PDA

View Full Version : Murray will not play saturday

The_Red_Patriot
11/19/2007, 12:09 PM
Stoops just announced it this morning.... atleast thats what KREF is saying.

Does this mean we will see Mosis Madu in the mix??

I hope

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:11 PM
Well then, that sux. I'm not like some, blaming AP for Sam's injury, but if I had a vote I'm with Brown starting at TB.

Boomer.....
11/19/2007, 12:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/11/19/bc.fbc.t25.oklahoma.injuries.ap/index.html

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 12:13 PM
But there's good news:
It was just discovered that Dean Blebbins has a remaining year of eligibility and will be the starting QB so Sam can rest !! Dean has guaranteed to add imagination to the offense and to provide leadership and emotion.

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 12:22 PM
Hopefully he will be good to go for the big 12 championship game.

I like Allen Patrick alot, but I do think Chris Brown should get most the carries.

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 12:25 PM
But there's good news:
It was just discovered that Dean Blebbins has a remaining year of eligibility and will be the starting QB so Sam can rest !! Dean has guaranteed to add imagination to the offense and to provide leadership and emotion.

Nyuck nycuk.

We will be fine. We can project a giant picture of Jenni Carlson on the jumbotron to distract Gumby and his players. Right before we show it we will play the sound of a bleating sheep so the OU players and coaches know not to look. DAMN IT!!! I JUST GAVE AWAY THE STRATEGY!!!

cb4ou
11/19/2007, 12:26 PM
Patrick fumbles way to much.

He gave life to Iowa State and cost us our quarterback on Saturday.

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 12:29 PM
It's not just the Fumbles, we expected way to much out of him after last year.

min00
11/19/2007, 12:32 PM
DM could be back by Bowl Game

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 12:34 PM

We can only hope.

stoopified
11/19/2007, 12:52 PM
But there's good news:
Will he be allowed to take his HOVER ROUND on the field?Dean was only good for 4plays a game in his prime. :)

Its ok AM,great plan.osu fans and coaches can;t read so you didn't give ANYTHING away.

Jimminy Crimson
11/19/2007, 01:03 PM
I had no idea KREF was still in existence!

Crazy!

MojoRisen
11/19/2007, 01:24 PM
No chance for Demarco to be back for a possible big 12 championship?

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 01:25 PM
No chance for Demarco to be back for a possible big 12 championship?

No one knows yet.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/19/2007, 01:30 PM

Given your track record of predictions I would say this means that Murray will grow wings and be able to fly by Saturday.

Youngsooner
11/19/2007, 01:34 PM
Stupid onside kick.a/s.dfgjadfjgn

GrapevineSooner
11/19/2007, 01:43 PM

Crazy!

What's next?

Are you gonna tell me Sportsfan 990 AM is still on the air in Dallas?

OklahomaRed
11/19/2007, 01:52 PM
Allen Patrick has not showed me anything this year. Fumbles too much and can't be counted on in crunch time. I agree, perhaps too much pressure on him to be AP instead of a good running back.

85sooners
11/19/2007, 01:56 PM
:(

MojoRisen
11/19/2007, 02:02 PM
Patrick can get the edges and he runs hard- but I think Brown has more vision to hit bigger plays.

Demarco can do either or

The_Red_Patriot
11/19/2007, 02:27 PM

Crazy!

Ha!! Its pretty terrible. They break for commercials every 5-10 minutes.

usmc-sooner
11/19/2007, 02:44 PM
Allen Patrick has 637 and is averaging 5.4 ypc
and Chris Brown has 414 yards and is averaging 4.1 ypc

We need to stick to a 2 man platoon.

rhombic21
11/19/2007, 02:48 PM
Patrick's numbers are inflated by huge games against Utah State and Tulsa, when Brown didn't get a lot of action. Brown also handles a lot of the short yardage runs, so his YPC will naturally be lowered by that.

I would like to see Brown get most of the carries with Patrick playing in relief. Also wouldn't mind seeing what Madu can do with the first team OL.

mfosterftw
11/19/2007, 03:45 PM
What's next?

Are you gonna tell me Sportsfan 990 AM is still on the air in Dallas?

Yeah, and the Zany Sports Lady's Texas Hockey Hour is back on Monday evenings *hurl*...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/19/2007, 03:56 PM
Allen Patrick has 637 and is averaging 5.4 ypc
and Chris Brown has 414 yards and is averaging 4.1 ypc

We need to stick to a 2 man platoon.

