PDA

View Full Version : Nichol getting all the reps

msteudem
11/20/2007, 12:09 PM
I heard that Nichol got all of the 1st team reps in practice yesterday. Has anyone seen or heard anything to confirm this?

Breadburner
11/20/2007, 12:21 PM
I would imagine they would alternate....I don't think Nichol getting the reps yesterday means anymore than Halzle getting them today.....

NormanPride
11/20/2007, 12:27 PM
A report on Insiders stated that Halzle was getting most of them, but they were thinking about using Nichol in a few packages.

fadada1
11/20/2007, 12:45 PM
i heard they were bringing back fuentes for the game - really screw with the poke's heads.

Widescreen
11/20/2007, 01:02 PM
Surely there's a receiver we can move to play QB. We won a championship last season doing it.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/20/2007, 01:04 PM
Manny was a QB in high school!

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2007, 01:08 PM
Nichol is working second team right now. I think you may have misheard someone.

OKC-SLC
11/20/2007, 01:11 PM
Eric Moore was seen on campus.

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2007, 01:12 PM
Surely there's a receiver we can move to play QB. We won a championship last season doing it.

:mad:

jrboomersooner
11/20/2007, 01:17 PM
I heard Duke Robinson is running the 'bone. He's proven that he can make plays.

Rhino
11/20/2007, 01:36 PM
Bob said in his press conference today that Joey was getting the bulk of them and Keith was getting some also.

Sam is doing some light stuff until they know if he can go or not.

Pigface1
11/20/2007, 01:37 PM
Jon Cooper will be snapping to himself in the Single Cat Rooskie.

OUGuf
11/20/2007, 01:37 PM
After the way Halze started to come out at the end of the game, I'm hoping with lots of reps this week he can come in strong against Osu.
If we could put together a whole game like we played the last 8 minutes of the TT game I think we are in good shape.

Seamus
11/20/2007, 01:41 PM
Bring back Knob Remar! :eek:

soonerlaw
11/20/2007, 01:48 PM
Can't have a qb thread without Patrick Fletcher.

soonersn20xx
11/20/2007, 01:55 PM
I want Nichol in there, the coaches are wrong on this one.

Rhino
11/20/2007, 01:57 PM
I want Nichol in there, the coaches are wrong on this one. How good are you at NCAA Football '08?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 01:58 PM

Well obviously if the coaches opinions are different than yours, they are wrong:rolleyes:

85sooners
11/20/2007, 01:59 PM
i want ???????????????? hell i dont know.......

Civicus_Sooner
11/20/2007, 02:02 PM
I want a win. "In Bob we trust."

soonernation
11/20/2007, 02:02 PM

So you go to every practice and see how they perform. I'm sure glad your here to give us your expert analysis.

:rolleyes:

Civicus_Sooner
11/20/2007, 02:09 PM

soonerdave79
11/20/2007, 02:14 PM

Landthief 1972
11/20/2007, 02:14 PM
How good are you at NCAA Football '08?

POST OF THE DAY. LOL!

freshchris05
11/20/2007, 02:15 PM

:pop:

soonerdave79
11/20/2007, 02:16 PM
How good are you at NCAA Football '08?
Nichol would probably go for 1000 yards in his first game.

bmjlr
11/20/2007, 02:23 PM
Didn't D. Murray take some snaps against TAM??? Wait, he is out too! Blast!!!!

batonrougesooner
11/20/2007, 02:34 PM
Brandon Daniels will be running the wishbone.

Widescreen
11/20/2007, 02:35 PM
You sound just like my 11-year-old daughter. Congrats!

msteudem
11/20/2007, 02:44 PM
Bob said in his press conference today that Joey was getting the bulk of them and Keith was getting some also.

Sam is doing some light stuff until they know if he can go or not.

I got to listen to the press conference as well. Bob said that he would make an announcement in 2-3 days regarding if Bradford will be able to play. I pray that there are no lasting effects on Bradford that will keep him out.

