PDA

View Full Version : iphone question?

OUHOMER
11/18/2007, 01:18 PM
Its says you can search the interweb. My question is can you access ebay on it.
see listings, place bids etc?

:pop:

proud gonzo
11/18/2007, 01:20 PM
...i would assume you could browse it, but i don't know if you could place bids.

OUHOMER
11/18/2007, 01:25 PM
...i would assume you could browse it, but i don't know if you could place bids.

Well, thats what i was thinking, just wondering if bids could be placed, and how well does it work in the middle of nowhere?

proud gonzo
11/18/2007, 02:25 PM
lemme ask for you...

TheLurker
11/18/2007, 02:27 PM
There's an iPhone web app made just for that.

iphonemyebay.com

you can test it with your current browser.

proud gonzo
11/18/2007, 02:30 PM
yeah--i just checked with somebody. he said you can bid on stuff and as far as working in the middle of nowhere, "you can get a wifi network and not have any bars. it will work on the edge network if there are no available wifi networks. it runs the normal full internet on the edge network like most cell phones run the phone internet. if there are no cell towers and you're in the desert, well, then you're not going to be able to do anything aside from listen to music, browse pictures, contacts, etc"

so there you go. straight from an apple store employee

TheLurker
11/18/2007, 02:33 PM
The above link would probably be best to use when you don't have wifi access. It's not too heavy on graphics.

OUHOMER
11/18/2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks to both of you, Thats the exact info i needed. I am doing some selling on ebay and I have run into some deals but needed to know what they were selling for on ebay.... Now when i am out and about i could check prices before i but the stuff i am looking at. I hate running home check prices and than running back..

This will be a neat tool., I know what i want for christmas :D

VeeJay
11/18/2007, 06:31 PM
http://www.newswire.ca/images/rtphotos/Photo-6204.jpg

TheLurker
11/18/2007, 07:01 PM
Just don't buy an iPhone on ebay. There's supposedly a bunch of iPhone scams on ebay now.