PDA

View Full Version : Let's look at the bright side...

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 01:50 PM
1. Now we don't have to travel to the ****-hole known as New Orleans to watch our bowl game.

2. Now we can discuss the very real weaknesses of this team without a bunch of noobs saying "Hey, we won didn't we?"

3. I predicted 35-28 TTU, so now I look like I know something about football. (Don't be fooled, I don't)

4. Now the OSU game means something.

5. Given the complete inability of this team to play even mediocre football on the road, we've escaped the real likelihood of getting embarrassed in the NC game.

Others?

hOlden caUlfield...
11/19/2007, 01:57 PM
#5 is what I have been thinking the whole time.

85sooners
11/19/2007, 01:58 PM
;)

OklahomaRed
11/19/2007, 01:59 PM
I agree. Even before the game I said if we can't beat TT in Lubbock, then we definitely do not deserve to be playing for the national title. It's better to not go to another national title game and get hammered. I was hoping that our offense could turn the corner on out of town games, and that our deffense could come up with some more pressure on passing teams. Like most games we lose, it could have gone different if Bradford wouldn't have gotten hurt, and if Patrick could hang on to the dang ball; however, nothing I saw Saturday made me think we were a National title contender.

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 02:04 PM
6. Halzle looked pretty good once he got settled into the game. Hopefully KW figured out that he can't throw the fade, though.

Sooner98
11/19/2007, 02:11 PM
;)

?

JaminT
11/19/2007, 02:15 PM
7. For the ****** game, we'll finally start the best running back available.

(Murray is hurt, so Gundy won't have a chance to not start him)

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 02:18 PM
2. Now we can discuss the very real weaknesses of this team without a bunch of noobs saying "Hey, we won didn't we?"

Dammit. I thought we'd finally be able to admit that there are weaknesses on the this team, but evidently the noobs have gone into full-on "it's the refs fault" mode. Sheesh.

The_Red_Patriot
11/19/2007, 02:24 PM
1. Now we don't have to travel to the ****-hole known as New Orleans to watch our bowl game.

5. Given the complete inability of this team to play even mediocre football on the road, we've escaped the real likelihood of getting embarrassed in the NC game.

Others?

Wow, those takes scream swollen vagina.

Sad part is you aren't the only OU fan to have said this whole " I dont want to play in the NC because we might get embarrassed, lose etc"

We should have John Blake come back and coach then we wouldnt have to worry about getting embarrassed in a title game because we would never make it.

I really, really hope player/coaches don't pay one ounce of attention to sites like this or the radio. Comments like this are just mind blowing.

The 2 teams that make it to the NC acheived what the other 100 Ncaa Div 1 teams didnt.

Give me a break.

Like Herm Edwards says "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"

MojoRisen
11/19/2007, 02:28 PM
Pass Rush
Secondary Coaching - not talent
predictability on offense
punt returns
Turn overs

Other than that we are solid- takes too long to get the defensive adjustments working - I seem to remember it too be that way for a couple of years now and especially last year up until the Mizzou game 2nd half.

Need good game planning throught the entire game - not one half of adjustments- we know these teams pretty well- something should change as we used to hold tech to 10 points when they averaged 50

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 02:38 PM

Sad part is you aren't the only OU fan to have said this whole " I dont want to play in the NC because we might get embarrassed, lose etc"

We should have John Blake come back and coach then we wouldnt have to worry about getting embarrassed in a title game because we would never make it.

I really, really hope player/coaches don't pay one ounce of attention to sites like this or the radio. Comments like this are just mind blowing.

The 2 teams that make it to the NC acheived what the other 100 Ncaa Div 1 teams didnt.

Give me a break.

Like Herm Edwards says "YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN"

I'd like to buy a clue for $200, Alex.

If you still think this team is NC calibre after losses to CU, TTU, and their shoddy play against ISU and Baylor, then you're the one with the tinfoil hat.

Bring back John Blake? Way to go off the deep end and put words in my mouth. This is a good team this year, but we have (had) a frosh QB and a very suspect defense. They are not great, and have no business playing for a NC. Next year or the year after? Maybe. This year? Nope.

