PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops call-in show tonight

toast
11/20/2007, 01:03 PM
what is the over/under for how many times he will be asked about Sam's condition?

I'm putting the number at 8.

About the same number of cheddar biscuits BBS will consume.

Vic n Tulsa
11/20/2007, 02:18 PM
what is the over/under for how many times he will be asked about Sam's condition?

I'm putting the number at 8.

About the same number of cheddar biscuits BBS will consume.

Number of time he confirms what a great coach he is and no one will ever outcoach him and his staff. We have the best road record in the last 9 years or so I'm guessing, so you should be saying what an awesome road team we are!

madillsoonerfan5353
11/20/2007, 07:41 PM
Number of time he confirms what a great coach he is and no one will ever outcoach him and his staff. We have the best road record in the last 9 years or so I'm guessing, so you should be saying what an awesome road team we are!

Who is we???

:confused: :confused:

All_Day_28
11/20/2007, 08:06 PM
where can I hear this show?

KHS Sooner
11/20/2007, 08:22 PM

Please don't say WE.

Do you have anything better to do then log in to Soonerfans.com everynight and rag on us......Lmao. Try doing something else.

(and guys if you think im being harsh, then look at his posts.)

OUHOMER
11/20/2007, 08:38 PM
Please don't say WE.

Do you have anything better to do then log in to Soonerfans.com everynight and rag on us......Lmao. Try doing something else.

any time you see anybody with so much red, he has already exposed himself.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 08:45 PM
I dont listen to those shows because the people that call in sound a lot like bobby boucher

Bobby: "Captain Insano, I notice sometimes when you are wrestling-- or-or openin' up a can of whoop-***, as you like to say, you seem to be sweating quite profusely."
Captain Insano: "Yeah?"
Bobby: "I was wondering if, perhaps, you might need the services of an experienced waterboy."
Captain Insano: "That's pretty cute. How old are you, kid? Eleven, twelve?"
Bobby: "I-I am 31 years old."

oufan1
11/20/2007, 08:58 PM
Please don't say WE.

To be fair he is more or less quoting Stoops there with the We sentence

Leroy Lizard
11/20/2007, 10:07 PM
any time you see anybody with so much red, he has already exposed himself.

The people in here that have accumulated red should be run outta... hey!!

goingoneight
11/20/2007, 10:18 PM

To be fair to the whorn... this is sort of a Stoops quote from last Tuesday's press conference. He just tried desperately to spin the commenttoward making fun of OU and failed. But such tis the life of a whorn... failure.

Some moron asked why Stoops has trouble in road games and Stoops simply pointed out that while we have struggled on the road... we do have a very good record on the road since his arrival. He went on to point out that every road game is a little different than playing at home because of opposing fans and familiarity/comfortability.

I can honestly say if I'm wearing a Sooner jersey, I'd be a helluva lot more comforted playing in front of 85,000+ Sooner faithful and on my home field rather than playing in front of a few thousand screaming agroids on fake grass.

badger
11/20/2007, 10:20 PM
About 20 dozen. We Sooner fans are a loyal bunch. The bandwagoners all sport LSU caps by now :rolleyes:

Now if only they could learn the words to the Tiger Rag as easily as they could Boomer Sooner... :D

bluedogok
11/20/2007, 10:26 PM
I'll take the over....BBs will have at least a dozen of those biscuits......

Jello Biafra
11/20/2007, 10:29 PM

vic, go suck a fat baby's pecker.....

utex74
11/21/2007, 12:52 AM
The people in here that have accumulated red should be run outta... hey!!

I have a question about the red vs green. What is the deal with that and does it actually mean anything? I have been red. Then green. And now red again (thank god!) But I don't know what, if any, consequences result from having your posts favored or dissed. Is it just a popularity contest?

Serious question. What significance does green and "negs" have? I really don't know. (but expect some red for asking! :D )

Jello Biafra
11/21/2007, 01:06 AM
those texas fans that accumulate the most red have to stand still while a large english bull mastiff rubs his dog johnson on your pants leg.....if you move, you get beat with a bar of soap wrapped in Vince Youngs dna laced jock strap...

glad i could help.

goingoneight
11/21/2007, 01:17 AM
I have a question about the red vs green. What is the deal with that and does it actually mean anything? I have been red. Then green. And now red again (thank god!) But I don't know what, if any, consequences result from having your posts favored or dissed. Is it just a popularity contest?

Serious question. What significance does green and "negs" have? I really don't know. (but expect some red for asking! :D )

Green means we read your posts with a :pop:.

Red/orange/grey means we read your posts with a :rolleyes:, while wondering how much stupider you can get.

