PDA

View Full Version : things that I don't get

usmc-sooner
11/18/2007, 06:06 PM
1) It took us this long into the season to realize that a 3 man rb platoon is not good? RB's aren't going to be in the flow of the game when they don't even play a full series.
2) Back up QB should be handing off throwing to TE not deep outs
3) How is it when were winning by 30 we can run reverses and reverse passes, at A&M we can line Murray up QB but when our offense can only manage 2 FG in 3 quarters we can't use this.
4) our Defense--Walker, Smith, Renold, Lofton, Granger and McCoy were all top 5 recruits.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 06:08 PM
5)Family Circus- Why is that supposed to be funny?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/18/2007, 06:10 PM
6) Who ARE these people!?

usmc-sooner
11/18/2007, 06:12 PM
I also don't get why we have instant replay.

Family Circus is not funny

Theskipster
11/18/2007, 06:14 PM
1) It took us this long into the season to realize that a 3 man rb platoon is not good? RB's aren't going to be in the flow of the game when they don't even play a full series.

I'm with you, but I would feel really bad if AP didn't get a lot of carries based on what he did for us last year.

2) Back up QB should be handing off throwing to TE not deep outs

I agree, but he also needed to get comfortable. It kind of worked. But we really need to run more on those critical close scoring downs.

3) How is it when were winning by 30 we can run reverses and reverse passes, at A&M we can line Murray up QB but when our offense can only manage 2 FG in 3 quarters we can't use this.

Kevin Wilson gets as rattled as a Freshman when OU is getting whipped.

4) our Defense--Walker, Smith, Renold, Lofton, Granger and McCoy were all top 5 recruits.

With the exception of Walker, they all had a good game especially in the second half, but now you know why good DE's are critical to the type of defense we run.

stoopified
11/18/2007, 07:51 PM
What I don't get is how some people don't understand how losing the #1 rated(in the country) paseer screws up your chances to win.If Sam plays the whole game I guarantee we sore at least 2 TDs in the first half,keep TT O off the field and play better on D because we aren't on the field all night.With Sam we win by 2+TDs,without him we lose by a TD.

85sooners
11/18/2007, 08:08 PM
I'm with you, but I would feel really bad if AP didn't get a lot of carries based on what he did for us last year. screw that best player should be in to give us our best chance of making a play.

usmc-sooner
11/18/2007, 08:12 PM
What I don't get is how some people don't understand how losing the #1 rated(in the country) paseer screws up your chances to win.If Sam plays the whole game I guarantee we sore at least 2 TDs in the first half,keep TT O off the field and play better on D because we aren't on the field all night.With Sam we win by 2+TDs,without him we lose by a TD.

really so far off I don't know where to begin. Are you saying our D was gassed by halftime but recovered in the 2nd half? or are you saying that the plays we called were good for Hazle?

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 08:13 PM
I'm with you, but I would feel really bad if AP didn't get a lot of carries based on what he did for us last year.

I agree, but he also needed to get comfortable. It kind of worked. But we really need to run more on those critical close scoring downs.

Kevin Wilson gets as rattled as a Freshman when OU is getting whipped.

With the exception of Walker, they all had a good game especially in the second half, but now you know why good DE's are critical to the type of defense we run.

Careful now, some people on here refuse to accept the fact that our coaching staff has bad games just like players

SOONER44EVER
11/18/2007, 08:16 PM
I don't get how we never have a backup QB who has any experience when we have so many blowout wins. Well............I actually do get it, I just don't agree with it.