PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bicyclists

mdklatt
11/21/2007, 09:58 AM
**** off, dip****s.

You'll get respect from motorists just as soon as you start obeying traffic laws. Running stop signs--UNACCEPTABLE. Riding on the wrong side of the street--UNACCEPTABLE. Riding at night with nary a reflector--UNACCEPTABLE. Coming up along side me at an intersection and either zooming ahead of me or turning in front of me--UNACCEPTABLE. Turning left into my lane (i.e. the wrong lane) and zooming between me and the curb when I'm about to make a right turn--are you ****ing kidding me? UNACCEPTABLE.

Hamhock
11/21/2007, 10:23 AM
i almost trashed two idiots on bicycles last night. i was coming over a hill, they were in my lane, coming toward me, with no reflectors.

if it were not for my cat-like reflexes and jeff gordon driving skills, i'd be complaining about the brain matter on my car.

C&CDean
11/21/2007, 10:36 AM
With all due respect to the Biker Fox wannabes who populate this board, are you ****ing kidding me? Why do you people have to ride 4 abreast and take up a whole lane in a 55 mph zone? Do you have a death wish? Are you really just that stupid? I've actually touched a couple of them with my mirror and they go all ape**** about it. I've actually talked to a couple of them and they give you the whole "we have the right of way" and "we can ride anywhere we damn well please" bull**** too. I always just say "so, I guess you don't like living much."

And if you're one of the dozen or so morons who ride regularly between Norman and Noble on 77, let me just say this: If I ever see one of you guys down, I will probably still stop and help, but you'll have to pardon me if I'm laughing while I'm helping scrape you up off the road. And as we're loading you into the ambulance, please do not get offended when I say "you got what you deserved dumbass."

And before any of you riders gets all irate, just remember that it ain't about what rights you have. It's about being stupid. If you're stupid enough to ride a 15 pound bicycle in traffic - with no possible way to get out of anybody's way - and you aggressively flaunt "your rights" then please don't get ****ed when somebody runs you over.

Widescreen
11/21/2007, 10:41 AM
Just about every time I drive to my in-laws house, there's about a 2 mile section where several dozen cyclists take up an entire lane of a 2-lane road so that I have to follow them going about 15 mph. I wish there was a law where they had to ride single file on the shoulder and if there's no shoulder, they have to cram their bikes up to the curb as close as it will go.

fadada1
11/21/2007, 10:44 AM
yeah, what dean said!!!!!

OUDoc
11/21/2007, 10:46 AM
People always worry about rights without using common sense.
You have the right to walk around downtown at midnight with $100 bills taped all over you. Common sense should tell you it's not wise to do so.

Somehow, I think many bicyclists feel justified that you'll get handed a $40 "failure to yield" ticket while standing over their corpse.

fadada1
11/21/2007, 11:18 AM
i got stopped on campus (u. of florida) one evening because i didn't have a light on my bike. i played syupid and acted like i didn't know i needed one. needless to say, i graduated without ever buying a ghey light on my bike.

my theory/view/opinion/reason was this: i'm paying more attention to you than you are of me. if i have a light, that's one more distraction to cause you to hit me. if i see you coming, i will stop.

that being said, that was a campus environment and i was rarely on a street. if i ever was going to be riding on a busy road (such as the one from norman to noble), 1 - i would choose not to do it and drive, or 2 - i'd get neon for my bike and stay the hell out of the middle of the road.

as OUDoc said, it's all about common sense!!!! think people, think.

sooner_born_1960
11/21/2007, 11:23 AM
People always worry about rights without using common sense.
You have the right to walk around downtown at midnight with $100 bills taped all over you. Common sense should tell you it's not wise to do so.

Somehow, I think many bicyclists feel justified that you'll get handed a $40 "failure to yield" ticket while standing over their corpse.
That would be $119. You must have started driving in the 80's.

