PDA

View Full Version : What Would Hurt T. Boone State Fans Most?

stoopified
11/21/2007, 11:26 AM
Having OU stomp a mudhole in them like 52-9 or 42-14,losing a competitive game to us say 31-28 or 38-35, or my personal favorite having the lead 20-3 going into the 4th only to lose?I'm sure many of you recognize the scores,scenarios I listed from previous encounters with the Pokes,and while I like a good beatdown there is SOMETHING extra satisfying about beating the NEON ORANGE MOB in a game they actually BELIEVE they are going to win.I'll never forget Jimmy Johnson after that come from behind 4th quarter OU win in '84.He was so incensed that I thought he was going to have a stroke.Good times.

sooner518
11/21/2007, 11:30 AM
blow out. followed closely by a monumental collapse in the 4th quarter.

either of those would be funny

NYC Poke
11/21/2007, 11:37 AM
It's the blown leads that hurt most. When you're getting blown out at least your expectations adjust to reality more quickly. Our loss to Kansas this year hurt a lot less than our losses to Texas and A&M, where victory was within our grasp and we let it slip through.

So if you have to beat us again this year, please let it be in the spirit of the holidays and get it over with quickly. I don't want to suffer.*

*Similarly, in the spirit of the holidays, I made this post solely so those of you on neg spek jihad don't have to search for my posts. I'm right here. Have at it.

MrJimBeam
11/21/2007, 11:40 AM
Crushing Halloween U. starting our backup QB would be enough for me.

Crimsontothecore
11/21/2007, 11:41 AM
If someone put chastity belts on their sheep.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/21/2007, 11:51 AM
I had this urge to sneak over to OP and I found this gem:

"I fully expect our 'boys will beat the Sooners going away and prove to all football fans in the state of Oklahoma, as we embark on our second century of statehood, that there is now a new sheriff in town, and his name is Pistol Pete!"

LMAO.

BoomerGirl34
11/21/2007, 11:54 AM
I want a blowout. If they stay close it will be nothing but

"We almost won" - "We had you on the ropes" "You got lucky" or some sort of aggy biatching.

I want it to be so bad, that some sort of XLK boo hoo fark will HAVE to come out of it.

aurorasooner
11/21/2007, 11:55 AM
A loss Saturday and the aggies will be 6-6. Short of them super gluing their thrumb to their index finger so they couldn't make the "pistol's firing" sign at their weedeater bowl, going 50% while the greatest offense on the planet got skunked by a hurting Sooner D would probably register about like the Troy debacle on the aggie pain scale .

douxpaysan
11/21/2007, 11:58 AM
Blow-out losses...they already have experienced that. Come from behind Poke-Choke-Losses...yep they have already been there done that too. Losing when they think they should win is what will happen.http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=44670

Flagstaffsooner
11/21/2007, 01:04 PM
If "Dolly" got a leak and was unable to satisfy their desires Saturday night.

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/1285/sheep.jpg

sooner n houston
11/21/2007, 02:44 PM

"We almost won" - "We had you on the ropes" "You got lucky" or some sort of aggy biatching.

I want it to be so bad, that some sort of XLK boo hoo fark will HAVE to come out of it.

Exactly! Don't want to give them some sort of "Moral" victory! Hang half a hundred on their asses!

picasso
11/21/2007, 03:12 PM
a swift kick in the junk would hurt them the most.

stoopified
11/21/2007, 04:13 PM
a swift kick in the junk would hurt them the most.I think you are making a rather questionable assumption that Pokies have gonads. :)

Larry&Leisa
11/21/2007, 04:31 PM
mudhole

cheezyq
11/21/2007, 04:35 PM
blow out. followed closely by a monumental collapse in the 4th quarter.

either of those would be funny

I'd like to see them hold a 9-3 lead in the 4th, and then we score 7 straight TDs to win 52-9. Best of both worlds. :D

Stoop Dawg
11/21/2007, 04:35 PM

If there was a "We played 'em close" championship, the Pokes would win it every year.

Landthief 1972
11/21/2007, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see Hazle throw for 400 yards, 5 TDs and then Nichol comes in and runs for 200 yards and 3 TDs. Then McEachern cleans up in the second half. :stunned:

westcoast_sooner
11/21/2007, 05:01 PM

"I fully expect our 'boys will beat the Sooners going away and prove to all football fans in the state of Oklahoma, as we embark on our second century of statehood, that there is now a new sheriff in town, and his name is Pistol Pete!"

LMAO.

Can you say DELUSIONAL?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/21/2007, 06:06 PM
Can you say DELUSIONAL?

Yep. It must be something in the Stoolwater.

sendbaht
11/21/2007, 07:19 PM
I"d love a big blow out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonermeteor
11/21/2007, 08:17 PM
A blow out so I can relax and complete my plans for the trip to San Antonio. :pop:

Big Red Ron
11/21/2007, 08:27 PM
Mud. Hole.

Mudhole ol' mudhole this should most certainly be a pole.

yermom
11/21/2007, 08:43 PM
blowout

i want to be in the stands wondering if we will actually hit the century mark

but i guess that is just what i want

what would hurt them the most is to have the Pukes go into halftime with a 5 TD lead only to lose by 50

ouwasp
11/21/2007, 09:03 PM
I've had enough close games with those twerps to last a lifetime. Beat them soundly so they can't grin wistfully about almost hitting a fg, a pass, etc.

Then the best: (this really happened to me) At work the following Monday, don't even bring it up. Later on a poke might come up to you and say something like "I'm impressed that you're not crowing about beating us..."

Great reply: "Aww, it's not that big o' deal, beating osu..." :D Stuck it in and twisted at the same time. That really did hurt.

hgarmorer
11/21/2007, 09:55 PM
Finally a poke with some sense...

"UO will blow us out of Norman just like every other year. Bradford will be back and the OSU defense will have over 500 hung on them easily.

I love OSU but when it comes to football I take the orange glasses off and except the facts. It would be like UO coming to OSU for a wrasling."

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/25/2007, 12:41 AM

LMAO.

I apologize for replying to my own post, but...

looks like that new sheriff is shooting blanks.

:D [hairGel]

stoopified
11/25/2007, 12:46 AM
I like the blowout and how we gave them just a glimmer of hope in the 2nd half,then stomped on them.

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 12:51 AM
Crushing Halloween U. starting our backup QB would be enough for me.

Well, we basically rested Bradford the whole game and still kicked their ***. And the World's Greatest Offense had one touchdown drive. No wait...I take that back. They had two touchdown drives but just couldn't get it done on four tries from the 1. Greatness.

Piware
11/25/2007, 01:15 AM
I apologize for replying to my own post, but...

looks like that new sheriff is shooting blanks.

:D [hairGel]

They fought the law and the law won. Now they can crawl back into their holes for another year. Hurray!:texan:

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 01:45 AM
Having OU stomp a mudhole in them like 52-9 or 42-14,losing a competitive game to us say 31-28 or 38-35, or my personal favorite having the lead 20-3 going into the 4th only to lose?I'm sure many of you recognize the scores,scenarios I listed from previous encounters with the Pokes,and while I like a good beatdown there is SOMETHING extra satisfying about beating the NEON ORANGE MOB in a game they actually BELIEVE they are going to win.I'll never forget Jimmy Johnson after that come from behind 4th quarter OU win in '84.He was so incensed that I thought he was going to have a stroke.Good times.

Yeah, let's just stop at the first comma. You pretty much hit it!!!!