PDA

View Full Version : Why will not lose the Neblam game...

setem
11/19/2007, 02:48 AM
You see guys it is very simple!:D

I am going to the game this weekend...

I know what you are saying!

WTF is the crackhead talking about? DUMBEST THREAD EVER!!!

I KNOW....I KNOW!

Hear me out! Let it be known...I am no bandwagon fan...that being said I have not missed a home game in 4 years, with the exception of one game(not a great record but I am only 23 and I have not always had the money to make it to the games)! Can you guess what game it was that I failed to attend? That is right! TCU! I did not have a ticket that day I was bumbing off my sister for the first part of that season and she did not have an extra for me! From that day on I vowed never to miss a home game again! I have never seen OU lose in person! I can't imagine how terrible I would feel if that were to take place this weekend!

So my Sooner brothers and sisters...fear not! For this weekend OUr boys will clinch the south and make us all proud to be SOONERS!!! Even if they were to god forbid lose to the PUKES at home! We will still be proud to be Sooners!!!

As long as Jonathan Ryan Webb is at the game...no god damn puke is going to take away our Big XII and BCS hopes from us!!!

As for the tech game! We lost big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

SoonerKnight
11/19/2007, 03:14 AM
OSU loses because I don't think Stoops has ever lost back to back has he? MNC and CCG do not count. I mean in conference play? I think Stoops and the boys are always ****ed off after a loss!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2007, 03:23 AM
I certainly hope that holds true. We need to kick the crap outa the sheephumpers and then take the CCG in a blowout and earn some respect back and head into the fiesta and slaughter someone there and start next year ranked #1 or 2.

SoonerKnight
11/19/2007, 03:25 AM
Exactly what we are playing for is to topple Kansas and shut up the pukers as the coach calls em. :D Then we play to be ranked higher than LSU next year so we can win ALL of our games.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 03:29 AM
The house needs to be an all-time loud if Bradford, Murray and English aren't back in form.

Halzle can win in Norman, it will probably be ugly, though.
AP,CB and a guy who really deserves more action in Mossis Madu will be fine. I mean, it IS OSU's defense they'll be running against. We have a tradition of running backs busting a long one on them now. :D

We need English and Sammy, IMHO. If Murray and those guys are out, this could be as ugly a win or even a loss like 2000, 2001 and 2002.

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2007, 03:30 AM
Not just LSU, let's play to be ranked higher than everyone! And yeah...Win eevry game by 50 to make sure that not one time next year I have to read a thread saying we lost because of the refs. It'll be bad enough reading a thread or two each week telling us why we're gonna lose, why the staff should be fired, and why player x sucks and shouldn't be playing.

SoonerKnight
11/19/2007, 03:37 AM
Well if LSU goes to the Championship game they could come in ranked #1 so us being ranked higher would be what I was talking about. I want OU to come in ranked atleast in the top 5 and have that swagger back where we know we will win even if it is (your) house we'll make it ours for four hours!

soonersn20xx
11/19/2007, 06:21 AM
After the turd this team laid in Lubbock, I have zero confidence in the coaches and players..........OSU is just as inferior as CU and Tech and we lost.

bred24
11/19/2007, 09:13 AM
After the turd this team laid in Lubbock, I have zero confidence in the coaches and players..........OSU is just as inferior as CU and Tech and we lost.

I agree

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 09:15 AM

How dare you sir. :eek:

bred24
11/19/2007, 09:17 AM
How dare you sir. :eek:

I know what a prick! He might get banned for telling the truth.

KHS Sooner
11/19/2007, 09:18 AM
People don't get banned for stating their opinions. :)

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2007, 09:39 AM
If Halzle is our *only* QB for the game, please refer to 2001.

I like it that Halzle never gave up. In a way, even in the face of an overall gutless team performance, he showed some grit. But some of those passes he hit were a lot more thanks to the receivers, particularly Manny, than they were to his abilities.

Sorry to play wet blanket, setem, but your streak is in serious jeopardy this weekend.

If Bradford can't go, in my opinion for us to win the game the staff will have to get very creative at the QB position. That is, run a dual situation as Florida did last year w/ Leak and Tebow. Put Nichol in on 3rd down situations and make the LoSuRs have to think about it.

But even that might not help much if the defense doesn't put together their best game of the season. Which will be an awfully tall task if we don't get a few bodies relatively healthy in a short period of time.

