PDA

View Full Version : Madu says the helmet impact sensor gave him a concussion.

aurorasooner
11/20/2007, 05:52 AM
Running back Mossis Madu said he sustained a concussion last season, and "some stuff was real blurry." He said the impact sensor designed to detect possible concussions was what actually contributed to his.

"The sensor gave me the concussion," he said. "I got hit on the top of the head, and it cracked down. There was a knot in the top of my head from the sensor."

Kelly said he has chosen not to wear his sensor.

"I used to have one, but I didn't like the way it felt so I took it out," Kelly said. "It makes the helmet heavier, too. . . . They kept putting it in there, and I kept taking it out, sneaking it back in my locker before practice.":D
Tulsa World Availability of QB is unclear (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=071120_2_B1_hrbri87135)
Also Ap Says we're going to run the ball down the Aggies throat with the power running game. Hmmmm----What power running game? I wonder if KW's play calling and our OL can get 'er done??? or if we're baiting them? From what I've seen this year from our running game, and how many times it's been stuffed at the LOS, I bet we're baiting them, unless it takes a whole week of practice to switch over to a power running game and we can't make the adjustment on-the-fly, or during halftime after your starting QB goes out.
"We're going out there to prove a point that we can run the football. That's our game plan this week coming up,” running back Allen Patrick said. "We're going to go out there and establish the run game.”
"I think we're going to have to be able to run the ball regardless of who we have in there at quarterback,” tight end Joe Jon Finley said. "We're definitely going to have to run the ball to win.” DO With Murray out, Bradford uncertain, OU figures to run (http://newsok.com/article/3171257/1195543329)
Also interesting out of the NY times.
November 19, 2007, 3:22 pm
Sooners’ Road Woes

By Thayer Evans

Tags: Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, texas tech

Oklahoma’s loss Saturday night to Texas Tech, which was unranked, further illustrates the Sooners’ recent road woes under the ninth-year coach Bob Stoops.

Since 2005, the Sooners have lost five true road games, excluding neutral site games. In the five seasons before then, the Sooners had only three road losses.

In his weekly news conference before the game against Texas Tech, Stoops answered tersely when asked about the subject.

“We’re probably better on the road than anyone in the league in the last eight or nine years; I would guess for sure, but maybe not,” Stoops said. “You might ask why we are so good on the road if we have the best record of everyone else.”

But that is not necessarily true. Since Stoops arrived at Oklahoma in 1999, he has lost 11 true road games. Texas has lost only four.

Finally, I will add that everyone reading this knows that two of the five true road losses cited in this post were, in fact, not really losses. Oregon last year and Texas Tech in ‘05 were both botched calls at the end of the game. Look it up.

So that’s three true road losses since ‘05 — one per year. Better than most, I would say.

— Posted by Greg :pop: :pop: :D ---- Good comeback Greg.

OklahomaTuba
11/20/2007, 09:09 AM
Our suckage on the road, and in Lubbock & stoolwater in particular, is something I will never understand. My only guess is that our lack of experience at QB is doing it too us.

LittleWingSooner
11/20/2007, 09:59 AM
Our suckage on the road, and in Lubbock & stoolwater in particular, is something I will never understand. My only guess is that our lack of experience at QB is doing it too us.

You mean like the time we won 56-24 in Lubbock?

kevpks
11/20/2007, 10:18 AM
We should get some pointers from Gundy on how to win on the road. The Pokes really shine away from the Boone of late.;)

85Sooner
11/20/2007, 11:13 AM
Then get rid of the f'in sensors.

badger
11/20/2007, 11:16 AM
It could be worse... we could be like those non-conference pillow fighters that get paid six figures to come in and lose.

Well... that's not a fair comparision.

It could be worse... we could be a conference doormat like Baylor that is already written off as a win before the season starts.

Well... that's not really fair either, because we've won national championships!

It could be worse... we could be losing a lot like Notre Dame and be the laughing stock of the entire country.

I'll go with that...

FaninAma
11/20/2007, 11:20 AM
Oklahoma’s loss Saturday night to Texas Tech, which was unranked, further illustrates the Sooners’ recent road woes under the ninth-year coach Bob Stoops.

