PDA

View Full Version : Typical osu punk

MamaMia
11/21/2007, 08:47 AM
Okay, so last night I'm at the United doing my last minute Thanksgiving shopping. The cashier manager and I, who were both at the game, had a conversation about the OU/Tech game while this toothless sack person loads my groceries into the bags. He then takes my groceries to my car and says. "If you think what Tech just did to you was bad, wait until this Saturday." :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
11/21/2007, 08:49 AM
...sounds like he was trying to make polite conversation. :D

Jacie
11/21/2007, 09:07 AM
Don't be harsh on the young man. He went to lOSUr and might even have a degree. Now he is on a career path and who knows how far he can go after a few years as bagger? Let's see, there's trainee, bagger, head bagger, hmmm . . . possibly move up to scanner?

orangekaje
11/21/2007, 09:10 AM
Wait... Paper or plastic?

OUDoc
11/21/2007, 09:19 AM
Okay, so last night I'm at the United doing my last minute Thanksgiving shopping. The cashier manager and I, who were both at the game, had a conversation about the OU/Tech game while this toothless sack person loads my groceries into the bags. He then takes my groceries to my car and says. "If you think what Tech just did to you was bad, wait until this Saturday." :rolleyes:
What did Tech do to you, Mama? ;)

achiro
11/21/2007, 10:46 AM
This year seems a bit worse than usual, I think that with OUr injuries the pokes think they are smelling blood. We'll see what happens though...

stoopified
11/21/2007, 11:09 AM
This year seems a bit worse than usual, I think that with OUr injuries the pokes think they are smelling blood. We'll see what happens though...
That will make beating them more fun.

BoomerGirl34
11/21/2007, 11:32 AM
A grocery bagger rooting for for osu? Seems about right.

Curly Bill
11/21/2007, 11:46 AM
Does osu offer a course in grocery bagging?

...or better yet can you get a degree in it?

yur-out
11/21/2007, 11:55 AM
Wait... Paper or plastic?
See....all puke fans know the important questions about the jobs they got their degrees for.;)

Curly Bill
11/21/2007, 12:07 PM
Was it on Letterman or Carson where they used to have the world champion grocery bagger come on and demonstrate their skills? Man, they could bag some groceries, and all neat and organized-like at that.

oudivesherpa
11/21/2007, 12:32 PM

Yes. A BS in Bagology. However, most of their football players get derees in recreational bagology, with a minor in prison dating, or is it minors that get them into prison?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/21/2007, 12:39 PM

I'd rather be a bagger then have to take classes like this

ANSI 4553*
Sheep Science
Lab 2. Prerequisite(s): 3433, 3443 and 3653. Breeding, feeding, management, and marketing of commercial and purebred sheep.

http://www.okstate.edu/registrar/Course%20Listings/ANSI.html

:D :D :D

Curly Bill
11/21/2007, 12:41 PM
...so they do in fact have to breed sheep? Nice! :P

mdklatt
11/21/2007, 12:53 PM
Here's a sample of oSu degree programs and what they actually prepare you to do:

Agricultural Engineering: tractor mechanic

Retail Cash Flow Management: cashier

Nutrition Science: fry cook

Animal Husbandry: :eek:

Vaevictis
11/21/2007, 01:27 PM
Once again, I remind you that "RAM SEMEN COLLECTION" is a senior level class at OSU :D

Ardmore_Sooner
11/21/2007, 01:29 PM
As is "ARTIFICIAL SHEEP INSEMINATION" :D

Animal Mother
11/21/2007, 01:56 PM
The first aggy they hired was fired because he kept putting the paper bag over his head every Sunday after they lost on Saturday.

Seamus
11/21/2007, 02:11 PM
Once again, I remind you that "RAM SEMEN COLLECTION" is a senior level class at OSU :D

Yeah, it takes at least three years to build up that sort of wrist action.

olevetonahill
11/21/2007, 02:19 PM
Did ya tip him ?

A Sooner in Texas
11/21/2007, 11:08 PM
...so they do in fact have to breed with sheep? Nice! :P

Fixed. :D

goingoneight
11/21/2007, 11:16 PM
You should have said...

"Shut up and bag my groceries, beyonce!!!111!1" :D

I had a little aggy run-in today at Charlie's Chicken. He said "yall know you're gonna lose, right?" I asked him "what hours do you work on Saturday evening? You know... because I don't work in a chicken joint and I'd love to swing by for your post-game thoughts."

