advertising that huge steak in Amarillo. think it's one of those deals that if you can eat the whole thing, you get it for free. It reminds me of the John Candy movie.

King Crimson
11/22/2007, 09:24 AM
the Big Texan.

swardboy
11/22/2007, 10:13 AM
There's a messican restaurant on the old town plaza in Albuquerque I'd love to get back to someday....

olevetonahill
11/22/2007, 02:27 PM
They have a billboard on the Turner Turnpike advertising that huge steak in Amarillo. think it's one of those deals that if you can eat the whole thing, you get it for free. It reminds me of the John Candy movie.
You have to eat it and ALL the trimmins in an hour :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
11/22/2007, 02:41 PM
You have to eat it and ALL the trimmins in an hour :rolleyes:Mangino, Mangino, Mangino!

Curly Bill
11/22/2007, 03:22 PM
The Big Texan steakhouse in Amarillo. The steak is 72 oz, and it looks like a roast, you also have to eat the dinner roll, shrimp cocktail, and the baked potato, and you have one hour in which to do it. They'll set you at a table on a platform, start the timer, and let you get after it. I used to think I could maybe do it...until I saw what a 72 oz steak looks like! :eek:

...that being said they have a board up with the names of peeps who have done it recently, and apparently it's not an uncommon occurence....but Good Lord I don't see how.

yermom
11/22/2007, 10:12 PM
Blue Sky is one of the best burgers i've ever had

the green chile burger was nuts

the handmade banana shake wasn't bad either

I-40 and Western (exit 67)

YWIA