PDA

View Full Version : I think some of you need to get over the Leach lovin'

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 03:31 PM
It amazes me that 8 years after he left OU, there are still people on here that like Mike Leach; he was only there for 1 year and helped get this program back on the right track, but as far as i'm concerned he is the enemy and should be treated as such; i can overlook the Mangino lovin'(for now) but only because we don't play Kansas every season like we do Tech; Leach has now beaten us 2 out of the last 3 times we have faced them and is going to be a tough matchup every year for us and he needs to be treated just like any other opposing coach

AverageJoe
11/18/2007, 03:46 PM
Please. I have met and hung out with Leach and with Mangino and they are both great guy's with great stories. Very approachable and would talk to you all night at Othello's. Yes Mike has a very strange sense of humor but he has never done or said anything negative about or to OU besides beat us twice. He does not control the refs. If you do not think he knows he did not win that game two years ago you're crazy. He knows it. I'm sure when he watches tape today he see's the TD as well and say's something funny.

Now with that said Bob Knight can kiss it, Les Miles can suck it, Mack can clap his hands while he sucks it, and Mike Gundy can spike his hair while Sutton sucks it after he's had few drinks.

AJ

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 03:49 PM
Leach is fine by me.

Anyone who wants to hate him simply because he's on the other sideline is welcome to their own twisted way of looking at things.

Texas Golfer
11/18/2007, 03:52 PM
Leach is not my enemy. He's a great guy and I wish him well. He can't help it that Tech fans are morons.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 03:56 PM
Leach is fine by me.

Anyone who wants to hate him simply because he's on the other sideline is welcome to their own twisted way of looking at things.
Never said anything about hating him, just don't understand why so many people are still such fans of his; somehow if he coached at Texas or OSU i don't think this would be true

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 03:57 PM
Pat Jones coached at OSU and I think he's quite a guy.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 04:01 PM
I even like Mack Brown. The fact that they coach an opposing football team doesn't mean I have to hate them.

There are only a few coaches I truly despise:

Darrell Royal (sore loser)
Bill Walsh (arrogant jackass)
Pete Carroll (zero ethics)
Jimmy Johnson (another arrogant jackass)
Dick Butkus (maybe the most arrogant jackass of them all)

That's about it. Most coaches I think are genuinely nice people.

There are some coaches that I would love to know personally:

Bobby Bowden (usually gives tons of props to his opponents)
Joe Paterno (keeps it all in perspective)
Pat Jones (good ole' boy)
Mike Leach (how can anyone truly hate him?)
Mark Mangino

Texas Golfer
11/18/2007, 04:03 PM
I even like Mack Brown. The fact that they coach an opposing football team doesn't mean I have to hate them.

Mark Mangino

Bill Callahan is at the top of my hate list.

85sooners
11/18/2007, 04:04 PM
:eek:

AverageJoe
11/18/2007, 04:18 PM
Can you truly leave out Bob Knight I know is basketball but come on Coaches Hate list.

AJ

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 07:18 PM
My wife is a Tech grad and can't stand the fact that Knight is the basketball coach there.

I like Leach, Mack and Mangino but if it came down to them needing a loss to better OU's position to get to the CCG, I have no problem wanting their teams to lose. If it isn't going to help them in that situation then a win usually will help OU more in SOS. As far as I am concerned, OSU doesn't fit in that criteria, an OSU loss in ANYTHING is ALWAYS a good thing.

GottaHavePride
11/18/2007, 07:19 PM
I have no problem seeing Leach's team lose, but I like the guy. He's crazy smart and has a goofy sense of humor.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 08:11 PM
I like Leach and think he's a good football coach. The fact that he's beaten us 2 out of the last 3 times he's faced us is not his fault, it's OUrs.

edit...I guess maybe it is sort of his fault he's beating us, but dude's got a job to do after all.

okcusooner
11/18/2007, 10:21 PM
I like Leach and think he's a good football coach. The fact that he's beaten us 2 out of the last 3 times he's faced us is not his fault, it's OUrs.

edit...I guess maybe it is sort of his fault he's beating us, but dude's got a job to do after all.

I agree. If Stoops decided he'd rather be fishing and up and quit tomorrow, I'd sure be happy with Leach as his replacement.

SoonerStormchaser
11/18/2007, 11:53 PM
Why in the hell isn't Schnelly or Lester at the top of most peoples's list?

My respect for Leach dropped after his rant over the officials last week, but I still don't hate the guy.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 11:59 PM
My respect for Leach dropped after his rant over the officials last week,

Not me, only made me like him more. :D

Big Red Ron
11/19/2007, 12:09 AM
I like Leach. I'll like him even more after he takes the UCLA jorb tho.

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:19 AM
I like Leach. I'll like him even more after he takes the UCLA jorb tho.

ARRRGGGGG, that would be a good fit for him, me thinks.

tulsaoilerfan
11/19/2007, 12:21 AM
Naw, the job for Leach would be Michigan; the big 10 needs some exciting football that's for damn sure. :)

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:22 AM
Naw, the job for Leach would be Michigan; the big 10 needs some exciting football that's for damn sure. :)

To hear the talk the MeatChicken job is Lester's.

goingoneight
11/19/2007, 12:27 AM
Can you imagine if Les jumps ship for Michigan, Aubbie kicks Tubbervillie out like ignorant jackasses and Nutt leaves? Talk about the SEC taking a major hit.

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:28 AM
Can you imagine if Les jumps ship for Michigan, Aubbie kicks Tubbervillie out like ignorant jackasses and Nutt leaves? Talk about the SEC taking a major hit.

Oh no, in case you haven't heard the SEC is the best conference out there, wouldn't faze them a bit. ;)

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:29 AM
What about Leach to LSU?

Big Red Ron
11/19/2007, 12:34 AM
What about Leach to LSU?No Defense. That's why UCLA works for him.

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:42 AM
No Defense. That's why UCLA works for him.

...but if he could convince Pellini to stay? I don't think this is likely by the way, just wanted to float it out there.

rainiersooner
11/19/2007, 12:42 AM
Any guy who calls A&M out for playing soldier is okay in my book. That was some good stuff.

swardboy
11/19/2007, 09:10 AM

Mark Mangino

I'm betting you meant Mike Ditka instead of Butkus....old Bears.