PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the Monster

ouwasp
11/19/2007, 02:18 PM
Look, I'm glad to have Bob Stoops as our coach. But who would have thought after the 2000 MNC that all these years later OU would not have gained another?

Guess it goes to show just how hard it is. And I suppose it's a good thing we aren't satisfied merely playing for a Big 12 crown...

The Monster that Bud created has to be fed after all. Starting with the pukes next week...

OKLA21FAN
11/19/2007, 02:20 PM
Someone needs to talk to Steve about this.

I nominate SAS for the job

batonrougesooner
11/19/2007, 02:22 PM
How many repeat NC's have there been in the past 8 years? How many have won two or more in the last 20 years?

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 02:27 PM
But just think about the next few years, we have a heisman caliber QB in Bradford, a Heisman Caliber Running back in Murray, a GREAT wide reciever in Manuel Johnson, and were bringing in more great Wide recievers. Next year is our best chance to win a National Championship because most of our defensive starters are juniors, and most of our O-Line are going to be seniors, I cant wait till next year because I know were going to be capable of winning a National Championship. And then Demarco and Bradford may lead us to a couple more in the years after that. I have full Confidence in this team and our Coaching staff to get what needs to be done, done. Next year is going to be awesome.

RacerX
11/19/2007, 02:41 PM
They should've canned switzer in 83. After 3 straight four loss season's and no conference titles. He hadn't won a title since 75 and that was with Chuck's players.

fadada1
11/19/2007, 02:42 PM
we played for a total of 3 in 5 years. have been a "ladies privates hair" away from playing for 2 others. numbers-wise, we're the best program since 2000.

that's not too bad now, is it???

Scott D
11/19/2007, 03:34 PM
Look, I'm glad to have Bob Stoops as our coach. But who would have thought after the 2000 MNC that all these years later OU would not have gained another?

Guess it goes to show just how hard it is. And I suppose it's a good thing we aren't satisfied merely playing for a Big 12 crown...

The Monster that Bud created has to be fed after all. Starting with the pukes next week...

What if someone told you in 1989 that Oklahoma would go 61-50-3 over the next 10 years the first 5 of which would be the only winning records over the course of the season, and not even sniff a conference championship in that span. Would you have been willing to believe that to be even remotely possible?

Breadburner
11/19/2007, 04:00 PM
It's easy to tell who has been a fan and who just started to be one...Now some can't help it because of there age and some must be on the bandwagon.......Myself, I did not witness anything before Switzer.....But I along with alot of others suffered through Gibbs....Smellsofbourbon and Blake......The last two made Gibbs look pretty good......You have to get there first before you can win or lose......I have to say I'm pretty happy with Stoops.....The coaches can't play for the players...

85sooners
11/19/2007, 04:04 PM
boooooooooooomer!!!!!!!

MojoRisen
11/19/2007, 04:09 PM
We need to come out and beat St 49-7 win the big 12 and win the Fiesta Bowl against Georgia or USC

Let's get too and win a BCS game - then talk NC possibilities next year!

ouwasp
11/19/2007, 04:13 PM
What if someone told you in 1989 that Oklahoma would go 61-50-3 over the next 10 years the first 5 of which would be the only winning records over the course of the season, and not even sniff a conference championship in that span. Would you have been willing to believe that to be even remotely possible?

Hey, I never had any confidence in Gibbs. Especially when he took thinly-veiled shots at Switzer upon taking the job. But no, I never dreamed OU football would get as lousy as it did. If someone had told me that in '89...well I probably would have expected some coaches to get fired! Sure 'nuff...

Let's hope the Sooners lay the wood on Saturday. That'll provide some soothing.

OklahomaTuba
11/19/2007, 04:53 PM
I just want to win the damn ****** bell at this point.

wishbonesooner
11/19/2007, 05:09 PM
I think that may be why this loss stings. You get so few chances at a MNC, and with no dominant team, sneaking in #8 would have been a possibility.

sooner59
11/19/2007, 05:49 PM
Hopefully next year we won't have to "sneak" in. I want to take it by storm. We have a pretty tough non-conference schedule with Cincy, @Washington, TCU, and another TBA. If the Big 12 is decent next year, we could even get in with a loss and not have to pray for parity like this year. If we can steer clear of bad injuries next year (e.g. OU 2000), then we have as good of a shot as we did in 2000......and '03 & '04 before the meltdowns. We will be a good team. But until then, I am going to root hard for the 2007 version to win out, beat the cowgirls, win another Big 12 title, and do what we haven't done since 2002 and win a BCS bowl game.

MextheBulldog
11/19/2007, 05:53 PM
Puhleeze. I'll take 4 conference titles in 8 years with 4 different QB's, an average of 9 wins a season, 3 national title shots with 1 champion and a Heisman winner and runner-up ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

95-20. That's some serious monster feeding.

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 06:04 PM
Monsters are needy little twits.

Octavian
11/19/2007, 06:08 PM
95-21.

53-2 in Norman.

Bob is feeding the Monster.

bmrsnou
11/19/2007, 07:26 PM
We need to come out and beat St 49-7 win the big 12 and win the Fiesta Bowl against Georgia or USC

Let's get too and win a BCS game - then talk NC possibilities next year!

How about win ANY bowl game. It seems like forever since the Holiday bowl (even though that was vacated.)

I think we need some momentum going into next season. Especially with the offensive firepower coming back. Just think, next year is even numbered, so at least we're guaranteed a Big 12 title, maybe more.