PDA

View Full Version : sam bradford

rondog79
11/19/2007, 11:36 AM
has anyone heard if he's gonna be back for the osu game?

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 11:38 AM
No idea, I heard they are doing an MRI on Demarco tommorow.

With a concussion it might be a day to day decision.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2007, 11:48 AM
KW indicated they wouldn't know for 2-3 days...

sendbaht
11/19/2007, 01:19 PM
Good, keep osu guessing.

Funny, belive it or not I like osu all season but when they are ready to play us, I CAN"T STAND THEM!!!!

Youngsooner
11/19/2007, 01:30 PM
Good, keep osu guessing.

Funny, belive it or not I like osu all season but when they are ready to play us, I CAN"T STAND THEM!!!!

Funny... I can't stand them all season ;)

budbarrybob
11/19/2007, 01:32 PM
Good, keep osu guessing.

I simple cannot belive it :confused:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/19/2007, 01:35 PM
We are waiting on the report from Coach Fran.

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 01:41 PM
Good, keep osu guessing.

I haven't been able to stand them since I was six years old so that makes..............let me take my shoes off............ 44 YEARS!!!!
THEY STINK!!!
OSU not my feet!!!!

85sooners
11/19/2007, 02:03 PM
:texan:

Sonner magic923
11/19/2007, 02:42 PM

That makes me wana puke!!!!!;)

PhiDeltBeers
11/19/2007, 03:03 PM
That makes me wana puke!!!!!;)

THAT'S GARBAGE! AND THE POSTER WHO WROTE IT, IS GARBAGE!!

mikeelikee
11/19/2007, 03:05 PM
I think Sam will probably be cleared to play. His concussion wasn't as serious as some, since he never lost consciousness.

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 03:07 PM
I thought it could still be serious even if you don't lose consciousness.

oudivesherpa
11/19/2007, 03:19 PM
I think Sam will probably be cleared to play. His concussion wasn't as serious as some, since he never lost consciousness.

I played HS football and suffered a concussion--the only way I can describe it, is it's like a bad drunk, they next day you don't remeber much, and wake up with a H*** of a hangover. Come to think of it--That's how I married my first wife.

Seriously, any concussion is serious.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/19/2007, 03:30 PM
I remember getting one when I was 17 cagefighting. I was in a fog for about a day or two. My guess is that he would be fine in a day or so of course once you get a concussion it increases the risk of getting another one so that is a consideration

BTW...by cagefighting....I actually meant landing on the back of my head after dunking a basketball.

Civicus_Sooner
11/19/2007, 03:31 PM
I'd bet he doesn't play. His concussion is pretty serious. If he got slammed the very next week it could either kill him or give him brain damage.

Widescreen
11/19/2007, 04:04 PM
I'd bet he doesn't play. His concussion is pretty serious. If he got slammed the very next week it could either kill him or give him brain damage.
So what? WE HAVE TO WIN!!!!!!!

;)

Civicus_Sooner
11/19/2007, 04:27 PM
So what? WE HAVE TO WIN!!!!!!!

;)heh, I know. :D Let's just hope Halzle doesn't get hurt. No need to burn a redshirt for the last game of the year.

Echoes
11/19/2007, 04:50 PM
I do concussion research in a research assistantship.

Current findings suggest even the most mild concussion causes permanent brain damage. Unless it is pretty high on the scale, it will not effect him much right now. By the looks of him just sitting there all game, he will be alright to play. The real effects will not be seen until down the road. When multiple concussions happen, that is when things start getting sticky. Just pray it does not happen again.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/19/2007, 04:55 PM
THAT'S GARBAGE! AND THE POSTER WHO WROTE IT, IS GARBAGE!!

That's not true!!!

soonersn20xx
11/19/2007, 05:01 PM
This kid is the engine to our offensive success, please be well Sam.

Little Al
11/19/2007, 05:01 PM
I had one in college. I didn't know my name, or where I lived for a day. Became an Art major.

Breadburner
11/19/2007, 05:02 PM
Rub a little dirt on it.....

texas bandman
11/19/2007, 05:05 PM
Concussions are what ended Troy Aikman's career.

soonerlaw
11/19/2007, 05:08 PM
heh, I know. :D Let's just hope Halzle doesn't get hurt. No need to burn a redshirt for the last game of the year.

Nichol played eariler this season. Did that play time burn his redshirt?

The Maestro
11/19/2007, 05:46 PM
I heard on his death bed he will receive total consciousness...which is nice.

Widescreen
11/19/2007, 05:48 PM
I don't give a damn how many concussions he has left. Get Reggie Ray on the field

Coach says it's okay to bleed from the ears.
I love this movie.

humblesooner
11/19/2007, 05:56 PM
Nichol played eariler this season. Did that play time burn his redshirt?

Yup.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2007, 07:13 PM
Yup.

wrong..see jason white in 99

r5TPsooner
11/19/2007, 07:16 PM
This kid is the engine to our offensive success, please be well Sam.

Even if he does play, if he gets the blocking that Halzle got against TTU, he might only last a series or two. I didn't even recognize our OL at times on Saturday nite.

Hopefully they have some pride and come out and knock oSu in the mouth all day long.

auto
11/19/2007, 07:17 PM
I love this movie.

