PDA

View Full Version : Belichick is a ******nozzle

Half a Hundred
11/18/2007, 10:24 PM
Seriously. You have that little faith in your defense? Come on, it's the frickin' Bills. Classless.

TUSooner
11/18/2007, 10:29 PM
Actually, I have begun to really LIKE the Patriots' "take no prisoners" approach. It's refreshing in a world of posers and talkers. Bill gives the fans their money's worth - ALL FOOTBALL for 60 full minutes, and anybody who doesn't like it can stay home and watch cooking shows.

PS - I like cooking shows, too. :)

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 10:34 PM
IT'S THE NFL PEOPLE, IT AIN'T INTRAMURALS....
Seriously, if you don't like it, stop them. I get tired of the whiners who gripe about "running up the score", others would do it if they could. We enjoy it when OU does it, I don't blame others for doing the same thing.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/18/2007, 10:43 PM
If the Patriots do meet the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, it may be the first (and probably only) time that a vast majority of the country will be pulling for the Cowboys to win.

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 10:47 PM
Roger Goodell is Belicheck's B*&^*. Just sayin...

Sooner98
11/18/2007, 10:48 PM
Actually, I have begun to really LIKE the Patriots' "take no prisoners" approach. It's refreshing in a world of posers and talkers. Bill gives the fans their money's worth - ALL FOOTBALL for 60 full minutes, and anybody who doesn't like it can stay home and watch cooking shows.

Plus, I'm enjoying this running up the score philosophy, due to the fact that I have Tom Brady in both of my fantasy leagues. Run it up, baby! :D

Veritas
11/18/2007, 10:49 PM
I get tired of people whining about who's class and who's not. Who gives a ****. Winning isn't all that matters, but it matters more than anything else, and The Hoodie wins.

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 10:52 PM
I get tired of people whining about who's class and who's not. Who gives a ****. Winning isn't all that matters, but it matters more than anything else, and The Hoodie wins.
It's nice to have class. It's nicer not to blatantly violate league rules. The fact the Goodell only gave a fine and no suspension to Hoodie is wrong. Period. The fact that he is also a sociallly inept mutant is a moot point.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/18/2007, 10:53 PM
All right, 2007 Patriots vs. 1995 Huskers. Who ya got?

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 10:53 PM

PS - I like cooking shows, too. :)

Agreed, even about the cooking shows. :D

Octavian
11/18/2007, 10:54 PM

spoken like a man that's had a heavy dose of Callenburger. ;)

I, too, like Darth Hoodie.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 10:55 PM

Which side will Mini-Ditka be playing on? :D

King Crimson
the NFL is so boring it's unreal, though it's treated like the most important thing on planet earth.

Octavian

If the Patriots could limit Mackovicka, they might have a chance.

Gotta stop the fullback first ;)

wishbonesooner
11/18/2007, 10:58 PM
I look forward to the day Brady is out, or they're minus Moss or Welker, and somebody lays an *** whippin on Bill.

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 10:59 PM
If Brady is injured and the Patriots start losing, do you think fans will start calling for Hoodie's job?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/18/2007, 11:00 PM
I look forward to the day Brady is out, or they're minus Moss or Welker, and somebody lays an *** whippin on Bill.
It'll happen. Maybe not this year but I guarantee you if someone rang up a big lead on them, they're not going to let their foot off the gas pedal.
What goes around comes around.

Veritas
11/18/2007, 11:01 PM
Class matters, but not as much as winning. People start talking about someone not having class when a) they're yours and they're losing or b) they're kicking your ***.

The Huskers are a nice example. Callenberger is a classless jerkoff, but if he was winning nobody would give a rip, except for the people he was beating who would accuse him of being a classless jerkoff. Now that it's clear he's a loser, all of a sudden people here in Lincoln care about his lack of class. Ugh.

Accusations of lack of class smack more of sour grapes than actual concern about a person's character.

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 11:02 PM
The fact that he is also a sociallly inept mutant is a moot point.
He is just like his mentor Bill Parcells, they pretty much have a disdain for the national media hacks and don't try to hide it. The funny thing is Parcells becomes one when he isn't coaching and you can still hear the disdain in his voice when one of them says something stupid....which is pretty often.