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 09:45 AM
51 total posts by the "Turd Layers" union. Do I smell a troll? Maybe it was your unreasonable expectations of a team that lost it's starting QB to injury in a road game that laid the turd?

setem
11/19/2007, 09:48 AM
All you sons of bitches who are saying bad stuff about the Sooners can suck it!:)

WE WILL NOT LOSE!!!

Someone fix my thread title....add "we" in there!

KingBarry
11/19/2007, 10:05 AM
If Halzle is our *only* QB for the game, please refer to 2001.

I like it that Halzle never gave up. In a way, even in the face of an overall gutless team performance, he showed some grit. But some of those passes he hit were a lot more thanks to the receivers, particularly Manny, than they were to his abilities.

Sorry to play wet blanket, setem, but your streak is in serious jeopardy this weekend.

If Bradford can't go, in my opinion for us to win the game the staff will have to get very creative at the QB position. That is, run a dual situation as Florida did last year w/ Leak and Tebow. Put Nichol in on 3rd down situations and make the LoSuRs have to think about it.

But even that might not help much if the defense doesn't put together their best game of the season. Which will be an awfully tall task if we don't get a few bodies relatively healthy in a short period of time.

Come on, why so negative? Halzle might be as bad as you paint him, and he might not. What we saw Saturday was a guy thrown into a situation with absoutely no preparation. If Halzle has to go against the sheephumpers this weekend, he'll have a whole week to get ready.

Halzle was markedly better by the end of the game -- good enough to win if we'd had a little more time. I think he'll give a good effort on Saturday, if that's what's called for.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2007, 11:00 AM
Come on, why so negative? Halzle might be as bad as you paint him, and he might not. What we saw Saturday was a guy thrown into a situation with absoutely no preparation. If Halzle has to go against the sheephumpers this weekend, he'll have a whole week to get ready.

Halzle was markedly better by the end of the game -- good enough to win if we'd had a little more time. I think he'll give a good effort on Saturday, if that's what's called for.

What some call negativity others call "reality."

To win this Saturday we have to get much better QB play.

To win this Saturday our defense has to play much much better.

That's really in a nutshell what I said. And it's as close to factual as speculation can be.

And btw, I'm not really down on Halzle. I think he has done as much as he can with what he has. But unlike investing, past results are indicative of future perfomance in football. Joey's game on Saturday was as follows: just over 50% completions, 2 TD's, 1 pick, and several errant throws fired either into tight coverage or the sideline. That's pretty much been his story in all scrimages and spring games since he has been here. You cannot realistically expect him to improve on that.

So how do you overcome that?

Add something to the game that will give Halzle a fighting chance.

And my opinion is that what could get Halzle out of some jams as they might arise is to put a situational running QB out there for occasional relief.

Then again, we may not have to worry about it, as Sam may be perfectly healthy by the end of the week.

But again, it's not going to matter much if the defense doesn't go gonzo this weekend.

OUMonster
11/19/2007, 11:48 AM
OSU has won only one game on the road this year and that was versus Nebraska.

humblesooner
11/19/2007, 12:00 PM
Break down the game by halves for Joey's sake. He was thrust in to duty in the first half with little to no game preparation. The first half looked like it.
Look at only the second half of the game and I think Joey had an extremely respectable half.
Normally, I am the type who says look at the whole body of work. But in this case, I think breaking out the action by halves is justified. Once he was able to get in the locker room and get some set-down coaching, he responded very well. If Sam is not able to go this weekend, I think Joey will play better for the whole game.

I liked what I saw from Joey in the second half Saturday night.

Norman Sooner
11/19/2007, 12:57 PM
21-41 291 yards and 2 TDs in his first somewhat full game..I think that if we were to go back 11 games and saw those same stats from Bradford we would all be happy..

I think Bradford is the better QB, but what ****es me off more than anything is watching AP run down the backside of an Offensive Lineman..

budbarrybob
11/19/2007, 01:16 PM

If Halzle had absolutely no preparation for the game then we should fire all the coaches and he should be given the heisman for his stepped up performance for the second half of the second half. If he plays like he did at the end of the game then we have a shot. Not the shot in the dark kinda shot but a shot at beating the fn sheepholers...

setem
11/25/2007, 02:28 AM
What did I say?