PDA

View Full Version : Joey Halzle Appreciation Thread

NormanPride
11/19/2007, 10:03 AM
We love you Joey. You went out there in a bad, bad situation and performed admirably. Some clutch throws and some toughness out there is what we needed, and we got them from you.

Also, I sat in front of your mom and she is awesome. We need more kids like Joey!

C&CDean
11/19/2007, 10:06 AM
We love you Joey. You went out there in a bad, bad situation and performed admirably. Some clutch throws and some toughness out there is what we needed, and we got them from you.

Also, I sat in front of your mom and she is awesome. We need more kids like Joey!

Joey's mom and dad came to one of our tailgates a couple years ago. Very nice people. And I'm proud of the way Halzle continued chunking it downfield and damn near brought us back to a W. All things considered, he did a great job.

OUHOMER
11/19/2007, 10:10 AM
I thought he got stronger as the game went along. I too thought he did a great job under the circumstances.

stoopified
11/19/2007, 10:10 AM
Good job Joey,under the most difficult of circumstances.

usmc-sooner
11/19/2007, 10:11 AM
if I would've been in his shoes, I'd have crapped my pants and hyperventilated.

He fought through adversity and put us in more than one shot at winning the game.

Blues1
11/19/2007, 10:13 AM
Proud Joey Came to OU - Proud of his Game in Lubbock....Keep Rockin' Joey...!
Blues1

yermom
11/19/2007, 10:43 AM
yeah, he came on at the end

i'm guessing he'll get more snaps in practice now...

Socrefbek
11/19/2007, 10:52 AM
I agree that I am a no-class poster who doesn't have a clue.

SoonerMom2
11/19/2007, 10:52 AM
I am proud of Joey and the whole team for not quitting. They played until the end and anyone knows that when your starter goes down it sucks the air out of the team. All you have to do is look at other programs that have had the same thing happen. Joey came in and by the second half he was comfortable which is a tribute to Josh Heupel IMHO! Thanks Joey!

Boomer.....
11/19/2007, 10:53 AM
He did a great job for coming off the bench and damn near had 300 yards passing.

SoonerMom2
11/19/2007, 10:57 AM
I agree. Unfortunately his OC did not put him in good situations to lead the Sooners to victory.

This is a positive thread and pretty bad when all some can do on here is rip the coaches.

Our starter went down and they had to improvise and Joey became much better in the 2nd half after I am sure getting baclground during the entire half.

For those that want to complain about snaps, we have a new quarterback out there that they were getting ready for the big games. He is a redshirt Freshman that didn't play a down until September and needs every snap he can get.

BTW, we were in a position to tie the game so why don't you ask John Bible and his crew why that didn't happen instead of ripping on a coach!

soonerinabilene
11/19/2007, 10:57 AM
I will admit in the first half, i was questioning why it was him and not nichols in there. In the 4th quarter, I was glad it was him and not nichols in there.

KingBarry
11/19/2007, 11:09 AM
Here here to all the good wishes for Joey. He did his best under trying conditions, and did just about enough to win.

The Sooners have a been a different team on the road this year, and that's not Joey's fault.

Boomer Sooner.

The_Red_Patriot
11/19/2007, 11:16 AM
This is a positive thread and pretty bad when all some can do on here is rip the coaches.

Our starter went down and they had to improvise and Joey became much better in the 2nd half after I am sure getting baclground during the entire half.

For those that want to complain about snaps, we have a new quarterback out there that they were getting ready for the big games. He is a redshirt Freshman that didn't play a down until September and needs every snap he can get.

BTW, we were in a position to tie the game so why don't you ask John Bible and his crew why that didn't happen instead of ripping on a coach!

We were in position to win. We had two more redzone attempts in the 4th qtr and didnt convert.

Halze played fantastic in the 4th.

zeke
11/19/2007, 11:24 AM
Halzle is a TRUE SOONER

SoonerGM
11/19/2007, 11:40 AM
Halzle did well. He never was able to hit the deep ball but that is totally understandable considering he doesnt get the practice snaps that Sam gets. Really, he lead the team to a comeback, unfortunatly it got stolen from us.

Partial Qualifier
11/19/2007, 11:56 AM
Dude can throw a 40-yard rope like nobody's business.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/19/2007, 12:54 PM
Hazle led us to at least a tie in my book! Amazing guts...too bad a bad call didn't give him a chance to pull of the comeback in OT, but that kid hung in there and gave it his all. He left everything on the field and for that, thank you! You make me proud to be a Sooner!

MextheBulldog
11/19/2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah, kudos to Mr. Halzle for showing some major improvement as the game went along. I think its extremely reasonable to expect a backup with little gameplay to struggle at first. But the last TD throw was a bullet through three defenders. Once he gets a little more game time, he will be very serviceable.

GrapevineSooner
11/19/2007, 01:35 PM
We could have folded the tents after Tech went up 34-10.

But we didn't. And that's a testament to Joey.

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 01:58 PM
In my opinion his performance was a true gut-check. Some guys would rather ride the pine and never come into a game. When that kind of guy has to play it shows but Joey showed he’s the kind of guy that stays prepared to take the field.

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 02:16 PM
I'm in.

Joey played extremely well once he settled in. Kudos!

SoonerShark
11/19/2007, 02:37 PM
He did a great job. The play calling shackled him. Rather than allowing him to get warmed up and situated, he had to warm up by running up a mountain, but that is the offensive coaching staff's fault. Joey passed for nearly 300 yards.