I listen to Boston sports radio during the day and on WEEI they have Patriots Monday and Belichick is on there for about a half hour. Two of them are ex-players and one is Steve DeOssie who played for Parcells with the Giants when Belichick was an assistant there, the other is Fred Smerlas who played for the Patriots. After listening to him on that I grew to like him.

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 11:04 PM
He is just like his mentor Bill Parcells, they pretty much have a disdain for the national media hacks and don't try to hide it. The funny thing is Parcells becomes one when he isn't coaching and you can still hear the disdain in his voice when one of them says something stupid....which is pretty often.

I listen to Boston sports radio during the day and on WEEI they have Patriots Monday and Belichick is on there for about a half hour. Two of them are ex-players and one is Steve DeOssie who played for Parcells with the Giants when Belichick was an assistant there, the other is Fred Smerlas who played for the Patriots. After listening to him on that I grew to like him.
You're right. Perhaps I should do some web listening of that station before I start calling names. :D

BoomerGirl34
11/18/2007, 11:05 PM
Seriously. You have that little faith in your defense? Come on, it's the frickin' Bills. Classless.

I don't disagree with you entirely, but I find it mildly amusing that you feel this way, after looking at your screen name. ;)

Half a Hundred
11/18/2007, 11:05 PM
I have no problem with a "take no prisoners" approach. If he was simply scoring at the end of the game, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

However, that being said, when you're up 35-7 and it's fourth down, would it kill you to just go for the field goal? It's not as if a 35 point advantage is that much better than a 31 point advantage.

I don't disagree with you entirely, but I find it mildly amusing that you feel this way, after looking at your screen name.

Tou-freakin'-che ;)

SCOUT
11/18/2007, 11:09 PM
I am not really a fan of running up the score. My definition of running up the score is pretty specific though. For example, throwing for a TD in the third quarter is never running it up, regardless of the score. If you fake a field goal with under a minute left to increase your lead to 42, then that is running up the score.

Running up the score is also a collegiate and below phenomenon IMO. If you are a pro team you deserve whatever the other team is able to do to you.

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 11:10 PM
You're right. Perhaps I should do some web listening of that station before I start calling names. :D
He is usually on between 4-5pm CST.

I have no problem with a "take no prisoners" approach. If he was simply scoring at the end of the game, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

However, that being said, when you're up 35-7 and it's fourth down, would it kill you to just go for the field goal? It's not as if a 35 point advantage is that much better than a 31 point advantage.
Says the person with "Half a Hundred" as his username.......

At least going for it on fourth down you are giving the defense a chance to stop you. It isn't the winning teams job to stop themselves.

One thing that really got this going was putting Brady back in the Dolphins game. The backup had a pass intercepted and was generally playing sloppy, the Dolphins got back to within 14 points pretty quickly. They put the hammer down after that and Belichick was upset with the poor execution on offense and defense. He wants nothing more than perfect execution, after all, isn't that what we want to see the Sooners do?

Half a Hundred
11/18/2007, 11:13 PM
Says the person with "Half a Hundred" as his username.......

I just addressed this! :D

I'd like to think the NFL is a little more civilized than college football. Also, as we all know, the Sooners hanging half a hundred on opponents isn't necessarily running up the score. I'm pretty sure we can't mention someone's name on here because of that...

Vaevictis
11/18/2007, 11:13 PM
Class matters, but not as much as winning. People start talking about someone not having class when a) they're yours and they're losing or b) they're kicking your ***.

The Huskers are a nice example. Callenberger is a classless jerkoff, but if he was winning nobody would give a rip, except for the people he was beating who would accuse him of being a classless jerkoff. Now that it's clear he's a loser, all of a sudden people here in Lincoln care about his lack of class. Ugh.

Accusations of lack of class smack more of sour grapes than actual concern about a person's character.

How does this theory interact with the fact that most Sooner fans have been talking for years about how Callahan is a classless jerkoff?

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 11:16 PM
I just addressed this! :D
I saw that after my post :D

I'd like to think the NFL is a little more civilized than college football. Also, as we all know, the Sooners hanging half a hundred on opponents isn't necessarily running up the score. I'm pretty sure we can't mention someone's name on here because of that...

The NFL is more cut throat, it is just more uncommon that there is such a talent differential in the NFL. The fact the Patriots are doing this in the age of salary caps and free agency is just more exceptional.