They both better get the ball and plenty. Madu could use 3-4 carries as well.

OK2U
11/19/2007, 04:55 PM
Well, according to AD's offensive line-up introductions, Patrick is "carrying on the tradition" or something. I thought he was talking about great running, but I guess he was referring to having a starting tailback with the initials A.P.

canes4ever
11/19/2007, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=The_Red_Patriot]Stoops just announced it this morning.... atleast thats what KREF is saying.

Will your Sooner D be able to keep the Pokes QB correlled? I was surprised your D did'nt get more pressure on the QB Saturday.

The Maestro
11/19/2007, 06:33 PM
Before the season Allen Patrick was the number one senior running back in America on Mel Kiper Jr.'s draft board. Sure, he gained some good yards against North Texas, Utah State, etc. But what is his signature run this season? The big play he made? The one like at Texas A&M last year?

Sadly, his most memorable carry came on his first one Saturday night at Lubbock. I feel bad for the guy.

NYC Poke
11/19/2007, 06:38 PM
Will your Sooner D be able to keep the Pokes QB correlled? I was surprised your D did'nt get more pressure on the QB Saturday.

The question here really shouldn't be about the Sooner's D. The question is really about OSU's. The only times our D looked decent was against Nebraska and Baylor.

r5TPsooner
11/19/2007, 07:06 PM
I'm more concerned about Auston English and his playing status on Saturday. Our pass rush was not too good against Tech.

I have faith in AP and Brown.

rubyspirit
11/19/2007, 10:28 PM
Don't get your hopes up. DeMarco is probably out the rest of the year.

Clever Trevor
11/19/2007, 10:33 PM
Patrick fumbles way to much.

He gave life to Iowa State and cost us our quarterback on Saturday.
Ludicrously retarded posts like this make me snicker. It was a freak injury. If someone had taught Sam to form tackle to protect himself, he would be fine.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 10:42 PM
It's not AP's fault for Sam's injury. But it is something the whole team can learn from. IOW, when you play sloppy football, bad things happen.

AP is a good running back when he stays in the game. Same said for AD. If you rotated AD, AP and Murray, you'd probably get something like 1500 yards rushing by year's end as a team. If you play a heavy 1, relief 2 like we did last year, guys have more of a chance to get into a rhythm and read the defense. NTM, you get excited and you play at a higher level with every big run. The problem this year is we have three guys who could legitimately run for 1200 or even 1500 yards, but you rotate them too heavily and with the passing game working like it does, it doesn't leave for 35 carries a game for a single guy to rack up stats.

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 10:44 PM
Don't get your hopes up. DeMarco is probably out the rest of the year.

I don't think a dislocated knee cap is as bad as you think it is.

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2007, 03:53 AM
He'll be back soon...He's a tough dude and shows it all the time.

OklahomaRed
11/20/2007, 01:00 PM
In the year of parity and any one team being able to beat another on a given Saturday, it is stating the obvious that turnovers and poor play in crucial situations (i.e. 1st offensive play of the game) will get you beat. Mental toughness and physical ability are two different things. That's why Wes Welker was passed over by a lot of college teams, but ended up at Tech and then on to have a good career in the NFL. I think NCAA coaches are already starting to change their recruitment targets a little more with some focus being given to mental toughness. I'm not saying Patrick does not have mental toughness, but I am saying that key fumbles, failure to convert on key downs, and failure to stop teams on 3rd and long or 4th down will get you beat. I'm simply expressing an opinion here and not attacking a player. You go with your players that show the ability to rise above the situation. I think Brown and Murray give OU that. I'm still waiting on some others to perform during crunch time.

Clever Trevor
11/20/2007, 02:32 PM
I am guessing that cb4ou is the one that gave me the unsigned (gutless) neg spek-

What makes you think that turnovers don't get you beat?
Wtf does that have to do with what I posted? I was referring to bradford's injury. Buy a vowel and solve the puzzle, there mensa. If you can't figure that out, well, there's probably no hope for you. So I got nuthin'. :rolleyes:

soonerorlater25
11/20/2007, 02:40 PM
I'm really bummed about his injury, especially on an onside kick where he wast touched, just the freakiest thing of all to one of our best players.:mad:

Civicus_Sooner
11/20/2007, 02:44 PM
:rolleyes:
Don't get your hopes up. DeMarco is probably out the rest of the year.Good thing this is the last game then.

OklahomaRed
11/20/2007, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping for 3 more games/wins. OS-who, Big 12 championship, and our bowl game. :D