PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys/Skins and ROY

msteudem
11/18/2007, 04:27 PM
I love Roy Williams. One the best Sooners ever... but he couldn't cover my Grandma.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 04:52 PM
I love Roy Williams. One the best Sooners ever... but he couldn't cover my Grandma.

isnt your grandma 6'4 250 and runs a 4.4 forty?

85sooners
11/18/2007, 05:01 PM
lol

StormySooner-IN
11/18/2007, 05:17 PM
lol
:confused:

;)

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 05:50 PM
Most safeties in the league can't cover; that's why they are safeties instead of corners

Big Red Ron
11/18/2007, 05:53 PM
He's not a Free safety either. He's a run stopper that can cover better than a Line Backer.

Thanks for your infinite wisdom though.

Socrefbek
11/18/2007, 05:57 PM
He's not a Free safety either. He's a run stopper that can cover better than a Line Backer.

Thanks for your infinite wisdom though.

Do you always try to be such a sarcastic Ahole or does it just come naturally.:confused:

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 07:46 PM
Man those Washington safeties sure can cover; wish Dallas had them :)

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 07:51 PM
Roy is an undersized linebacker. Love him for what he did for the Sooners, and he'll always be a Sooner legend, but he is a pass coverage liability. Of course so was the rest of the Cowboys secondary today.

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 07:51 PM
I guess Roy played good enough for his team to win again...

Dallas should get someone good enough to lose a few games.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 07:55 PM
Am i the only person that sees that all safeties in the league get beaten deep on a weekly basis?

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 07:56 PM
It's because they are off the roids.

Charla
11/18/2007, 08:08 PM
Does your Grandma play for Tech.

msteudem
11/18/2007, 08:17 PM
Does your Grandma play for Tech.

Actually my Grandma plays for God's team she died 9 years ago.

Roy is a great run stopper and he made a great tackle in the game today to force a punt. I am just saying if you look at a lot of the teams that Dallas has played against that have good tightends or fullbacks they seem to always score tds on Roy one on one. I wished that Dallas would play him more on the los. Dallas is now 9-1! At least one of the teams I root for won this weekend.

peanous
11/18/2007, 08:18 PM
Keyshawn said on the NFL network Roy personally cost Dallas two wins against the Skins.

I love Roy! All those that dont can kiss my butt

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 08:20 PM
Keyshawn said on the NFL network Roy personally cost Dallas two wins against the Skins.

I love Roy! All those that dont can kiss my butt
**** You Keyshawn; you were the most over-rated receiver in the history of the NFL:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 08:37 PM
BTW, how about TO and his 4Td's? The Washington safeties got torched in the second half

TUSooner
11/18/2007, 10:04 PM
If Grandma is a free agent, I think the Saints would like to talk to her.

47straight
11/18/2007, 10:32 PM
Keyshawn is mad because he just wanted Roy to throw him the **** ball!

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2007, 11:01 PM
Keyshawn is mad because he just wanted Roy to throw him the **** ball!

Yeah, I wish Phil Simms would just hold up Key's book whenever he goes off on "Why can't these receivers just play the game" when talking about Chad Johnson and TO. What a hypocritical ********* that guy is...

SCOUT
11/18/2007, 11:20 PM
BTW, how about TO and his 4Td's? The Washington safeties got torched in the second half

Roy definitely has his problems in coverage as that is not his strong suit. It is curious though that Roy is the one called out here and Washington's safeties basically forgot to cover TO.

IMO Roy has improved to mediocre in pass coverage this year. A lot of that has to do with the defense the Cowboys are playing but it seems he has improved his angles a little bit.

He also looks tentative on the big hits. They were discussing on The Ticket a couple of weeks ago about how Roy knows that he is one bad call from being suspended and that is affecting the way he tackles.

Anyway, Roy is great safety who isn't perfect. He was pretty dang close to perfect in college though :D

DallasLoanGuy
11/18/2007, 11:52 PM
Roy is a great athlete.... just not a great cover man.
If they can't find a better spot for him, then they need to find another player... because his cover isn't good.
Too bad he couldn't just play up on the line like a Monster Back and provide some disruption...

tulsaoilerfan
11/19/2007, 12:15 AM
Roy definitely has his problems in coverage as that is not his strong suit. It is curious though that Roy is the one called out here and Washington's safeties basically forgot to cover TO.

IMO Roy has improved to mediocre in pass coverage this year. A lot of that has to do with the defense the Cowboys are playing but it seems he has improved his angles a little bit.

He also looks tentative on the big hits. They were discussing on The Ticket a couple of weeks ago about how Roy knows that he is one bad call from being suspended and that is affecting the way he tackles.

Anyway, Roy is great safety who isn't perfect. He was pretty dang close to perfect in college though :D
I know you were agreeing with me Scout; that's why i gave you the spek; all we ever hear is when Roy struggles(and he does) but nothing about all the other safeties in the league that get torched also; by my count just in today's game the Washington safeties got torched on 3 of 4 TO TD's; hell you see long plays every week in the passing game so you know there have to be some more of them getting burned also; i'm just tired if people, not necessarily here, making it like Roy is the only safety around that can't cover

SoonerGM
11/19/2007, 12:57 AM
i think it is because he is just a big name. most of the other big name safeties are actually in the FS position and they can cover decently well. so i think he gets compared to them a lot too. btw, roy lead the team with interceptions last year. not bad for what many believe to be the worst pass defender in the league...

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 01:01 AM
btw, roy lead the team with interceptions last year. not bad for what many believe to be the worst pass defender in the league...

You realize a big reason for this is because teams throw his way a lot, so of course he's going to get some of them.

Facts are facts: Roy is a great run-stopper, a hard hitter, and an all-time Sooner legend. He is not good in pass coverage.

edit...yeah I know, most safeties aren't good in pass coverage, and that's why they're safeties.

SoonerGM
11/19/2007, 01:08 AM
your logic could also be used in this way: teams throw his way a lot so of course he is going to get burned on some of them.

i did not say he is good in pass coverage. but i do think he is overly criticized. there are other safeties that play just as poorly in coverage but do not hit like roy.

all that said, he was a total stud in his rookie year in the nfl. since then, he hasnt even come close to that kind of success.

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 01:18 AM
your logic could also be used in this way: teams throw his way a lot so of course he is going to get burned on some of them.

Ahhhh, now we're getting to it: there is a reason teams throw his way a lot. These NFL guys are for the most part pretty darn smart when it comes to the game of football, and there is usually a rhyme and reason for everything they do. I mean they spend hours on this stuff, breaking down film, devising game plans, you name it, so if they are throwing Roy's way a lot there is a definite reason for it.

Like many of us on here have said: Roy is great near the LOS, it would be in the Cowboys best interest to keep him near there. That is why they acquired Ken Hamlin, to take some of the coverage pressure off of Roy, but once again you see, these NFL guys are smart so they come up with offensive packages that require Roy to play coverage.

47straight
11/19/2007, 02:11 AM
I'm to tired to repost them again. Go look up the stats for the team last year for interceptions and pass deflections. Then think about why the strong safety is beating the corners on those stats.

soonersn20xx
11/19/2007, 06:09 AM
Well, if you don't see a big problem with his cover skills, then you are just being a homer. When QBs come to the line, they all look to see who #31 will be covering. His ineptness is so glaring, I don't see how he is on the field.

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 08:09 AM
Well, if you don't see a big problem with his cover skills, then you are just being a homer. When QBs come to the line, they all look to see who #31 will be covering. His ineptness is so glaring, I don't see how he is on the field.

OK, I'm willing to admit his cover skills are not very good, but this is a bit strong.