PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the greatest political ad EVAR!

achiro
11/18/2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYv2YW6azE

GottaHavePride
11/18/2007, 07:32 PM
That is so awesome it defies words.

crawfish
11/18/2007, 07:51 PM
Sheer greatness.

Ike
11/18/2007, 09:24 PM
That was hilarious.

rufnek05
11/18/2007, 09:29 PM
awesome

Octavian
11/18/2007, 10:02 PM
I laughed

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 10:12 PM
Nice. :D

Jimminy Crimson
11/19/2007, 12:19 AM
Without even looking at it, I assume this is the HuckChuck ad?

One of the great political commercials of all time!

soonerboomer93
11/19/2007, 12:27 AM
I approve

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2007, 12:29 AM
That was awesome.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/19/2007, 12:38 AM
Clever Ad!

But my guess is, Huckabee will be a runner-up - just like Chuck was...

http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/brucelee/brucerodblockingnorris.jpg

HskrGrl
11/19/2007, 02:31 AM
I'm voting for Mike Huckabee now. And if you know what's good for you, you will too!! :O

OKC-SLC
11/19/2007, 08:47 AM
heh.

TUSooner
11/19/2007, 10:06 AM
heh
not yer average political ad, is it? :D

Widescreen
11/19/2007, 11:23 AM
We had a family gathering last night and were talking about Huckabee. If only I had seen this sooner. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2007, 12:36 PM
We had a family gathering last night and were talking about Huckabee. If only I had seen this sooner. :D1) What, have you voted already? 2) What, did you send Huckabee a dead catfish in the mail or somethin'?

OklahomaTuba
11/19/2007, 12:51 PM
While I can't stand his last name, and he has bad teeth, I really respect the hell out of the guy.

Is somehow He, McCain and Rudy could all be rolled into one person, that just might be enough to stop Mrs. Pants-Suit.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2007, 12:57 PM
While I can't stand his last name, and he has bad teeth, I really respect the hell out of the guy.

Is somehow He, McCain and Rudy could all be rolled into one person, that just might be enough to stop Mrs. Pants-Suit.

So the three very worst GOP candidates combined would make one super duper candidate who is even less conservative than any of those three parts put together?

Oh boy! Where do I sign up for some of that big-government action?

11/19/2007, 12:57 PM

Is somehow He, McCain and Rudy could all be rolled into one person, that just might be enough to stop Mrs. Pants-Suit.You need to order the three-way-roll-'em-up contraption from WalMart. I have one already, and I expect to have a hybrid of Pauly Shore, Hulk Hogan and Plaxico Burress, if I can just figure out the Chinese instructions. Help me out, here!

OklahomaTuba
11/19/2007, 01:02 PM
So the three very worst GOP candidates combined would make one super duper candidate who is even less conservative than any of those three parts put together?

Oh boy! Where do I sign up for some of that big-government action?

Worst?

How so???

Each of those GOP candidates have more successful & relevant experience than all three donks, combined.

11/19/2007, 01:07 PM
Worst?

How so???

Each of those GOP candidates have more successful & relevant experience than all three donks, combined.I doubt whether SicEm is really fond of the D folks, either singly or 3-way combos.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2007, 01:16 PM
Worst?

How so???

Each of those GOP candidates have more successful & relevant experience than all three donks, combined.

How is experience that big an issue? It's not a major concern of mine. There have been very good Presidents with very little Executive experience and very poor Presidents with lots of it.

I don't like them because, and this may come as a shock to you, they aren't all that conservative.

I distrust Huckabee becasue he's of the evangelical right and they've proven over the years to care little for restraints on Federal power when it comes to legislating morality. They don't care nearly as much for limited Federal government as they do for biblical law. Now, combine that with the fact that Huckabee was a big spender back in Arkansas who had no problem spending money on social programs and raising taxes while doing it. He's used that horrible line, "I'm a conservative but I'm not mean about it." That's even worse than Bush's "compassionate conservatism" which its modeled on and I want no part of again.