OUDoc
11/21/2007, 11:45 AM
That would be $119. You must have started driving in the 80's.
You USED to be able to hit bicyclists for only $40. What's this world coming to? ;)

Boarder
11/21/2007, 11:50 AM
Isn't there a minimum speed limit you'd have to adhere to? Especially on 77 from Norman to Noble. That's a highway. You have the right to drive whatever you want but you'd have to obey laws. Wouldn't driving too slow be deemed as "operating in a manner not reasonable and proper"?

C&CDean
11/21/2007, 02:14 PM
Isn't there a minimum speed limit you'd have to adhere to? Especially on 77 from Norman to Noble. That's a highway. You have the right to drive whatever you want but you'd have to obey laws. Wouldn't driving too slow be deemed as "operating in a manner not reasonable and proper"?

Works for me. The next time we see Oldnslo and Howzie doing the tandem deal in spandex shorts and hot pink singlets we'll make a citizen's arrest.

Howzit
11/21/2007, 02:19 PM
Dear everyone else in this thread,

http://kaiser.dreamhost.com/OT_stuff/nelson_haha.jpg

Howzit
11/21/2007, 02:25 PM
Actually, mdklatt, most of your list I agree with. And running stop signs/riding on the wrong side of the road where I live gets you a citation from teh po-pos.

But I have to admit, if I am riding and there is no other traffic at a stop sign, Howzie's running it. If there are cars there, I am waiting my turn. It's called will to live.

I don't ride in groups, and can understand frustration on motorists part when a group of cyclists is taking one of two lanes. OTH, if you are just mad because you have to switch lanes and go around, GTFOI.

OUDoc
11/21/2007, 02:27 PM
GTFOI.
Go to Fonzie on Ice?

Taxman71
11/21/2007, 02:32 PM
I would love to road bike, but coming within inches of a 60 mph F250 limits me to running and mountain biking....not sure why road bikers don't see it the same way. The ones who ride on Tecumseh between Porter and I-35 have a deathwish as that road is not fit for cars, much less spandex on 2 wheels.

But I really hate it when I run past one and they give you the "you're just a peasant runner" look....then they wonder why they aren't liked.

picasso
11/21/2007, 03:18 PM
I'm quite tired of them hogging 15th street in Tulsa. take a side street Biff.

Taxman71
11/21/2007, 03:29 PM
I'm quite tired of them hogging 15th street in Tulsa. take a side street Biff.

I think the name is "Bikerfox".

picasso
11/21/2007, 03:32 PM
nope, this fella wasn't packing any phallic looking things on him.

Oldnslo
11/21/2007, 04:22 PM
Works for me. The next time we see Oldnslo and Howzie doing the tandem deal in spandex shorts and hot pink singlets we'll make a citizen's arrest.
YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T TELL! :mad:

OzarkSooner
11/21/2007, 04:34 PM
With all due respect to the Biker Fox wannabes who populate this board, are you ****ing kidding me? Why do you people have to ride 4 abreast and take up a whole lane in a 55 mph zone? Do you have a death wish? Are you really just that stupid? I've actually touched a couple of them with my mirror and they go all ape**** about it. I've actually talked to a couple of them and they give you the whole "we have the right of way" and "we can ride anywhere we damn well please" bull**** too. I always just say "so, I guess you don't like living much."

And if you're one of the dozen or so morons who ride regularly between Norman and Noble on 77, let me just say this: If I ever see one of you guys down, I will probably still stop and help, but you'll have to pardon me if I'm laughing while I'm helping scrape you up off the road. And as we're loading you into the ambulance, please do not get offended when I say "you got what you deserved dumbass."

And before any of you riders gets all irate, just remember that it ain't about what rights you have. It's about being stupid. If you're stupid enough to ride a 15 pound bicycle in traffic - with no possible way to get out of anybody's way - and you aggressively flaunt "your rights" then please don't get ****ed when somebody runs you over.

Bounty hunter #1 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0151405/): You're wanted, Wales.
Josey Wales (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/): Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
Bounty hunter #1 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0151405/): A man's got to do something for a living these days.
Josey Wales (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/): Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.