SouthFortySooner
11/19/2007, 02:54 PM
My favorite part of his comeback was the resigned look on Tech fan faces. They thought he was going to do it too.

sendbaht
11/19/2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks Joey for keeping your cool during the game.

Easting
11/19/2007, 03:37 PM
Hope he reads this board (for the good stuff at least!):

Joey, you kicked *** when we needed you most. Nice job!

pb4ou
11/19/2007, 03:47 PM
Props to Joey, you gave us chance when most had written us off.

Now go and beat those pukies!!

C&CDean
11/19/2007, 03:58 PM
He did a great job. The play calling shackled him. Rather than allowing him to get warmed up and situated, he had to warm up by running up a mountain, but that is the offensive coaching staff's fault. Joey passed for nearly 300 yards.

Why do some people have to be stupid?

soonernation
11/19/2007, 04:06 PM
Why do some people have to be stupid?

http://www.allfiredup.com/catalog/images/PA11%20Pee%20On%20Stupid%20People.gif

madillsoonerfan5353
11/19/2007, 05:50 PM

AMEN! Thanks Joey!!

Pigface1
11/19/2007, 05:56 PM
He started out slow, but that's to be expected and he helped give the team a shot to win. After he settled in I think he played well.

I'm about sick of this bend but don't break defensive debacle, though. 12th in the Big 12 in pass coverage. That's dead last for those that don't do math, and three or maybe even four of the DBs will be playing on Sundays. :mad:

Texas Golfer
11/19/2007, 06:10 PM
He started out slow, but that's to be expected and he helped give the team a shot to win. After he settled in I think he played well.

I'm about sick of this bend but don't break defensive debacle, though. 12th in the Big 12 in pass coverage. That's dead last for those that don't do math, and three or maybe even four of the DBs will be playing on Sundays. :mad:

And Tech is #11 in the conference in run defense and we had Joey throwing early and often. We have three of the best RBs in the conference and we're throwing with an inexperienced QB against the next to last run defense.

I think we should have pounded the ball on Tech to give Joey time to get settled in. It would have also kept Tech's offense on the bench. I don't understand the logic but I bleed OU red so I'll accept it.

swardboy
11/19/2007, 07:25 PM
I was VERY impressed with Joey's tenacity in the pocket. He didn't panic and bolt, but stayed in there and found receivers. Bout crapped my britches a few times as the action was flying around him, but he didn't stain his shorts.

2k2 c5
11/19/2007, 08:23 PM
My favorite part of his comeback was the resigned look on Tech fan faces. They thought he was going to do it too.

From the looks on their faces, they KNEW he was gonna do it.

Monster Zero
11/19/2007, 08:39 PM
Good job, Joey. Hope you're liking it here in Oklahoma. Not to take anything away from the guy starting ahead of you, but maybe next year the coaches will get you some playing time.

MyT Oklahoma
11/19/2007, 08:42 PM
I agree. Job well done and glad your a Sooner.

AlbqSooner
11/19/2007, 09:08 PM
if I would've been in his shoes, I'd have crapped my pants and hyperventilated.

He fought through adversity and put us in more than one shot at winning the game.
My theory is that he DID crap his pants. That pantload threw his balance off and resulted in missed passes in the first half. Once he got to the locker room at half time and disposed of the excess baggage he looked much better in the second half. ;)

Props to the guy for taking a bad situation and making the most of it. We are fortunate to have him and he will only improve with game experience. Stepping up when called on is what being a Sooner is about.

soonerhubs
11/19/2007, 10:11 PM
Joey Halzle, thanks for coming to OU. You're an amazing sport, and a great QB. You did well Saturday, and you have nothing to hang your head about. Keep it up!

rubyspirit
11/19/2007, 10:12 PM
You did a great job Joey, I can understand being a little cold at first. The Coach hadn't given you many snaps before the Tech game. Hopefully you will play more. I like that you can control your nerves in high pressure situations.

All the best!

josh09
11/19/2007, 10:14 PM
Joey played great once he got settled in. And im happy for him because he deserves it! Good job Joey!

olevetonahill
11/19/2007, 10:18 PM
I also am proud of the way he sucked it up and played well late . I did think we would see KN in the 2nd 1/2 if JH had not picked it up . Im glad He played the way he did .
That has to build his Confidence up.

Clever Trevor
11/19/2007, 10:26 PM
The kid persevered like a true gamer. I like his moxie.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/19/2007, 10:44 PM
Way to go, JH! You can do eet!

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 10:58 PM
I met two guys at the 2006 Spring game... Rhett Bomar and Joey Halzle. At the time, everyone was predicting Halzle to be the next Heupel out of Junior College and unseat Bomar as the starter.

The two were joking and heading into the Switzer Center, I happened to recognize both of them and told them good luck. Bomar grabbed my program and autographed it as if I was asking for one... and Joey shook my hand and said "thanks for coming out today, man..."

He really is a feel good story, and I felt bad for him on Saturday. He came out a little rusty, and understandably so... but got into a rhythm that makes me feel good if we need him again.

GottaHavePride
11/19/2007, 11:32 PM
The kid persevered like a true gamer. I like his moxie.

I like his fight. I like his resolve. I'll take Joey and play any sucker in the country.

Srsly, I remember meeting his parents at that tailgat. Very nice people.

Clever Trevor
11/19/2007, 11:33 PM
Heh.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 11:36 PM
To Joey Halzle!!!

[clink]

olevetonahill
11/20/2007, 12:57 AM
Can any of us Give him a better compliment than
HE IS A SOONER ?