PDA

View Full Version : Eerie stuff here... Bed-dumb related.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 12:14 AM
I was discussing this with some friends of mine regarding the Sooners.

You win the Red River Shootout with an outstanding young quarterback, but as the season goes on, your defense begins to weaken with injuries and all of a sudden the freshmen phenom is out with a freak injury. Your backup does a serviceable job, but an unranked team ends up being too much for him to handle on the road.

Your next game is against a team that would sell their soul to beat you at least once every four or five years. That said team's entire season and entire sports year rides on beating your injury-depleted team.

Who are you?

Answer: The 2006 University of Texas Longhorns.

Is that not creepy how we tend to mirror eachother? In 2001, we replaced a senior stud quarterback and defended OUr National Championship with a Cotton Bowl. They did theirs with a similar in the Alamo.

I guess what I'm saying is we absolutely need to be a force this weekend, or else Texas could go to the BIG 12 Championship, and we could end up hearing about some 12-7 kind of OSU win for the next twenty years.

My thoughts... this is eerie, and we need that presence Sam, Auston and DeMarco present us with this weekend, or yes, we could lose. This matchup reeks of an upset.

Get well soon, guys... but if you aren't ready, we need your backups to play the game of their season.

kevpks
11/19/2007, 12:16 AM
Maybe A&M will win one for the Fran and we can clinch on Friday.

85sooners
11/19/2007, 12:17 AM
boooooooooooooooomer!!!!!!!!!

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 12:18 AM
I guess what I'm saying is I can't stomach losing on OUr home field after how well this season started out, to end it on a bad note without even a shot at the conference crown.

tulsaoilerfan
11/19/2007, 12:22 AM
What if there was a 3way tie between the 2 orangies and the Sooners; how would that be settled?

tommieharris91
11/19/2007, 12:23 AM
ATM winning doesn't even matter when it comes to tiebreakers. If OU loses and texass loses, there would be a 3-way tie for 1st in the South. Tech has clinched 4th. OU, obviously, didn't beat Tech, while osu and texass did. That's the first possible tiebreaker. After that, since texass beat osu, texass will move on to play in the CCG over us if we lose.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 12:31 AM
I don't necessarily think OSU will win... I'm kinda thinking it will go about like the Missouri game did since we're so beaten injury-wise. However, if the stars align and English, Bradford and Murray return to form, we win in a rout.

Lot to ask for a guy to play with hardware in his foot, a guy whose knee has to be swollen like a baloon and a guy who probably woke up puking.

God bless them, though... get well soon.

Paperclip
11/19/2007, 12:32 AM
Yep. We lose and Texas goes whether or not they win Friday.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 01:24 AM

I don't know that that's the case since we beat the FRANchise already.

tommieharris91
11/19/2007, 01:33 AM
I don't know that that's the case since we beat the FRANchise already.

It ain't. texass/ATM is meaningless when it comes to the standings.

OUTrumpet
11/19/2007, 02:21 AM

How does this work if Texas loses? We would have the same record in conference, and we would have the head-to-head victory.

Octavian
11/19/2007, 02:24 AM
In the event of a three-way tie....whoever is ranked highest goes IIRC.

SoonerKnight
11/19/2007, 03:32 AM
We are better than Saxet this is nothing like last year because we have Stoops and they don't!! :D

UTsucks
11/19/2007, 06:43 AM
ICCCCCCCCCCC

tommieharris91
11/19/2007, 11:16 AM
Lemme repost.

ATM winning doesn't even matter when it comes to tiebreakers. If OU loses and texass loses, there would be a 3-way tie for 1st in the South. Tech has clinched 4th. OU, obviously, didn't beat Tech, while osu and texass did. That's the first possible tiebreaker. After that, since texass beat osu, texass will move on to play in the CCG over us if we lose.

snp
11/19/2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102306aab.html

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

walden2009
11/19/2007, 12:42 PM
#1 It eliminates all of them because they would have losses to each other. (Thats if the rule is stating the record vs. Each other. If it is overall record then yes OSU is out then it goes to head to head vs texas)
#2 It eliminates all of them because they all would have 2 losses to the south and 1 to the north.
#3 would eliminate OU because #4 in the division would be Tech. Since OSU and Texas both beat Tech. OU would be out

And since it would be head to head then Texas has the win over OSU.

Thus Texas is your big 12 south team. Thats is IF OSU wins.