PDA

View Full Version : The 17 Dollar Scam

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 08:25 PM
So this guy stops buy my hOUse and his car is in my driveway and says he's my neighbor 5 hOUses down and his Wife had to have the car towed home as she ruined the wheel by driving on it after it went flat. He goes on to say the tow truck driver won't take a check and he needs to borrow $17 dollars to pay the balance. I say "I'm sure they take credit cards and debit cards."

He says they don't. I say...have him follow you to your bank and cash a check there.

He gets frustrated and leaves.

Today at Church someone was talking about how this happened to them and they gave him the money and he never came back to pay them.

Evidently some of the folks that got hit have figured out where this guy actually lives and have turned him into the police.

I'm betting he's going to have lots of car problems too.

:D

VeeJay
11/18/2007, 08:34 PM
I'd have stiffed you for eighteen bucks.

Lucky you to be low-balled.

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 08:46 PM
Keep your stiffy away from me.:D

Ike
11/18/2007, 09:21 PM
ya know, if you ask someone to pick a number between 1 and 20, they tend to pick 17 more often than any other number.

KABOOKIE
11/18/2007, 11:03 PM
This reminds me of a beer money scam some dumb *** wino tried to pull on me. He comes scooting up in some Honda 50 Moped no doubt riding the thing because he's had too many DUI's and ask, "He bud can you spare me $5 for gas to get home?" I said NFW dude. $5 for gas? (this was back when gas was 85c/gal) $5 in gas on a Honda 50 would get you probably 1,000 miles.

I later saw the dude in a 7-11 not filling up but, buying beer. ****tard people should die!!! :mad:

Okla-homey
11/19/2007, 06:32 AM
So this guy stops buy my hOUse and his car is in my driveway and says he's my neighbor 5 hOUses down and his Wife had to have the car towed home as she ruined the wheel by driving on it after it went flat. He goes on to say the tow truck driver won't take a check and he needs to borrow $17 dollars to pay the balance. I say "I'm sure they take credit cards and debit cards."

He says they don't. I say...have him follow you to your bank and cash a check there.

He gets frustrated and leaves.

Today at Church someone was talking about how this happened to them and they gave him the money and he never came back to pay them.

Evidently some of the folks that got hit have figured out where this guy actually lives and have turned him into the police.

I'm betting he's going to have lots of car problems too.

:D

If a guy is too worthless (or stupid) to change to the spare (which has a nice wheel of it's own) even if his wife did ruin the wheel she was driving on by driving on a flat tire ---he doesn't deserve my 17.00. Even if he were telling the truth about his wife ruining the wheel.

Mjcpr
11/19/2007, 09:32 AM
I saw a story on that on Channel 6 News last week!

skycat
11/19/2007, 11:29 AM
If a guy is too worthless (or stupid) to change to the spare (which has a nice wheel of it's own) even if his wife did ruin the wheel she was driving on by driving on a flat tire ---he doesn't deserve my 17.00. Even if he were telling the truth about his wife ruining the wheel.

So a month or two ago my wife's 4Runner got a slow leak and she found it flat in the morning. In the process of changing the tire, the jack slipped, the SUV fell onto the tire, and the jack broke. That was a morning of pure fail.