We've seen the mistakes from this team all year long. Turnovers, dropped passes, busted coverages. You noobs just refuse to admit that we're not a NC team. A bunch of sportswriters annointed us a Top 5 ranking and all of a sudden you guys start believing that BS.

Here's my advice to you: Watch some games. When you start actually watching games instead of just looking at the polls the next day you might get a feel for how good our team really is. This is a very good team, but hardly top 5.

The_Red_Patriot
11/19/2007, 02:48 PM
Ha!

I watch alot of football and NOBODY THIS YEAR IS A DOMINANT TEAM!!!

In your opinion then who is in the top 5 since Oklahoma is so unworthy?

Im such a noob:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 03:39 PM
1. Now we don't have to travel to the ****-hole known as New Orleans to watch our bowl game....

You are not entitled to refer to the city in which I live in that manner until you have lived here long enough to know something about the place besides the French Quarter, LSU fans, and looters. (Bourbon St Sooner and I CAN do that if we want to - but YOU CAN'T!!1 :P )
I hereby give you a virtual smack on the nose with a rolled up Times-Picayune, and I invite you to come see me down here so you can see what's good.

Let that be a warning to the rest of you! :mad:

:D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/19/2007, 03:44 PM
8. The team is still relatively young and we should be a preseason top 2-3 team next year.

Doesn't mean we don't have some problems to fix but it isn't like we will have to rebuild next year.

I do agree with The Red Patriot in as much as there isn't a dominant team this year. Certainly beating LSU in New Orleans would have been a tall order but this isn't like 01 where Miami clearly would have smoked us or like last year when I don't think we were at the level of Florida or Ohio St. We could have made it there this year and the NC wouldn't have been a mismatch.

So lets regroup, win a Big 12 title, a Fiesta bowl and make a run in 08.

TMcGee86
11/19/2007, 03:51 PM
8. Seeing as how the pass defense hasn't exactly lit it up this year, hopefully this means that Reggie's draft stock is too low to come out this year and we retain his services for another year, giving us even more of a legit shot at the MNC next season.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/19/2007, 04:02 PM
8. Seeing as how the pass defense hasn't exactly lit it up this year, hopefully this means that Reggie's draft stock is too low to come out this year and we retain his services for another year, giving us even more of a legit shot at the MNC next season.

I think that is very likely the case. I'm actually more concerned with Duke Robinson or maybe Loadholt leaving early. Otherwise I don't think anyone leaves early and there aren't that many seniors. We could probably use one of our recruits at DE right now.

TMcGee86
11/19/2007, 04:09 PM
I think that is very likely the case. I'm actually more concerned with Duke Robinson or maybe Loadholt leaving early. Otherwise I don't think anyone leaves early and there aren't that many seniors. We could probably use one of our recruits at DE right now.

I'm hope your right. I worry about Duke and Load was well. I just hope these guys see what kind of team this can be next year and want a MNC bad enough to turn down the NFL millions for another year.

I know that's a hard sell, but one can always hope.

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 05:15 PM
I'm actually more concerned with Duke Robinson or maybe Loadholt leaving early.

I'm sure we can find someone else to move before the snap a couple of times per game.

I kid! I kid!

I do agree that next year should be special.

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 05:17 PM
You are not entitled to refer to the city in which I live in that manner until you have lived here long enough to know something about the place besides the French Quarter, LSU fans, and looters.

You tryin to tell me there's more there than that crap? I'm not buyin' it.

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 05:28 PM
You tryin to tell me there's more there than that crap? I'm not buyin' it.
Well, there's DIFFERENT crap, anyway. :D

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah.
9. We don't have to try to figure out what teams to be for or against; we can go back to pulling for the teams we like and against the team we hate.

The Maestro
11/19/2007, 05:37 PM
This team reminds me of an early Kelvin Sampson team at OU. Unbeatable at home (pending the outcome of ****** that scares me minus DeMarco, possibly Sam) and very beatable away from it unless you count Tulsa and Texas as road games.

We will call it "when our fans our outnumbered".

madillsoonerfan5353
11/19/2007, 05:48 PM

Give me a break.

Like Herm Edwards says "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"
Thank you!

OUmillenium
11/19/2007, 05:53 PM
LSU would crush us this year and then I would have to storm the field and steal Lester's hat. Thank goodness we lost