Widescreen
11/20/2007, 02:50 PM
I think we can win without Murray or even English. I'm very concerned if we don't have Bradford back. It's not worth it if he's still ailing but I sure hope he's well by then.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2007, 02:51 PM
After the way Halze started to come out at the end of the game, I'm hoping with lots of reps this week he can come in strong against Osu.
If we could put together a whole game like we played the last 8 minutes of the TT game I think we are in good shape.I gotter believe the sandaggy was in full Preevent mode, then.

jccouger
11/20/2007, 02:51 PM
You sound just like my 11-year-old daughter. Congrats!

Shouldn't your daughter know more important stuff then who is OU's third string quarterback? You know, like Barbie and ponys and such...

;)

TMcGee86
11/20/2007, 02:52 PM
In Crawford I trust.

He will pull us through this, just you wait and see.

Curly Bill
11/20/2007, 02:58 PM
Any chance that Landry Jones could be ready for this one? I don't know if his HS season is over yet or not, but if it is I say get him in here. ;)

usmc-sooner
11/20/2007, 03:00 PM

I want Tom Brady

Civicus_Sooner
11/20/2007, 03:05 PM
I want Steve Young

usmc-sooner
11/20/2007, 03:08 PM
I want Steve Young

well if the coaches weren't wrong, you could have him. Stupid coaches.

rainiersooner
11/20/2007, 03:10 PM
Put Heuple in for Bradford and Stoops in for English. Unstoppable!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 03:28 PM
I heard Chip Ambres is finally making the appearance John Blake promised 10 years ago

soonersn20xx
11/20/2007, 03:36 PM
I am glad I was able to bring such entertainment to the koolaid drinking sunshine boys club..........aka "the green people".

Dan Thompson
11/20/2007, 03:37 PM
Wasn't Joe John Finely a QB in high school.

3 TEs on the left, JJF off the line. QB laterals to JJF who throws across field to MK down the right side line.

toast
11/20/2007, 03:44 PM
I say we use a five quarterback rotation since it worked so well against osu before.

TXBOOMER
11/20/2007, 04:10 PM
I heard we were gonna go back three years and recruit Chase Daniel instead of Rhett Bomar.

soonernation
11/20/2007, 04:12 PM
I am glad I was able to bring such entertainment to the koolaid drinking sunshine boys club..........aka "the green people".

The people who think they know more about football than the coaches do are usually the ones who never played a down outside of Pop Warner. Do geniuses like you really believe you know more about the game than one of the best college football coaches in the country? Do you think Stoops all the sudden became stupid?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/20/2007, 04:16 PM
I am glad I was able to bring such entertainment to the koolaid drinking sunshine boys club..........aka the people that I dance for at the Blue Oyster Bar.

Fixed

stoopified
11/20/2007, 04:17 PM
Surely there's a receiver we can move to play QB. We won a championship last season doing it.Exactly.Manny Johnson played QB in HS so he is the OBVIOUS choice. :) I thought I better put the smiley up so that EVERYONE would realize that this is humor,not reality.

Jalal23V
11/20/2007, 04:28 PM
we could dress heupel in the #14, i dont think the refs would notice the left handed throw? we could say bradford hurt his throwing arm

soonernation
11/20/2007, 04:33 PM
we could dress heupel in the #14, i dont think the refs would notice the left handed throw? we could say bradford hurt his throwing arm

What about the gut? Josh has gained a little weight since college.

astro5169
11/20/2007, 04:37 PM
King of the wishbone - Wait he's in jail....

OUTrumpet
11/20/2007, 05:10 PM
Manny was a QB in high school!

But he can't throw the deep ball, remember Miami?

Wonder how Iglesius would do...

