PDA

View Full Version : Possible redshirt for Nichol

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 03:43 PM
I m thinking he comes down with the same mysterious injuried Jason White did in 1999, who in spite of playing in 2 games was granted a medical redshirt. I think its definitely a possibility

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 04:01 PM
IF there isn't some sort of medical redshirt, then i'm completely puzzled why the coaches would waste a year for mop up duty; then again, this wouldn't be the first time

OUAndy1807
11/18/2007, 05:53 PM
this is exactly what i've been thinking

85Sooner
11/18/2007, 06:20 PM
IF there isn't some sort of medical redshirt, then i'm completely puzzled why the coaches would waste a year for mop up duty; then again, this wouldn't be the first time

ANOTHER genius decision i guess.

starclassic tama
11/18/2007, 07:01 PM
he hasn't played past the first 3 games, he can get a redshirt anyways without an injury.

jkjsooner
11/18/2007, 08:05 PM
he hasn't played past the first 3 games, he can get a redshirt anyways without an injury.

No offense, starclassic, but this has been refuted a thousand times. If you play a single down anytime during the season and do not qualify for a medical redshirt you lose a year of eligibility.

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/eligibility-recruiting/faqs/eligibility_seasons.html

opksooner
11/18/2007, 09:24 PM
No offense, starclassic, but this has been refuted a thousand times. If you play a single down anytime during the season and do not qualify for a medical redshirt you lose a year of eligibility.

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/eligibility-recruiting/faqs/eligibility_seasons.html

No problemo! Just find a doc who will state that he "qualifies". It's been done before, ya think?

Suerreal
11/18/2007, 11:37 PM
I've heard something about some obscure rule that if a player plays a few downs, but not too many downs as a true freshman, and his team agrees to to a transfer request, the next year can be a redshirt year instead of a year of lost eligibility.

Anyone else hear of this?