Wanna hear his reply?

"Is it in Norman this year?"

:D Priceless.

Vaevictis
11/21/2007, 11:48 PM
As is "ARTIFICIAL SHEEP INSEMINATION" :D

No, they do it naturally.

... they're just teaching them to be polite enough to give the reach-around.

Mile High Sooner
11/22/2007, 12:46 AM
...sounds like he was trying to make polite conversation. :D
Don't be confused... that's a well known pick up line in Stoolwater!:eek:

MamaMia
11/22/2007, 01:23 AM
Here's a sample of oSu degree programs and what they actually prepare you to do:

Agricultural Engineering: tractor mechanic

Retail Cash Flow Management: cashier

Nutrition Science: fry cook

Animal Husbandry: :eek:
They also have a class called Agricultural Communication. Of course we all know it better as Cattle Calling. :P

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that he walked a full 3 car lengths away and then said that. He then just took off running the cart back around the corner. He looked like an idiot. It was hilarious. :D

kjcba8101
11/22/2007, 12:41 PM
I would just like to ask how many posters on here have an OU degree? OU already has a problem of being labeled bandwagon fans and this thread probably furthers that stereotype.

Vaevictis
11/22/2007, 01:15 PM
Working on my third.

Fourth generation, too - it'll be the ninth OU degree earned in a line back to my great-grandmother. :P

KantoSooner
11/22/2007, 06:46 PM
I would just like to ask how many posters on here have an OU degree? OU already has a problem of being labeled bandwagon fans and this thread probably furthers that stereotype.

Maybe someone can explain what logic states that you have to not only attend, but graduate from a school to be a fan.
I have one degree from OU (three overall), as do my father and mother and grandfather (who was a walk-on player and is now 97 years old). But I also have friends who are OU fans who are graduates of Penn St., UCSC (and he's Canadian if you want to get really out in left field), Florida and UNM. They just happen, for diverse reasons, to really love the Sooners. And one, at least, got in a fight over the issue a few years back.

olevetonahill
11/22/2007, 06:53 PM
What did Tech do to you, Mama? ;)
I dont think Moms gonna answer ya Doc :mad:
Oh if Ya do Mom we want pics :P

kjcba8101
11/23/2007, 11:36 AM
Maybe someone can explain what logic states that you have to not only attend, but graduate from a school to be a fan.
I have one degree from OU (three overall), as do my father and mother and grandfather (who was a walk-on player and is now 97 years old). But I also have friends who are OU fans who are graduates of Penn St., UCSC (and he's Canadian if you want to get really out in left field), Florida and UNM. They just happen, for diverse reasons, to really love the Sooners. And one, at least, got in a fight over the issue a few years back.

Bet you are in the minority.

ClintonSooner
11/23/2007, 11:52 AM

I Got accepted into OU about a month ago. Does that make me a bandwagoner because I'm not even in college yet?

Landthief 1972
11/23/2007, 12:04 PM

Pssstt...just because you attended OSU one semester and then flunked out doesn't make you an alumni.

I went to UCO - their graphic design program blows both OU and OSU's out of the water - but since you feel the need to keep score, my sister has a master's from OU and her husband has a bachelor's. Is that enough street cred?

You want to talk about bandwagon fans? In Stoolwater West (Kingfisher), the OSU garb sat gathering dust at Wal-Mart every year, right up until 2001. Suddenly, it was okay to wear hunter orange again after deer season! I'm sure it had nothing to do with bandwagon fans. Strangely, the sales have slowed again - I wonder why? :stunned:

Landthief 1972
11/23/2007, 12:06 PM

Bet you've spent more time alone with a cow than you have a real, live woman (without paying her first).

yur-out
11/23/2007, 12:13 PM
Let me translate for those that don't understand aggroid:
Why is it that you have to have gone to school at stoolwater to like the team. Why is it that NOBODY outside the sheep family recognizes OSwho? Why can't aggy-lite do something that can make other people in Oklahoma proud enough to support the pumpkin patch kids? I mean isn't rasslin and all those basket weaving NC"s enough?:rolleyes:

kjcba8101
11/26/2007, 07:47 PM
Let me translate for those that don't understand aggroid:
Why is it that you have to have gone to school at stoolwater to like the team. Why is it that NOBODY outside the sheep family recognizes OSwho? Why can't aggy-lite do something that can make other people in Oklahoma proud enough to support the pumpkin patch kids? I mean isn't rasslin and all those basket weaving NC"s enough?:rolleyes:

I guess golf and wrestling sure dont compare to womens basketball and gymnastics.