For the record... I've been red, too. It ain't easy to get out. You'll get random negs from such posts as "get well soon, Colt McCoy." Yes, I did get a neg for wishing a player no ill fate after last year's UT/KSU game. I also got a neg for suggesting AD go pro early... now that he's a millionaire and a legend in the making... some folks are starting to see why it was so important that if he get injured, be it when he had millions in the bank, not while making Sooner fans excited.

Jello Biafra
11/21/2007, 01:29 AM
Green means we read your posts with a :pop:.

Red/orange/grey means we read your posts with a :rolleyes:, while wondering how much stupider you can get.

For the record... I've been red, too. It ain't easy to get out. You'll get random negs from such posts as "get well soon, Colt McCoy." Yes, I did get a neg for wishing a player no ill fate after last year's UT/KSU game. I also got a neg for suggesting AD go pro early... now that he's a millionaire and a legend in the making... some folks are starting to see why it was so important that if he get injured, be it when he had millions in the bank, not while making Sooner fans excited.

bah! i like my explanation much better.

All_Day_28
11/21/2007, 01:32 AM
^^^^^

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2007, 02:15 AM
Now if only they could learn the words to the Tiger Rag as easily as they could Boomer Sooner...

How's that one go? "We Blow! We're Lucky! We're Overrated & Sucky!"

soonerloyal
11/21/2007, 12:28 PM
A bit of info for new members: Generally, if a poster has a speshul string of red negspek and seems unusually bent on getting a reaction to posting insults about the Sooners, it means your dog could eat a handful of AlphaBits and crap out a more meaningful post. Just ignore them.

TIA.

TUSooner
11/21/2007, 01:21 PM
So, what did Bob say on his show last night?
A verbatim transcript would be fine.
TIA!
:D

stoopified
11/21/2007, 02:09 PM
So, what did Bob say on his show last night?
A verbatim transcript would be fine.
TIA!
:DHe said:
1)Thank you,I appreciate that
2)I'm not going anywhere
3) We do't believe in running the fullback
4)Sam will be evaluated each day
5) Bottom line is we want to win
6)Our second team QB plays when our coaches feel it is appropriate
7) Mike is not rejoining the staff,he has a job

I did not actually catch the show last night but have listened to it on many occassions and besides I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express recently. :)

Partial Qualifier
11/21/2007, 02:27 PM

AM 1520 .... i think it starts at 6:00 on Tuesday nights

picasso
11/21/2007, 03:11 PM
I'm betting we didn't do anything "in a great way" last Saturday in Lubbock.

Animal Mother
11/21/2007, 03:17 PM
those texas fans that accumulate the most red have to stand still while a large english bull mastiff rubs his dog johnson on your pants leg.....if you move, you get beat with a bar of soap wrapped in Vince Youngs dna laced jock strap...

glad i could help.

Hello Jello!!! Dude I'm gonna need fair warning when you toss out a response such as the above. The entire 10 floors of the building where I pretend to work heard me bust a gut!!!!
Wasn't "Dog Johnson" a cut on "Bedtime for Democracy" or was it the name of the actor that played "Sonny Crockett" on "Miami Lice" ????

Leroy Lizard
11/21/2007, 06:52 PM
He said:
1)Thank you,I appreciate that
2)I'm not going anywhere
3) We do't believe in running the fullback
4)Sam will be evaluated each day
5) Bottom line is we want to win
6)Our second team QB plays when our coaches feel it is appropriate
7) Mike is not rejoining the staff,he has a job

Most of Stoops' salary should go towards answering such stupid questions. Keeping one's temperament would be far easier while losing a football game than having to man those phone lines.

All_Day_28
11/21/2007, 08:37 PM
AM 1520 .... i think it starts at 6:00 on Tuesday nights
thanks

douxpaysan
11/21/2007, 10:12 PM
I thought everyone got negged every once in awhile. Try not to take it personally. If you argumentively live on the edge or don't use the flippin' search button it will happen.

Jello Biafra
11/23/2007, 07:28 PM
Hello Jello!!! Dude I'm gonna need fair warning when you toss out a response such as the above. The entire 10 floors of the building where I pretend to work heard me bust a gut!!!!
Wasn't "Dog Johnson" a cut on "Bedtime for Democracy" or was it the name of the actor that played "Sonny Crockett" on "Miami Lice" ????

glad i could help......im not sure where i heard it.,..im sure i did somewhere i was just looking for another word for a schlong. ;)

Jello Biafra
11/23/2007, 07:52 PM
I thought everyone got negged every once in awhile. Try not to take it personally. If you argumentively live on the edge or don't use the flippin' search button it will happen.

aye....don't take it personally....example:

i got negged a couple of days ago for a comment i made about that ****** of a qb in indianapolis after the superbowl....roflmao i forgot all about that drunken tirade but someone made sure to throw some red at me for it. no biggie....i was with his mother a few minutes ago....she seems to have forgiven me.