PDA

View Full Version : The problem with our Nation is too many football analysts on TV.

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 09:59 PM
I want to bitch about something different.
It's almost painful to watch football on TV any more, especially on Sunday & Monday.
The pre and postgame shows way too long. They are glutted with ex-jocks who think they have 2 cents to contribute, but dont have anything important to say. The four (or ten) guys at table on the main stage keep interrupting each other with lame inside jokes. The star wars graphics and robots and exploding helmtes etc. are obnoxious at every break. For a minute's worth of information that might help you enjoy the games, there's 15 minutes of noisy banter and gossip.

Most of the sideline reporters are best enjoyed with the sound off. I don't care if you had lunch with the owner on Tuesday and he told you the same crap I read about in Wednsday's paper.

And MNF does NOT need Tony Kornheiser (or any 3rd announcer).

Shut up and show me the dang game. :hot:

The End.

lexsooner
11/19/2007, 10:23 PM
And then we log onto the internet and read and post messages on Soonerfans.com along with a thousand other SF armchair analysts. . . . However, I totaly agree with you. Nothing intelligent or useful is ever said by any analyst or coach or player before a game. Some post-game analyses are insightful, but no coach or player is going to say anything of use before the game, and the pundits haven't a clue what is going to happen. "We gonna go out and play our hardest foobow we can and we know they put their pants on one leg at a time like we do" is the sort of meaningful statement you get before a game.

I want to bitch about something different.
It's almost painful to watch football on TV any more, especially on Sunday & Monday.
The pre and postgame shows way too long. They are glutted with ex-jocks who think they have 2 cents to contribute, but dont have anything important to say. The four (or ten) guys at table on the main stage keep interrupting each other with lame inside jokes. The star wars graphics and robots and exploding helmtes etc. are obnoxious at every break. For a minute's worth of information that might help you enjoy the games, there's 15 minutes of noisy banter and gossip.

Most of the sideline reporters are best enjoyed with the sound off. I don't care if you had lunch with the owner on Tuesday and he told you the same crap I read about in Wednsday's paper.

And MNF does NOT need Tony Kornheiser (or any 3rd announcer).

Shut up and show me the dang game. :hot:

The End.

olevetonahill
11/19/2007, 10:23 PM
thot this was gonna be about the Football forum on SF.com

rubyspirit
11/19/2007, 10:26 PM
I do mute the TV more lately.

I also can't stand the non-athletes at home who don't know what it takes to play any sport.

Clever Trevor
11/19/2007, 10:57 PM
This thread makes me cry indian tears like in that littering commercial.

tulsaoilerfan
11/19/2007, 11:41 PM
I agree with you; do you really need 5 guys to discuss what's going on in the NFL or college football world? Reminds me of the first Naked Gun movie