Piware
11/26/2007, 08:06 PM

The old "do you have an OU degree" shtick is a favorite lOSUr line. Since you are new here I will give you the benefit of the doubt but you need to read some Oklahoma history before you start that bs.

The Sooners are exactly what George L. Cross envisioned after the Dust Bowl era when the people of Oklahoma needed something to rally to. OU answered the call and it has been that way ever since. OU fandom is generational in many families who have deep roots in Oklahoma. The Pokes resent it but it's as much a part of Oklahoma as red dirt and redbuds.

SoonerDood
11/26/2007, 08:18 PM
People love a winner.
Not many people love OSU...

Ground_Attack
11/26/2007, 08:54 PM
OSU fans believe that fans should be alumni because nobody outside of their former students WANTS to be an OSU fan. Erego, everyone else should have a limited and pathetic fan base like theirs.

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 10:12 PM

Only an aggie thinks that not having fans is a good thing.

Did you guys have a sudden jump in enrollment in 2001? I sure did see a lot of correctional facility orange around here for a couple of years. Haven't seen nearly as much since then. I wonder what happened? I guess they were ruled academically ineligible and had their fan privileges revoked. :rolleyes:

Guess what junior? All teams have bandwagon fans. All good teams anyway....

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 10:17 PM
I guess golf and wrestling sure dont compare to womens basketball

Correct. Has the wrestling team ever sold out Gallagher Iba?

P.S. Can somebody buy an apostrophe for the college graduate in our midst?

kjcba8101
11/26/2007, 11:12 PM
P.S. Can somebody buy an apostrophe for the college graduate in our midst?

Ha. Got me there. Good one.
:cool:

SoonerBacker
11/26/2007, 11:26 PM
I have two degrees from OU. How many do you have from oSucks?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 11:37 PM
I have a degree from University of Phoenix Online and their football team sucks...SO I started following OU

FirstandGoal
11/26/2007, 11:49 PM

What agroids fail to understand is that being a Sooner is not only about where you went to school, but it is also a state of mind and a major tradition for many families in this great state. My father was the first person in our entire family to attend, much less graduate from college, but he is from a long line of loyal Sooners. Funny thing about that is that he isn't even an OU alum because he went to dental school back in the 60's before OU had a College of Dentistry. He graduated from UMKC, but the moment he was done, he came back to Oklahoma with my mom and infant me and one of the first things he did was to buy OU season tickets. He's had them since '71. I can absolutely guarantee you will never see him supporting Misery.

Not everyone can afford to or can feasibly attend OU, but that doesn't diminish their love, devotion and respect to an institution that agroids would give all of their golf, rasslin', and sheep humping NC's to have and to understand.

One more thing................

University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Class of '91 beyonce!!!!!11!! :D

Piware
11/27/2007, 01:13 AM
I saw this a couple of months ago and thought about posting it then but in the interest of political correctness kept it to myself. In view of this topic, I'm going to reconsider.

Waiting in the check out line at a local Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, I noticed two of the obviously illegal immigrant types, each with a 12 pack of beer. They were filthy, had obviously been engaged in some grueling manual labor as they smelled to high heaven and spoke not a word of English.
Both were wearing OSU baseball caps that were as dirty as they were.

I made me wonder how far south in Texas the Pukes are recruiting?

RacerX
11/27/2007, 07:53 AM
Ha. Got me there. Good one.
:cool:

Enjoy your basketball season or not.

MamaMia
11/27/2007, 08:13 AM
Did ya tip him ?No. I usually do but he scurried away too fast. :D

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 08:14 AM
When we walked into the stadium an OSU fan sniffed real loud and said "You smell that? Smells like UPSET".

I rolled my eyes at him.

He didn't actually see me do it, but I could tell he sensed a disturbance in the force.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 08:17 AM
When we walked into the stadium an OSU fan sniffed real loud and said "You smell that? Smells like UPSET".

I rolled my eyes at him.

He didn't actually see me do it, but I could tell he sensed a disturbance in the force.

Thats why the force dictated that you take those seats. The young padowan was not ready for such a battle.

Strong is the force in you.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 08:19 AM
Thats why the force dictated that you take those seats. The young padowan was not ready for such a battle.

That was good chili at the tailgate.