OklaPony
11/20/2007, 05:13 PM
I heard Chip Ambres is finally making the appearance John Blake promised 10 years ago
Is he related to Tres Hombres?

cvsooner
11/20/2007, 05:34 PM
I am reminded of people last year wondering why Paul Thompson didn't take off and run at times. I have no doubt he was told not to do so, just because of the risk of what happened at Tech. Imagine last season if PT had gone down to injury at any point. Eeek!

If Halzle had really known he was going to be the guy to play Saturday, and had prepped all week, I think you'd have seen a different gameplan and a little different performance--more along the lines of what you saw in the fourth quarter rather than the second quarter.

Don't know if anybody here watched Hawaii and Nevada play, but my guess is they decided to hold out Brennan due to his concussion long before game day and the backup...whose name I forget...played great. Totally prepared, and it makes a huge difference.

Granted, Wilson made some bad calls for Halzle, and we didn't execute some plays worth a flip. Perfect example: Halzle stumbles to one knee on a handoff to Brown where Brown gets the first down. Nope, he was down...one of the calls the officials actually got right. Wilson did say later he went with Halzle because he felt as far down as we were, we were going to have to be able to throw the ball and Halzle is better at that than Nichol is, at this point.

And, sad as I am to say it, we just aren't a very good running team at this point. The run game only works when the passing game is working. One of the linemen this week said...and I don't remember who, now...something to the effect of "as big as we are, people think we can just line up and knock everybody down...and it just isn't that simple." Which is pretty much on the mark, having played offensive line myself. And it's especially difficult in Lubbock, if you catch my meaning.

My only real criticism of this coaching staff is they don't seem to adapt to changed circumstances quickly enough. It's almost like they don't expect the gameplan to be changed for any reason. Then the team winds up looking like they aren't prepared. The coaches' attitudes then just sort of filter on out to the players and everybody looks bad. Good coaching is putting together a good game plan, knowing when to stick to it, and when to change it.

We clearly made changes and played much better in the second half, but not fast enough. And hopefully the messages the coaches have been saying publicly are getting to the players, but 12 weeks in, I'm starting to wonder.

I played with a guy once, who had a lot of potential, and a lot of bad habits. Coaches would work him and work him and work him, and you'd think at the end of the week, he had it and he'd be fine.

Game time...he almost always reverted instantly to his habits. I think they gave up on him about five weeks into the season. I have to wonder if we don't have a little bit of that here. Lots of talent, lots of potential, but we keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Okay, enough whining.

I suspect OSewe will have their hands full with some stuff they haven't seen. The most positive thing I can come up with here is that circumstances like this force us to be creative. Pokes' defense is not good. They're a lot like Tech but they'll be in Norman, which helps a ton.

I suspect we'll see Nichol in on a few plays. I also expect to see Gute and Madu get some carries as well (Gute being a senior and all.) I hope Gute has a great game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Baker taking over the LB spot and Reynolds get moved up to play some DE, frankly. He plays the run well and he can probably rush better than he defends the pass.

I also think we'll have one defensive score and at least one special teams score.

Sooners will be patched up and ready to play. I think it'll be a nail-biter (again), but Sooners should prevail.

TUSooner
11/20/2007, 05:42 PM

C'mon, who are you REALLY? :pop: :D

soonerinabilene
11/20/2007, 05:51 PM
HHHHAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS MMMMMCCCCCCCEEECCCCCCHHHHHHHEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAA AAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85Sooner
11/20/2007, 05:53 PM
Saw PT sneaking around yesterday at practice

SoonerKnight
11/20/2007, 06:21 PM
Let's just WIN!!!

MojoRisen
11/20/2007, 07:42 PM
If the coaches want Hazle to start Im fine with that- but if he is slow through the first quarter- Yank him.

No need to get down 3 touchdowns only to storm back and loose- we need to jump some teams for a change... We should want to absolutely pound them like the famous let r rip game....

Stitch Face
11/20/2007, 07:46 PM
Bradford will play. This is all smokescreen for Gundy. Bob told Sam to rest up this week, play some ping pong, get ready for the game of his career.

