PDA

View Full Version : My weekend in Branson.

frankensooner
11/19/2007, 12:20 PM
Well, we got back yesterday from beautiful, Branson, MO. The blue-hairs were all out in force. Lots of Sooner fans there as well.

Anyway, here are my thoughts and observations since I know you all are dying to hear them:

Mizzou fans are pretty cool. I ran into more than a few and they were all friendly and enjoyed talking about football. I hope they win the North now;

Go to Silver Dollar City at night when the old folks go in town to see the shows and/or go to bed. You can just walk on most of the rides the last couple hours the park is open. The take off on Powder Keg is not gentle;

Don't go to the Andy Williams show unless you are at least 70. Those old codgers get pretty grouchy at the 8:00 p.m. shows. Also, your kids keep asking you who Andy Williams is and you can only answer some old guy;

The Acrobats of China show will RYFO. Good show. Those kids are amazing. Most of them are like 12 or 13;

If you stay on the Strip, ask for a room not facing 76;

Last year we saw the Osmonds show and went to the Dolly Parton thing. I recommend these over Andy Williams/AoC but the AoC show was very good;

If you have kids, the Lunch with Santa at Silver Dollar City is pretty fun. The Fried Chicken was GOOOD;

Get a map and take the Alternative Routes everywhere you need to go;

Keep your wife away from the Coach Outlet store;

Finally, don't plan on dieting during your visit.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2007, 12:32 PM
I used to go to Branson to fish Lake Taneycome for boatloads of trout, when I lived in Tulsa in the '80's. The Branson as an old folks entertainment center thing had just begun at that time.Pretty wild that it boomed so much, just outa the blue, it seemed to me.

frankensooner
11/19/2007, 12:36 PM
If you were a single 70-something male, you could clean up in that place, if you catch my drift! ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2007, 12:38 PM
If you were a single 70-something male, you could clean up in that place, if you catch my drift! ;) Yeah, a good place to glom on to some serious funds!

Hot Rod
11/19/2007, 01:51 PM
Franken,

I'm heading up there with my fam coming up in December. We're planning on going to the Dixie Stampede (which we've done before) and heading over to Silver Dollar City as well (again...we've done before). Last time we were out there they had a new coaster called Wildfire or something like that.

We didn't know yet about the eating with Santa thing, so overall how was that?

Yeah, you can't diet out there, especially on our traditional route home which is where we stop at Lambert's.

Glad to hear that you all had a good time.

Hamhock
11/19/2007, 01:54 PM
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!!

frankensooner
11/19/2007, 02:09 PM
Franken,

I'm heading up there with my fam coming up in December. We're planning on going to the Dixie Stampede (which we've done before) and heading over to Silver Dollar City as well (again...we've done before). Last time we were out there they had a new coaster called Wildfire or something like that.

We didn't know yet about the eating with Santa thing, so overall how was that?

Yeah, you can't diet out there, especially on our traditional route home which is where we stop at Lambert's.

Glad to hear that you all had a good time.

Dixie Stampede is so good I ate myself sick last year! ;)

At SDC Wild Fire is still pretty good. You better try the Powder Keg, I think it is the newest roller coaster. It will rock your face off. They also have a new ride called the Giant Swing. It is a giant swing. ;)

Eating with Santa is pretty good. My wife paid for it in advance so I don't know how much it cost. There is Santa and an elf and a surprise guest that I don't want to ruin for you if you do go. It was a buffet with fried chicken and mini hotdogs and a lot of fixings. The food was good. The kids get one on one time with Santa and a gift bag.

If you like a great campy Christmas show, I suggest the Osmond's Christmas show. Very entertaining.

Hot Rod
11/19/2007, 02:14 PM
Dixie Stampede is so good I ate myself sick last year! ;)

At SDC Wild Fire is still pretty good. You better try the Powder Keg, I think it is the newest roller coaster. It will rock your face off. They also have a new ride called the Giant Swing. It is a giant swing. ;)

Eating with Santa is pretty good. My wife paid for it in advance so I don't know how much it cost. There is Santa and an elf and a surprise guest that I don't want to ruin for you if you do go. It was a buffet with fried chicken and mini hotdogs and a lot of fixings. The food was good. The kids get one on one time with Santa and a gift bag.

If you like a great campy Christmas show, I suggest the Osmond's Christmas show. Very entertaining.

Awesome, thanks man! We'll see what we can fit in for those days. Thanks gain.