I'm assuming that even you understand the problems with McCain over the years ranging from CFR to the border.

And Rudy? Are you kidding me? I think I'd rather just dig up Nelson Rockefeller and hand the party over to him if we're going to go the "Rudy route."

L-I-M-I-T-E-D
G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T

11/19/2007, 01:45 PM
How is experience that big an issue? It's not a major concern of mine. There have been very good Presidents with very little Executive experience and very poor Presidents with lots of it.

I don't like them because, and this may come as a shock to you, they aren't all that conservative.

I distrust Huckabee becasue he's of the evangelical right and they've proven over the years to care little for restraints on Federal power when it comes to legislating morality. They don't care nearly as much for limited Federal government as they do for biblical law. Now, combine that with the fact that Huckabee was a big spender back in Arkansas who had no problem spending money on social programs and raising taxes while doing it. He's used that horrible line, "I'm a conservative but I'm not mean about it." That's even worse than Bush's "compassionate conservatism" which its modeled on and I want no part of again.

I'm assuming that even you understand the problems with McCain over the years ranging from CFR to the border.

And Rudy? Are you kidding me? I think I'd rather just dig up Nelson Rockefeller and hand the party over to him if we're going to go the "Rudy route."

L-I-M-I-T-E-D
G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-TSo, who's your latest fave candidate?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/19/2007, 05:42 PM
The right wants wicked witch Hillary as president

Andrew Sullivan

Not many things unite conservatives and Republicans these days. The libertarians seethe openly at the Christian right. The fiscal conservatives scowl at the compassionate free spenders of the Bush years. The foreign policy realists despise the Woodrow Wilson-like idealists who dragged them into Iraq.

Even the Christian right is split. The younger evangelical leaders are increasingly interested in questions of social justice and the environment. The current establishment, represented by James Dobson's Focus on the Family organisation, regard Rudy Giuliani as beyond the pale. The old guard, Pat Robertson, has just endorsed the cross-dressing former mayor of New York to defeat what he called Islamic "blood lust". Still others want a third party.

The primary race is, for orderly Republicans, in an extremely volatile flux. Mitt Romney has poured vast amounts of his own money to secure polling leads in New Hampshire and Iowa, but is still only at around 10% nationally. Fred Thompson's campaign keeps puttering a few hundred feet above the ground. John McCain is loathed by many in the base, but paradoxically remains the most authentic and viable pro-life candidate in the race. And between them they have raised only a fraction of the large sums now acquired by the Democratic candidates.

So what can possibly bring them together? I asked this of that old war horse Patrick Buchanan a while back. Despite massive differences in social policy, Buchanan and I found ourselves in somewhat uncomfortable agreement about the sorry state of the American right. But he had hope in his heart. "There is one candidate who can truly still unite the party," he said, a little Hibernian twinkle in his eye. "The only trouble is she's running for the other side."

For good or ill, Buchanan has a point. One of the remarkable aspects of the current race has been the way in which many on the right have been absolutely certain that Hillary Clinton will be the next president. In fact I know of no Republicans in Washington who even entertain the idea that she won't at least be the Democratic nominee. And there's a strange insistence on this, despite some rough recent weeks for Clinton on the campaign trail, despite a dead heat between Clinton, John Edwards and Barack Obama in Iowa in the polls, and despite the fact that a freshman senator, Obama, has managed in a few months to rival her both in organisation and funding.

Part of the Republicans' certainty is related, I think, to the fact that most of them actively and not too discreetly want Clinton to be the Democratic nominee. This is not because they think they know how to beat her. Most of the time they seem to think they can't. Their appraisal of her political skills seems occasionally absurd. In the current conservative bible, National Review, two young Republican scribes characterise her campaign as near "flawless". Her former bte noire Matt Drudge called her "Queen of the quarter" after a recent fundraising drive.