King Crimson
11/18/2007, 11:18 PM
How does this theory interact with the fact that most Sooner fans have been talking for years about how Callahan is a classless jerkoff?

Dr. Tom never ran it up on people, just ask KU, KSU, ISU, Mizzou fans how they feel about Osborne?

TUSooner
11/18/2007, 11:22 PM
Which is more insulting:
The Pats "keep playing" when they have you whipped like a frikkin meringue
OR
(as happened last year)
The Saints have the Cowboys in a 5-TD hole and start taking a knee with 5 minutes left to go?

The taking a knee was consdered "classy" by some, but I thought it was an insulting gesture -- a very ostentatious and explicit way of saying "we own you" and rubbing the Cowboys's faces in it (and I'm a Saints fan!)

I say, keep playing !

(But college is different than the pros.)

Vaevictis
11/18/2007, 11:25 PM
Dr. Tom never ran it up on people, just ask KU, KSU, ISU, Mizzou fans how they feel about Osborne?

That's already accounted for in his theory, is it not? ;)

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 11:28 PM
Which is more insulting:
The Pats "keep playing" when they have you whipped like a frikkin meringue
OR
(as happened last year)
The Saints have the Cowboys in a 5-TD hole and start taking a knee with 5 minutes left to go?

The taking a knee was consdered "classy" by some, but I thought it was an insulting gesture -- a very ostentatious and explicit way of saying "we own you" and rubbing the Cowboys's faces in it (and I'm a Saints fan!)

I say, keep playing !

(But college is different than the pros.)
Like in the 77-0 A&M game? PT didn't know what to do, neither did Johnny Jolly.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2007, 02:25 AM
However, that being said, when you're up 35-7 and it's fourth down, would it kill you to just go for the field goal?

Switzer did that against the Packers and was roundly criticized by everyone, including his own fans. Then when his team took a knee against the Dolphins he was again criticized, again mostly by his own fans.

You can't please some people. I suggest with about four seconds left, Brady fake a knee and hit a long bomb for a cheap, meaningless TD against the Cowboys. That would be great. I would LMAO!!

r5TPsooner
11/19/2007, 08:00 AM
the NFL is so boring it's unreal, though it's treated like the most important thing on planet earth.

Interesting that you say that. I was watching my DirecTV yesterday morning with the wife. We decided to order a PPV HD movie on one of the PPV channels and when I went to order, I noticed that my PPV options were none and that the DTV guide was saying some weird stuff.

I finally call DirecTV and they tell me that they turn ALL of there PPV movie options off until all of the NFL Sunday Ticket games are completed due to bandwidth issues. I was not a happy camper and told the guy that I could give a rats *** about the NFL and the Sunday Ticket. He just apologized over and over then I hung up on his azz.

It was the 1st time that I've really been disappointed with DirecTV as they put the NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers over there non subscribing customers. Not to mention that they failed to mention that this would happen when I signed up for DTV during football season.

Socrefbek
11/19/2007, 08:10 AM
Interesting that you say that. I was watching my DirecTV yesterday morning with the wife. We decided to order a PPV HD movie on one of the PPV channels and when I went to order, I noticed that my PPV options were none and that the DTV guide was saying some weird stuff.

I finally call DirecTV and they tell me that they turn ALL of there PPV movie options off until all of the NFL Sunday Ticket games are completed due to bandwidth issues. I was not a happy camper and told the guy that I could give a rats *** about the NFL and the Sunday Ticket. He just apologized over and over then I hung up on his azz.

It was the 1st time that I've really been disappointed with DirecTV as they put the NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers over there non subscribing customers. Not to mention that they failed to mention that this would happen when I signed up for DTV during football season.

Serves you right for not being in church Sunday morning. ;)

SteelClip49
11/19/2007, 09:39 AM
If the Patriots do meet the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, it may be the first (and probably only) time that a vast majority of the country will be pulling for the Cowboys to win.

Screw the Cowboys. I am not a big fan of NE either but it's a lot better if NE wins than Dallas.

bri
11/19/2007, 10:03 AM

You've gotta love it when a guy that takes his internet name from Barry Switzer's famous quote of "hanging half a hundred on them by halftime" bitches and moans about someone else being classless for "running up the score"...

1890MilesToNorman
11/19/2007, 11:13 AM
The Pat's are enjoying being on top after decades of very bad teams (Kind of like Kansas). More power to them.

