PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the Sooner Football show...

ruf/nekdad
11/20/2007, 12:16 PM
and it was just as painful the second time. It was so close to being a well played game. Coach Stoops all but said they should have run a little more and that the fake punt was a center miscue. I love sooner football and IMHO if you don't, you should find someplace else to spew your crap. On to kicking so pokey butt. Smoke if you got em.
BOOMER SOONER!

MamaMia
11/20/2007, 12:30 PM
and it was just as painful the second time. It was so close to being a well played game. Coach Stoops all but said they should have run a little more and that the fake punt was a center miscue. I love sooner football and IMHO if you don't, you should find someplace else to spew your crap. On to kicking so pokey butt. Smoke if you got em.
BOOMER SOONER!
"Spew your crap?" n00b. :rolleyes:
I think you made a wrong click and think you're on that Owen Field Board. We're more polite here. Oh, and smoking is bad for you.

ruf/nekdad
11/20/2007, 12:55 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103845
^ = spewed garbage
I freely admit to my noobness and apologize for the crude remark, but WADR I have others.

ruf/nekdad
11/20/2007, 01:08 PM
Come on Mom, isn't this one a little odoriferous?

Originally Posted by CitySooner
I hope Millionaire Bob will tell us Tuesday why he never gave Kid Nichol a shot. Was he injured? Was he in Stoops dog house for some reason? Why did he stay with Halzle who is one dimensional and struggled for the most of three quarters? Sure, Halzle played better in the fourth quarter, but it was too late! Both quarterbacks are inexperienced no doubt, but Nichol could have given our offense another wrinkle to help counter the loss of Bradford. Remember the third and goal from inside the five right before halftime? Of course the smart thing to have done was to have given the ball to Chris Brown and again on fourth down if necessary. Are you going to honestly say you were not yelling for them to run it? Instead Halzle threw a horrible pass into the end zone. I could not believe that our coaches would put Halzle in that pressure situation when we could have easily pounded the ball in on third and fourth downs. We needed a touchdown, not a pussified field goal! With Nichol in the line-up we could have powered the ball in or (God forbid!) ran a quarterback bootleg or option. Would Tech be expecting that? Hell no! What message do you send your team when you are getting your asses kicked and settle for a field goal going into halftime? Weren't you screaming these same things at the television as I was and all the others I was watching with? I would bet NONE OF YOU were saying, "Oh yeah, kick the field goal, lets get some points." Those three points did nothing for us. And even worse it did nothing to boost the players confidence in their coaches and themselves. I am sure Halzle is a fine young man and he played to the best of his abilities. But let's be honest about it. Halzle was recruited to be a practice quarterback. He is gone after a few more games. Nichol was recruited to be our future leader. Better to get him in the game now and see what he's got instead of playing it safe.

MamaMia
11/20/2007, 01:13 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103845
^ = spewed garbage
I freely admit to my noobness and apologize for the crude remark, but WADR I have others.Thanks. I didn't mean to be all bossy but this forum use to be a place where people could disagree without rudeness and name calling. I miss those days.

Oh, and I agree that theres been a lot of mean spirited posts lately.

Seamus
11/20/2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks. I didn't mean to be all bossy but this forum use to be a place where people could disagree without rudeness and name calling. I miss those days.

Oh, and I agree that theres been a lot of mean spirited posts lately.

It's a reflection of society. As society spawns more jackholes, more jackholes find their way to the board.

Darwin's Fifth Rule of Jackhole Evolution.

OklahomaRed
11/20/2007, 04:46 PM
Let em' spew. It's good for the blood pressure. Not one of you can tell me that you were not pizzed that we lost to TT, and felt we could have done better in some categories of our performance? It can cause eye damage to run around is crimson colored glasses 100% of the time. Every once in a while you have to let off some steam when you loose to a team that you know we should have beaten. :confused:

soonersn20xx
11/20/2007, 05:02 PM
Thanx Mamamia, people should be allowed to express valid issues without our fanhood being called into question and being attacked. I personally think namecalling in the rep comment area should also stop now.

INGRAM1
11/20/2007, 05:20 PM
I taped the show, Sooner Football 2007, here in Kansas and since I was working I realize what a horrible call that was, on the MJ Td that was not. We had too many mistakes down near the goal. If we make one out of those 4 we win the game and probably end up winning by 2 or more td's. I hope that we win out and smash KU in the CCG. Go Sooners.

SoonerBBall
11/20/2007, 05:52 PM
Civil discussion is all well and good, but if someone is being an idiot, I'm going to call them an idiot. I miss the days when this board was only frequented by regulars who actually knew what the hell they were talking about.

w r u jkm, the barghest whelp?

opksooner
11/20/2007, 07:58 PM
Civil discussion is all well and good, but if someone is being an idiot, I'm going to call them an idiot. I miss the days when this board was only frequented by regulars who actually knew what the hell they were talking about.

w r u jkm, the barghest whelp?

I was a frequent-er. But I never knew what the hell I was talking about.

Now..........mosoon. He knew.