Among the neoconservatives there is obviously sympathy for her against the most decisively antiwar candidates, Obama and Edwards. Many publicly prefer her to the insurgent antiwar candidate in their own ranks, Texas congressman Ron Paul. Privately some neocons see her as an important substantive successor to Bush, perpetuating and retroactively legitimising the Iraq occupation. She did vote for it, after all, they tell themselves. And her constant attempt to stay to the right of her opponents in the primaries has led to the bizarre spectacle of some well known Republicans showering her with thinly veiled support on Fox News.

At the same time, of course, some of this support is self-interested. Over the past few months, in a divisive and dispiriting campaign on the fractured right, Clinton has become essential to Republican fundraising. Republican party direct mail is so skewed towards scaring their base voters about the wicked witch of New York state that the partys coffers could run suddenly dry if Obama were to steal the nomination away from her. National Review, while lauding her campaign as brilliant, ran ads for a week recently begging for donations to its website in order to stop Hillary.

Giuliani cannot wait to run a brutal campaign against her, and tries to deploy her name in every debate. Online, Facebooks page devoted entirely to stopping her exceeds the popularity of many Republican candidates and appeals to a much more diverse and younger crowd.

There is simply something about her and the murky relationship she has with her husband and former president that clearly strikes some kind of deep nerve, not just in the heartland, but also in blue-state America where many loyal Democrats simply do not trust her. Around 50% of Americans still say they wouldnt vote for her under any circumstances. And this unease is one of the last ways in which an exhausted and bankrupt Republican party can actually persuade its members to give it money and votes.

The more cynical Republicans even believe that a third Clinton term if you count the two in the 1990s would be good for their party. They dont believe Clinton would lead to a major shift from the status quo. Shes far too cautious, they think, to pull out of Iraq and stigmatise the Republican occupation as unnecessary and a mistake. Shes too conventional to do anything but tinker with climate change. They know some kind of expansion of the healthcare welfare state is inevitable and with Clinton they can score more political capital off it if it leads to unintended consequences.

So she does not threaten to alter the political landscape against Republicans too dramatically. And her political skills are nowhere near her husbands. Some Republicans think one term of Hillary could undo all the horrific memories of two terms of Bush with respect to party identity and loyalty.

And in opposition to Clinton and a Democratic Congress the Republicans could engage in some healthy bloodletting, debate and regrouping, all the while confident that a Clinton presidency would mean a torrent of money into the party machine, a boon to conservative publishing and media, and a handy, reliable target against whom to direct all their ire. They can barely wait. Traffic for Drudge would soar. Ratings for Fox News would go through the roof. And it would be over soon, they assume.

They could be wrong, of course. Bill Clinton benefited in the end from Republican rage at him. His wife is a resilient if charm-free figure. Between them they have studied how to enlarge the power and role of government while soothing the middle classes with plenty of communitarian micro-measures. And the first woman president may also serve to cement a new era of Democratic dominance.

This, it seems, is a risk many Republicans are prepared to take. In this surprising primary campaign the woman they love to hate has turned out to be not so anathema to them after all.

achiro
11/19/2007, 07:35 PM
You guys need to stop gheying up my thread. Chuck Norris may just kick your *** for it.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2007, 07:46 PM
So, who's your latest fave candidate?
My candidates remain the same. Fred Thompson and Ron Paul -- if either of them don't win the nomination then I'm abstaining.

Widescreen
11/19/2007, 07:51 PM
I've seen nothing to indicate that Fred Thompson is a serious candidate. When he looked like he was going to run, I was definitely for him. Now, not so much.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2007, 11:05 PM
I've seen nothing to indicate that Fred Thompson is a serious candidate. When he looked like he was going to run, I was definitely for him. Now, not so much.
The less politicians work the less of your liberty they're destroying.

Sooner_Havok
11/19/2007, 11:23 PM
L-I-M-I-T-E-D
G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T

What is that? Some outdated, antiquated. political idea :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2007, 12:59 AM
What is that? Some outdated, antiquated. political idea :rolleyes:
Apparently so.

It went out of style about 142 years ago.