Great flick.:D

Big Red Ron
11/19/2007, 09:59 PM
I do concussion research in a research assistantship.

Current findings suggest even the most mild concussion causes permanent brain damage. Unless it is pretty high on the scale, it will not effect him much right now. By the looks of him just sitting there all game, he will be alright to play. The real effects will not be seen until down the road. When multiple concussions happen, that is when things start getting sticky. Just pray it does not happen again.Is that what happened to Troy Aikman?

rubyspirit
11/19/2007, 10:05 PM
Not true ...

The Associated Press reports former Dallas Cowboys QB Troy Aikman says he has no symptoms from the 10 concussions he suffered during his Hall of Fame career. He does get migraine headaches, but he says he's had them all his life and that they're not related to football.
http://www.kffl.com/player/6384/nfl

Shneeg11
11/19/2007, 10:11 PM

Jason White received a Medical Hardship year...other than a mysterious injury, yes, nichol's redshirt has been burned

Clever Trevor
11/19/2007, 10:12 PM
I just hope all of ou's players are OK.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2007, 10:52 PM
Jason White received a Medical Hardship year...other than a mysterious injury, yes, nichol's redshirt has been burned

well you cant get any more mysterious than the injuries JW supposedly suffered from that year.. so dont count it out

sozo
11/19/2007, 11:04 PM
We are waiting on the report from Coach Fran.
Good one lol

Nate Johnson
11/19/2007, 11:27 PM
I headed a soccer ball during a game in high school and got a mild concussion. I don't remember getting hit very hard, but things were fuzzy for a day or so and my balance was off. I had a hangover-like effect the next day, but it slowly went away. The doc didn't really do anything for it at the time.
I feel bad for Sam and I hope he feels better soon.

BermudaSooner
11/20/2007, 08:54 AM
Take it for what it is worth -- info from a friend of a friend (PC North alum), but apparently Sam's dad is saying he will not play on Saturday.

I sure hope he gets better soon, we're gonna need him for the Big XII Championship game.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/20/2007, 10:11 AM
Take it for what it is worth -- info from a friend of a friend (PC North alum), but apparently Sam's dad is saying he will not play on Saturday.

I sure hope he gets better soon, we're gonna need him for the Big XII Championship game.

If Sam can't play we may not need him for the Big 12 Championship because we may not be playing in it. I don't want him playing if he isn't ready but I hope he can go.

LittleWingSooner
11/20/2007, 10:14 AM

He just had to have 11 of em. And it shows in his color analysis at times.

humblesooner
11/20/2007, 11:07 AM

Apples and Oranges. Jason's was medical. You can not even apply for a medical RS until after all 4 years (or 4 active and one RS) of your eligibility are gone. Nichol has burned a year this year. He still has the opportunity to take a RS over the next 3 years. Then, when he has exhausted all of his eligibility, he has the option to petition for another year due to medical issues.

BermudaSooner
11/20/2007, 11:09 AM
If Sam can't play we may not need him for the Big 12 Championship because we may not be playing in it. I don't want him playing if he isn't ready but I hope he can go.

Agreed--but I was trying to be positive.

medstudent24
11/20/2007, 11:09 AM
Grade I concussions dont require the player to miss any games, in fact they can come back in the same game provided they are asymptomatic.

I dont think Sam had any loss of consciousness, which is good because that elevates his injury severity significantly and would mean a substantial chance of missing more games.

However he must be having some kind of residual effect or they woulda put him back in the game at halftime. Maybe he had some nausea/vomiting that they didnt report on. Just by looking at him on the sidelines he looked OK to me but maybe he was telling the coaches that he couldnt remember what happened on the field. The trainers have been very tight lipped about what kind of symptoms Sam experienced.

Widescreen
11/20/2007, 11:41 AM
...maybe he was telling the coaches that he couldnt remember what happened on the field.
An article in the paper indicated exactly that. He told Gundy (or Heupel, don't remember which) that he couldn't remember what plays they had just run.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 02:30 PM
Apples and Oranges. Jason's was medical. You can not even apply for a medical RS until after all 4 years (or 4 active and one RS) of your eligibility are gone. Nichol has burned a year this year. He still has the opportunity to take a RS over the next 3 years. Then, when he has exhausted all of his eligibility, he has the option to petition for another year due to medical issues.

It now sounds like he may play Saturday but your wrong on your facts.

Kansas State forward Bill Walker, who played in just six games as a freshman due to injury in 2006-07, received a medical redshirt from the Big 12 Conference on Thursday.

To receive a medical hardship waiver - in any sport - the injury must limit the student-athlete’s participation to no more than 20 percent of the team’s contests (rounded to the next whole number), with all participation occurring in the first half of the season.

Therefore, for a football player, the maximum number of games that he can play in and still receive a medical hardship waiver is three (20 percent of 11 equals 2.2, which is rounded up to 3), and none of his time on the field can occur after the fifth game (the sixth game of an eleven game season is considered in the second half of the season).

In the case of a 12 game regular season (ie. Oklahoma schedule), none of the player's time on the field can occur after the sixth game. The seventh game of a 12 game season is considered in the second half of the season.

Whites "injuries" was a bad back and an ankle sprain...If you read the posts you ll see I said it was because of injuries..

Thanks