Stitch Face
11/20/2007, 08:09 PM
Not one of you can tell me that you were not pizzed that we lost to TT

I can honestly say I wasn't "pizzed" by the loss. Disappointed, of course, but you simply cannot win every game, all the time, even against 'lesser' teams. I'm not knowledgeable enough about football to look at Sooner players or coaches after a loss and feel mad that they didn't perform to my expectations or to think I somehow could have done better.

Johnny Utah
11/20/2007, 09:06 PM
I can honestly say I wasn't "pizzed" by the loss. Disappointed, of course, but you simply cannot win every game, all the time, even against 'lesser' teams. I'm not knowledgeable enough about football to look at Sooner players or coaches after a loss and feel mad that they didn't perform to my expectations or to think I somehow could have done better.

I posted a similar response in another thread, but at this time of day am too lazy to find it, so I'll wing this one. I don't think it was so much this specific loss, as it was another loss on the national stage, in which we were taken out of the game much too early (the loss of SB notwithstanding). IMHO if we had continued to pound away at TTUs poor run defense (we were generally gaining 5+ yards/carry) we could have kept their offense off the field. However, I haven't coached anything higher than youth football, so the Sooner coaches obviously know what they're doing more than I ever would.

Curly Bill
11/20/2007, 09:14 PM
I haven't coached anything higher than youth football, so the Sooner coaches obviously know what they're doing more than I ever would.

Well, that's certainly a defeatist attitude. ;) ;) :D

Johnny Utah
11/20/2007, 09:35 PM
Well, that's certainly a defeatist attitude. ;) ;) :D

reverse pyschology (sp?)

TexasEx4OU
11/20/2007, 09:43 PM

Don't you mean "she"? ;)

bluedogok
11/20/2007, 10:55 PM
HEY!!!!! at least we are Notre Dame :D

SoonerKnight
11/21/2007, 12:40 AM
HEY!!!!! at least we are Notre Dame :D

:confused:

Curly Bill
11/21/2007, 12:46 AM
reverse pyschology (sp?)

Just sayin, don't give up on your own coaching skills and think the Sooner coaches know more then you. Join the crowd on here and be certain that you in fact know considerably more then the Sooner coaches. ;) ;)

Shoot...I admit to being guilty of it myself some. :D

Jello Biafra
11/21/2007, 12:57 AM
Thanx Mamamia, people should be allowed to express valid issues without our fanhood being called into question and being attacked. I personally think namecalling in the rep comment area should also stop now.

i really have a problem with your signature...... the issue is, you feel like your opinion, even as a rookie poster, should be heard no matter what. when in fact, until you gather some azz with your posts, no one hears what you say anyway. i am the furthest from a sunshine pumper but having a little bit of experience in the football world, I know what its like to be in the kids shoes. you take it out on the kids, you will pay dearly with the redspek. you come after one of MY kids, ill destroy you or die trying. Most of us feel the same way about these kids that take the field for OU during the fall. they are kids. Some of them playing right now, were rubbing up on mary jane rotten crotch in the back seat of a car after the big homecoming game this time last year..........

shut up and color.

jps
11/21/2007, 01:23 AM

And so did the carpet cleaning business owner will.

Oh, wait a minute...

;)

wileyousooner
11/21/2007, 01:43 AM
this site should be a place where ideas flow freely. i have a lot of questions about the game on saturday. why not play nichol? why wait until halftime to make the adjustments? these are answers i am sure we will never get, because bob isn't going to answer them. and he is the coach. but as the coach, i hope he will be making some changes during the off season. we are nowhere near ready to compete for the national championship yet. had we gone to the national championship game, i think we would have been embarrassed once again.
i know this site frowns upon criticizing the players and rightly so. when a player has a bad game, the player knows it, the coaches know it, and most of oklahoma fans know it. no matter what happens, we need to support oklahoma football. one day, we will be back in the national championship game. it could still be this year, but i highly doubt it. i can't wait for the bowl season and next year. i will forever be an OU fan. i just love watching those guys play. it is too bad i can't get every game out here in california. proudly serving in the us navy. go sooners.

Jello Biafra
11/21/2007, 01:59 AM
this site should be a place where ideas flow freely. i have a lot of questions about the game on saturday. why not play nichol? why wait until halftime to make the adjustments? proudly serving in the us navy. go sooners.

i think the ideas DO flow freely. some people think too much of themselves and think thier opinion is the voice of reason when in fact, they know that if it was thier child we were all talking about, they would be trying to bury people in shallow graves. When they open their yaps, they usually get a boot stuck in it and then have the nerve to get mad about it.

word on nichol........ no confirmation.........no inside information...........no bad joojoo.......... the attitude is not there and he is juuuuuuust outside the doghouse door..........can't elaborate. take it for whats it worth. you would be amazed at who is reading this board.

I don't think we made too many adjustments if any......we shoulda ran the ball a bunch more and eased halzle into the passing game. what do i know? my son's football team lost it's first game in three years a couple of weeks ago and im feeling a bit incompetant...... amazing how you can go 47-2 in 4 years and you feel like an idiot losing that last game. can you imagine what the coaches feel like after losing on a national stage????? they don't need us to tell them they screwed the pooch....

keep your head up.....even if the country isn't behind you 100%, 230 + years of veterans are......