PDA

View Full Version : NOW I HAVE HEARD EVERYTHING

85Sooner
11/20/2007, 02:25 PM
Seseme street deemed inappropriate for children.

Political correctness that is so fowl that anyone spouting this needs to be put away for a very long time in a very dark hole. Either that or incarcerated for screwing us all up, if that is the case.

I asked Carol-Lynn Parente, the executive producer of “Sesame Street,” how exactly the first episodes were unsuitable for toddlers in 2007. She told me about Alistair Cookie and the parody “Monsterpiece Theater.” Alistair Cookie, played by Cookie Monster, used to appear with a pipe, which he later gobbled. According to Parente, “That modeled the wrong behavior” — smoking, eating pipes — “so we reshot those scenes without the pipe, and then we dropped the parody altogether.”

Which brought Parente to a feature of “Sesame Street” that had not been reconstructed: the chronically mood-disordered Oscar the Grouch. On the first episode, Oscar seems irredeemably miserable — hypersensitive, sarcastic, misanthropic. (Bert, too, is described as grouchy; none of the characters, in fact, is especially sunshiney except maybe Ernie, who also seems slow.) “We might not be able to create a character like Oscar now,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/magazine/18wwln-medium-t.html

fadada1
11/20/2007, 02:28 PM
i'm suprised the over 30 crowd on this board isn't in a padded rubber room. with all the sesame street i watched under 5 years old, it's a wonder i haven't wiped out a small town in idaho.

HskrGrl
11/20/2007, 02:55 PM
Back in the day Sesame Street actually had a couple clips of women breastfeeding their babies. In one of the clips Big Bird comes up and asks the woman what she is doing. She explains it to him all while she is feeding her baby. That would NEVER fly now! In fact, I was just going to look for the clip on Youtube where I had seen it and now it's gone. Youtube took them off their site saying it voilates their terms of use. The lady wasn't even showing any boob!

NormanPride
11/20/2007, 03:05 PM
:hot:

Osce0la
11/20/2007, 03:23 PM
I had heard a while back that they were going to make cookie monster promote healthy eating - because all he promoted in the past was eating junk food (cookies)...

crawfish
11/20/2007, 04:30 PM
Sesame Street was dangerous because it portrayed kids having fun.

85Sooner
11/20/2007, 04:33 PM
Sesame Street was dangerous because it portrayed kids having fun.

and the idiots out there today can't have that

ChickSoonerFan
11/20/2007, 04:40 PM
Some people need to get a life. Seriously. Anyone who would analyze and criticize it that much needs a life.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2007, 05:10 PM
I'd never let my kids watch that left-wing garbage. Mr. Rogers was okay back in the day, but Sesame Street is pure left-wing propaganda.

85Sooner
11/20/2007, 05:24 PM
I'd never let my kids watch that left-wing garbage. Mr. Rogers was okay back in the day, but Sesame Street is pure left-wing propaganda.

didn't used to be that way evidently.

OCUDad
11/20/2007, 05:32 PM
I'd never let my kids watch that left-wing garbage. Mr. Rogers was okay back in the day, but Sesame Street is pure left-wing propaganda.http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2820/sharkhookdp5.jpg.

Sooner Eclipse
11/20/2007, 07:40 PM
Eh, they're not so PC. This was from last weeks episode.

My kids loved it.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6421/funny4pn7.jpg

soonerboy_odanorth
11/20/2007, 07:46 PM
Dear Baby Jeebus,

Please kill teh political correctness police and ultra-left and ultra-right wings.

Amen.

(The delicious irony of this is that a show that has for generations now promoted diversity, a supposed liberal agenda, but without shoving it in your face, is now being decried by the same liberals.)