PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

ouwasp
11/22/2007, 01:13 AM
the dvd is playing on the television to my left. What an awesome production. I try to watch it every 6 months or so.

The Greatest Generation at its greatest.

VeeJay
11/22/2007, 09:25 AM
The battle scenes in the woods during the snow as the krauts were bombing them were amazing. Here those guys were in absolute hell without winter clothing, just trying not to get their asses blown up.

Greatest Generation, we salute you!

rufnek05
11/22/2007, 11:16 AM
one of the greatest DVD sets you can own. We owe those guys a lot

Lott's Bandana
11/22/2007, 12:12 PM
one of the greatest DVD sets you can own. We owe those guys a lot

And one of the most appreciated Christmas/BDay presents.

At the end of Ken Burn's, "The War", it states that 1,000 WWII vets in the U.S. are dying each day.

Those guys earned every one of those extra days they were granted.

bluedogok
11/22/2007, 07:01 PM
I have that as well, my wife got it for me for Christmas last year. Another of the great HBO series that I have is "From the Earth to the Moon" which Circuit City has on sale for $14.99 tomorrow.

pergdaddy
11/23/2007, 12:58 PM
veejay,
That's the Battle of the Bulge in bastogne. That was where I believe it was most deadliest for Easy during WWII.

I have had the DVD's for a couple of years now. I remember first seeing the series on HBO about 5 or 6 years ago. Caught my attention and hasn't let go of my attention.

My grandfather was stationed at Wright-Patterson as a mechanic/crewman on some of the planes that flew generals back and forth to europe. They have one of the planes he worked on in the museum. He's got alzheimer's, beginning stages, and is not doing all that great. These guys are dying off rapidly. Mainly age, but there is so much more to learn from them. It's a shame we don't honor them more than we do.

My wife's uncle was in one of the artillery battery platoons that supported Patton's 3rd army. He landed on Utah Beach. He has shown me some stuff that he has. He gave me some army issued newspapers from the '40s. He gets World War II magazine. Definitely interesting if you ever get to chance to read these.