This is accurate.OU has been a mediocre team on the road for a while, now. Until that changes the Sooners won't be playing for any national titles any time soon. You can dispute the Oregon and '05 TT games but there are also several road games that went down to the wire in which OU was lucky to pull out the win(TAMU and osu last year come to mind.)

SoonerObsession
11/20/2007, 01:17 PM
I count all Red River Rivalry games as road games. The difficulty of playing on the road is loud atmosphere right? Every time we play Texas at the Cotton Bowl it is loud.

rainiersooner
11/20/2007, 03:17 PM

I don't think it's the QB. I think it's the town. The players are just so focused on getting out of that hell-hole, they don't execute. It's like if I go on a business trip to New York, I feel on top of my game. If I go on a business trip to, oh, say Buffalo, I wonder why my boss thinks I'm such a loser.

Octavian
11/20/2007, 03:54 PM

That's true...but each of the last 3 seasons we've had a first-year starting quarterback.

Bomar
PT
Sam

...on top of that, we had '05 Lubbock and '06 Eugene to deal with.

We haven't had any sort of continuity at QB since 2004 -- and that was largely beyond our control considering what happened with Bomar. If we would've got someone like Bradford in 2005 --instead of what we got --things would probably have been different in '06 and '07.

Once Bradford provides some consistency back at the QB position <knock on wood>, our road games should be more manageable in '08 and '09.

TXBOOMER
11/20/2007, 03:58 PM
I hope AP holds on to the ball during all of this power running game we are gonna break out.

SoonerKnight
11/20/2007, 07:45 PM
This is accurate.OU has been a mediocre team on the road for a while, now. Until that changes the Sooners won't be playing for any national titles any time soon. You can dispute the Oregon and '05 TT games but there are also several road games that went down to the wire in which OU was lucky to pull out the win(TAMU and osu last year come to mind.)

The fact that we had a True Freshman in 05 and a wide reciever/QB last year and still pulled out decent seasons does not mean that OU was Mediocre last year. The loss Saturday was squarely because of the loss of our QB. The backup came in and had to warm up but in the mean time the Defense was on the field for way too long. The defense if they had had time to rest would have played stronger against tech. We knew going into the season we had depth issues on defense and with injuries this has gotten worse. Stoops still has the better record in 9 years than any other coach in the Big XII and probably better record than almost ALL the coaches in the rest of the conferences.

Stitch Face
11/20/2007, 07:52 PM
I count all Red River Rivalry games as road games. The difficulty of playing on the road is loud atmosphere right? Every time we play Texas at the Cotton Bowl it is loud.

The noise is part of it, but the subtle psychological impact of unfamiliar surroundings where 60,000-100,000 people are rooting specifically for you to screw up/get hurt doesn't help.

aurorasooner
11/20/2007, 08:03 PM
It looks like Saturday is going to be a good day for us to run the ball. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1405/screenshot014qb9.jpg

Stitch Face
11/20/2007, 08:12 PM
Sweet. Dew point of 31 with northeastern winds are my favorite kinda games.

aurorasooner
11/20/2007, 08:34 PM
Sweet. Dew point of 31 with northeastern winds are my favorite kinda games. Been to several Sooner aggie games in November when the thermometer said it was close to 40 but it felt more like 20. That kind of weather will freeze your azz off in Owen Field especially if we don't bring out any offense. Brrrrrr. I hope this isn't another Ice Bowl repeat. Temperature dropped a ton late this afternoon when the front moved thru, and it looks like it's already on the Kansas/Oklahoma border. Bradford has already shown he can throw in bad weather. I wonder if Halzle is a mudder? Cali boys usually don't fare too well when it gets midwest winter nasty. BTW, I just looked at the Fox College Sports listings. It says Inside Sooner Football is on at 7 PM (MST--8PM central). I hope this is the show from Last Sundday after the Tech game. I haven't seen it on FCS before Thurs. any previous weeks.

jps
11/20/2007, 08:45 PM
So I guess we have lost 11 true road games to Texas' four. So I guess that means they get beat a lot more at home than we do. I think I would rather lose on road and make sure I won my home games than vice versa but that is just me.