OKLA21FAN
11/27/2007, 08:21 AM

but Gumby was are only hope, he was a man, and 40......

there is another.......

...............Houston dale Nutt

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 08:21 AM
That was good chili at the tailgate.

Darn straight. I had to take a earlier trip to the bathroom than what I planned(early 1st quarter) but it was all good from there.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 08:24 AM
but Gumby was are only hope, he was a man, and 40......

there is another.......

...............Houston dale Nutt
I'll tell you what.....

I've been searching for a new identity ever since Gundy stole my thunder on that 40 year old man thing.

It's all I had going for me.

OKLA21FAN
11/27/2007, 08:27 AM
I'll tell you what.....

I've been searching for a new identity ever since Gundy stole my thunder on that 40 year old man thing.

It's all I had going for me.
do you 'love the helmet' too?

Animal Mother
11/27/2007, 09:47 AM
That's a great part of the internet. It's another forum of free speech and it puts a light on many idiots, such as your weak smack spelling and grammar trolls. Or your "you gooner fans didn't even set foot in an OU classroom" dumb bells.
WARNING. OLD PHART RANT!!!!

When I went to OU in the 70s no one gave a rat's azz if you went to the school you screamed yourself hoarse for every Saturday. Leave it to OSU fans to pick up the zero sum gain smack of "be true to your school" towards us gooners. OSU fans have always seemed like their wheat has been over shredded but they have just become inter-stellar over-drive stupid in the last two decades. Has there been some radiation leak from the pig/sheep clone experiment in Stillwaterbreedsstillminds?????

frankensooner
11/27/2007, 11:12 AM
My pops got his masters and doctorate at OsU. He made dang sure all three of us kids went to OU.

kjcba8101
11/29/2007, 12:55 PM
My pops got his masters and doctorate at OsU. He made dang sure all three of us kids went to OU.

Its nice when the minority speaks up. That is what makes America great.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2007, 01:38 PM
Its nice when the minority speaks up. That is what makes America great.

You are so full of s**t.

I was thinking back to my days growing up in Western Oklahoma and all the OU vs. LoSuR banter that echoed up and down the school halls.

And you know what? Loyalties were divided almost 50-50.

You know what else?

Out of those kids that actually attended college, which was a handful, very few attended OU. Even fewer attended LoSuR. Instead most went to NWOSU or SWOSU. And a couple here and there even went out of state.

Point is I'm sure most still hold onto those loyalties that were developed in those formative years whether it be by family ties or just wanting to hold onto a rooting interest. And I would contend that the majority of supporters for OU and LoSuR attended neither. So I think we can flatly dismiss both your notion that OU supporters have any more or less connection to the university than do LoSuRs, and your implication that OU supporters aren't as well educated.

For me, since every member of my family from my grandfather on either attended or graduated OU, you can fairly say, "it's in the blood." Even though I had to stoop to getting my degree from Vanderbilt.

So if it's ok with you I think I'll just continue to hold onto my OU season tickets.

fadada1
11/29/2007, 01:45 PM
hay. i gots me one of them thar OU degrees. even got one frum u. of floridah.

i guess i must not be a bandwagon fan. apparently i'm a real one. and you know, i don't need to give $168 million to my school to make it a winner. it does just fine with my $50.

sooner518
11/29/2007, 01:57 PM

Great grandfather graduated from OU. Grandfather graduated from OU and got his masters from OSU. Grandmother graduated from OU. Both parents graduated from OU. I graduated from OU. Entire family is OU fans.

How's that?

OUmillenium
11/29/2007, 02:13 PM
I'm just a bandwagoner...from 1976 (age 4)

Mixer!
11/29/2007, 03:13 PM
It would really blow his mind if an aggy grad stepped forward to say they were an OU fan. The resulting black hole would swallow his talking points (OU fans aren't grads, all oSu grads hate OU) and likely make his head implode. ;)

frankensooner
11/29/2007, 03:24 PM
I used to have a cool neighbor who in college played golf for the oranags and he was a big OU football fan. I hated when he moved.

MichiganSooner
11/29/2007, 03:26 PM
I'm just a bandwagoner. Got my degree from University of Michigan. Since it takes 15 hours to drive one-way to a football game in Ann Arbor, we drive to Norman and watch another champion.

Sooner_Havok
11/29/2007, 03:52 PM
Well, guess it is time I admit it. I too am a bandwagon fan. I have only been going to OU games for about 16 years, and only have one degree from OU. I should be ashamed :(