PDA

View Full Version : I Remember a Time When Bob Stoops...

SoonerFan80
11/18/2007, 11:15 PM
...had some creativity and aggressiveness in his play calling. End-Arounds, Reverses, Hook & Ladders, Fake Punts, Going For It On 4th Down.

Yeah, I know, he's the coach, and I'm just a fan. But it's clear as day.

King Crimson
11/18/2007, 11:16 PM
lot of trolls the last 36 hours.

katy's most wanted is a hornfans.com poster, for those who didn't know.

starclassic tama
11/18/2007, 11:17 PM
i don't ever remember a time where bob stoops called the plays

SoonerFan80
11/18/2007, 11:18 PM
i don't ever remember a time where bob stoops called the plays

Trust me bro, he has more input in the play calling than you think.

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 11:20 PM
We trust in you 80.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 11:21 PM
I'm betting this one gets a lock thrown on it. $50 vCash, whada ya say?

hOlden caUlfield...
11/18/2007, 11:23 PM
I remember a time when i was innocent from all the evil things in this world. Then someone mentioned tubgirl on here and i was introduced to the underworld. Well today i saw a few seconds of 2 girls 1 cup and that's how i felt last night watching the game.

Moral of the story: Don't watch these things.

goingoneight
11/18/2007, 11:27 PM
So a fake punt was conservative just because the players messed it up, huh?

Seriously... how do you rebound from all the bad **** that happened last night? We had to execute and make stops to get back in it.

Guess what... we did.

OUAndy1807
11/18/2007, 11:33 PM
Have we ever run a hook and lateral?

peanous
11/18/2007, 11:35 PM
Hey I agree with the kid! One of those two field goals would have been a fake four years back.
Snyder and Carroll cut off his juevos!

Wouldn't trade the guy for the world but its not the same guy under that headset

OKC-SLC
11/18/2007, 11:35 PM
I'll answer that for Chris...

no.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 11:36 PM
I remember when sheetrock cost me $1.50 a sheet.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 11:38 PM
Hey I agree with the kid! One of those two field goals would have been a fake four years back.

Wouldn't trade the guy for the world but its not the same guy under that headset
Why can't I bring myself to suggest that peanous not be a dick?

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 11:39 PM
Why can't I bring myself to suggest that peanous not be a dick?

Must be the kinder gentler SAS. ;)

TheBobbyTrain
11/18/2007, 11:53 PM
I'll answer that for Chris...

no.

there was a game in 99 that we ran the hook and latter. it's on LASooner's highlight vid from that year.

OUAndy1807
11/18/2007, 11:54 PM
there was a game in 99 that we ran the hook and latter. it's on LASooner's highlight vid from that year.
which game?

insuranceman_22
11/18/2007, 11:55 PM
...had some creativity and aggressiveness in his play calling. End-Arounds, Reverses, Hook & Ladders, Fake Punts, Going For It On 4th Down.

Yeah, I know, he's the coach, and I'm just a fan. But it's clear as day.

I think you can look and see who the OC is and you'll find answers.......I miss that stuff to a degree, but I find it very difficult to argue with what Stoops has done here at OU....guy is a winner.....

TheBobbyTrain
11/19/2007, 12:01 AM
which game?

A&M game '99

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NjD7aJIuXBg

~0:37

tommieharris91
11/19/2007, 12:45 AM
I remember a hook-and-lateral against Neb in 2000. It didn't work that well, if I remember right.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 12:48 AM

Twice, aTm 1999, and Nebraska 2000.

Some folks don't seem to know that tricksy plays are usually out of desperation and 7/10 times don't work.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 12:52 AM
Also... that same coach we're criticizing went for it on 4th down three times, ran an onside kick and never even flinched at College Station last year. His worst team ran a fake field goal at Nebraska for the simple purpose of burning more clock. I don't think a conservative coach would kick his starting quarterback and best OL off the team on the first day of fall camp, either. I also think eleven other programs (and a lot more) would love to have Stoops's conference hardware.

rainiersooner
11/19/2007, 01:08 AM
Also... that same coach we're criticizing went for it on 4th down three times, ran an onside kick and never even flinched at College Station last year. His worst team ran a fake field goal at Nebraska for the simple purpose of burning more clock. I don't think a conservative coach would kick his starting quarterback and best OL off the team on the first day of fall camp, either. I also think eleven other programs (and a lot more) would love to have Stoops's conference hardware.

Hard to argue with that. There are always things you can do to improve. Can any of the people on this board jumping on Stoop's back name a single coach they'd rather have with us? I doubt it.

wishbonesooner
11/19/2007, 08:46 AM
Why is asking a question all the sudden criticism? Is Bob Stoops deity? No one is saying Bob should get fired. When we lose a game it's a rarity, but I hate to tell you folks, Stoops is no longer considered "Big Game Bob" around the country like he used to be. There's nobody I want to coach the Sooners but Bob Stoops.

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 08:54 AM
Stoops is no longer considered "Big Game Bob" around the country like he used to be.

I don't want to bag on Bob either, but I have to admit that I think this is a vaild argument.

MojoRisen
11/19/2007, 09:59 AM
2000 Oklahoma would have beat this team years OU team badly 3 TD's or more - We have lost a lot of good coaching and were beat by our old OC Leach 2nd time in 3 years.

I don't blame Bob but he does make enough coin to be held accountable - we all knew Tech was going to jump us - we did not know Bradford was going to get rocked first play.

I will be critical of our 2ndary as we have too many good players to not be better than what Venables and Bobby Jack Wright have done with them - I do believe they over coach and take instincts away from these players and make them think too much.

Bob is more predictable - but think about crazy arse leach VS KW who is going to run more wild plays on a regular basis. Leach

We loose games - Tech is capable of beating teams - we should not have lost that game and given up all that in the first half.

Reality is though- we move the ball - they score one less TD and we likely break 40 - 42-27 outcome would have been what most people expected in this kind of game in lubbock - with OU winning.

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 10:17 AM
I remember when there was no internet. You didn’t have to read the postings of people whose only sports injuries were hemorrhoids from riding the bench. You did heard them on occasion at the public house. Stoops is not a deity but he certainly doesn’t deserve slamming by so called fans that couldn’t coach a fart from a fat guy at a bean eating contest.

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 10:28 AM

For the record: Trolls like this make the board worse.

PS - I should have picked a worse post to neg.

C&CDean
11/19/2007, 10:46 AM
For the record: Trolls like this make the board worse.

PS - I should have picked a worse post to neg.

PS - One less idjit on the board now.