Book it.

I'm only half BSing.

utex74
11/20/2007, 07:47 PM
If we could put together a whole game like we played the last 8 minutes of the TT game I think we are in good shape.

Of course, it will help if osu goes into a shell like Leach had sand aggy do trying to sit on his lead. Leach is not used to protecting a lead and obviously didn't have a clue how to do it.

illinisooner
11/20/2007, 08:43 PM
HHHHAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS MMMMMCCCCCCCEEECCCCCCHHHHHHHEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAA AAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhh, now OSU knows about our secret weapon!

douxpaysan
11/20/2007, 08:48 PM
Wonder if Brent Parker has any elligibility left?:D

sozo
11/20/2007, 09:09 PM
Wonder if Brent Parker has any elligibility left?:D
Hope it don't come down to that again!

Easting
11/20/2007, 09:49 PM
WTF are they thinking when we have Brent Rawls on the sidelines? JEEEEZ! ;)

Doged
11/20/2007, 09:59 PM
Of course, it will help if osu goes into a shell like Leach had sand aggy do trying to sit on his lead. Leach is not used to protecting a lead and obviously didn't have a clue how to do it.

Heh. I'd suggest you don't try a career in scouting opposing football teams/coaches. I suppose it's possible to have a more inaccurate two sentences about Leach, but I can't think what they'd be.

Howzit
11/20/2007, 10:05 PM
Jon Cooper will be snapping to himself in the Single Cat Rooskie.

When Jon Cooper hikes the ball, he doesn't hike the ball back, he moves the entire stadium forward.

goingoneight
11/20/2007, 10:44 PM

And obviously you didn't see him stink it up against the mighty Utah State defense earlier in the year. Nichol may have a strong arm, he may run fast, but he clearly needs more time with the scout team to develop.

utex74
11/21/2007, 12:45 AM
Heh. I'd suggest you don't try a career in scouting opposing football teams/coaches. I suppose it's possible to have a more inaccurate two sentences about Leach, but I can't think what they'd be.

Three runs and a punt. That really sounds like a Tech offense who usually throws when they are up by 30 (not worried about protecting its lead) in the last minute. They have always said that is their offense. Well, evidently it is not their offense when they are worried about OU coming back. Leach went major conservative and was lucky that you got screwed on the "non" touchdown call. Yes, it was a touchdown and you should have gone into overtime. I guess all his bitchin' payed off.

MarylandSooner
11/21/2007, 08:28 AM
I just observed the updated depth chart which was updated on Monday, 11/19/07 and it has Sam Bradford as the starter. I do not know how much stock to put into this, but it does have English back as the starting Defensive End, Demarco is off the chart and so is Adron Tennnell which were both hurt this last weekend. So I guess my question is, is Sam's going to be back or they just listing him as no. 1 until later in the week?

Okieflyer
11/21/2007, 10:55 AM
Eric Moore was seen on campus.

Brandon Daniels will be running the wishbone.

Ah, the old "lost years" posts. :O

Please...stop.:(

Scott D
11/21/2007, 12:47 PM
Don't know if anybody here watched Hawaii and Nevada play, but my guess is they decided to hold out Brennan due to his concussion long before game day and the backup...whose name I forget...played great. Totally prepared, and it makes a huge difference.

Brennan started the game, Jones pulled him after the first series. Tyler Graunke took a majority of the reps during the week leading up to the game, which is why their offense didn't appear to miss a beat. However, they were still held to half their usual output in points.

cvsooner
11/21/2007, 12:53 PM
I'll attribute that to the road and the cold. And, like everybody that plays us, Nevada was sky high.

picasso
11/21/2007, 03:50 PM
Chris Melson!

Indy Sooner
11/22/2007, 12:08 AM
What about the gut? Josh has gained a little weight since college.

He would now be a better fit as a RB for the Titans.