I'm a mediocre Pat's fan, only because I live among them.

Shneeg11
11/19/2007, 11:21 AM

Your Handle is Half a Hundred...Do you have any idea what that means??

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 11:24 AM
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENMT
RE: "Half a Hundred": Before anyone else comments on this matter, they should read Post #25 in this thread.
Thank you.
Carry on.
:D

The_Red_Patriot
11/19/2007, 11:27 AM
I love every minute of it being a Boston area sports fan since birth.
Bill & Co are ****ed off at the world and feel they have something to prove.

JohnnyMack
11/19/2007, 11:30 AM
Guys, we're Sooners. We can't talk **** about anyone running up the score on anyone.

1890MilesToNorman
11/19/2007, 11:30 AM
I would rather have Sooners dominate though. I am much more a a CFB fan than NFL.

I'm with you on this point! NFL just doesn't compare with the college game in my opinion.

Veritas
11/19/2007, 02:55 PM
I am not really a fan of running up the score. My definition of running up the score is pretty specific though. For example, throwing for a TD in the third quarter is never running it up, regardless of the score. If you fake a field goal with under a minute left to increase your lead to 42, then that is running up the score.

Running up the score is also a collegiate and below phenomenon IMO. If you are a pro team you deserve whatever the other team is able to do to you.
Post of the thread right here.

Half a Hundred
11/19/2007, 03:24 PM
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENMT
RE: "Half a Hundred": Before anyone else comments on this matter, they should read Post #25 in this thread.
Thank you.
Carry on.
:D

Thanks, man, but I can handle it. Funny how people think a SN I came up with four years ago should still represent my opinions on the matter. Not to mention, I'm not afraid to say that I hold the Sooners to a different standard compared to everyone else.

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 03:30 PM

Post of the thread right here.
Agree with that definition. especially the last bit. :twinkies:

JohnnyMack
11/19/2007, 03:58 PM
Agree with that definition. especially the last bit. :twinkies:

Kiss ***.

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 05:41 PM
Kiss ***.

Oh, you're just jealous because I never agree with idgits like you. :rolleyes:

But you can move up in my estimation (which you surely want to do) by telling me just exactly what is a "******nozzle" I reckon it's fairly bad, but I've never encountered that one

JohnnyMack
11/19/2007, 05:50 PM
Oh, you're just jealous because I never agree with idgits like you. :rolleyes:

But you can move up in my estimation (which you surely want to do) by telling me just exactly what is a "******nozzle" I reckon it's fairly bad, but I've never encountered that one

I don't think there's a good ending to this. I tell you that I know what a ******nozzle is and I look like a freak. I don't and you I'm in the TUSooner doghouse.

I'll say that some famous ******nozzles would be Mongo, 1tc, NickZepp and anyone else who has made Hairy's famous "Die in a Fire" list. Does that suffice?

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 05:51 PM
Maybe one of my daughters knows

bluedogok
11/19/2007, 11:06 PM
They make a whole lot more money off of NFL Sunday Ticket than they do PPV movies, I have Sunday Ticket and it ain't cheap. They are the exclusive provider for Sunday Ticket and it drives a bunch of people wanting NFL football to DirecTV to pay for base programming + NFL-ST. I have DirecTV for the sports, I also have MLB Extra innings and NHL Center Ice. I can always do Blockbuster or Netflix for movies, I usually just end up buying DVD's or Blu-ray movies instead of wasting time with PPV.

I don't buy any PPV movies, to ME those channels are a waste of bandwidth. Almost as much as the Bevo channel (Whorn sports, all day, every day :eek:) on the cable system here.

Clever Trevor
11/19/2007, 11:15 PM
Someone is going to light up Brady and that will take the smirk off of the hoodie's face. He's putting his players in harm's way because of his own vendetta. If any of you NE fans think he's doing this for you suffering through Grogan, then you are sadly mistaken. This is all about Bill.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2007, 11:19 PM
Its football from the opening kickoff til the clock reads zero.The object is to stop on defense and score on offense. I see no problems with any part of the game being played to the buzzer no matter what. And I definitely am not a Belichek or Patriot fan.

If one of his guys gets hurt, however, he s gonna go from being a genius back to being a idiot like he was in Cleveland.