PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad we have Stoops, Venables and Halzle

landrun
11/18/2007, 01:02 PM
Stoops is a great coach. So is Venables. We shut them out in the second half with the exception of their quick score on a short field after our bone-head fake punt screw up.

And Halzle was a warrior in the second half. He threw THREE TD passes and took this game to overtime except that we got hosed by Southwest Conference officials AGAIN. I think that might have been the best 4th Qtr in OU history had we not had to endure corrupt officials and 'replay technicians'.

Some of the posts on this board are proof that 'you get stupid when you get mad' because the posts calling for firings etc... is outright DUMB.

josh09
11/18/2007, 01:05 PM
DUMB is right!

I couldnt agree more with this.

UTsucks
11/18/2007, 01:09 PM
Stoops is a great coach. So is Venables. We shut them out in the second half with the exception of their quick score on a short field after our bone-head fake punt screw up.

And Halzle was a warrior in the second half. He threw THREE TD passes and took this game to overtime except that we got hosed by Southwest Conference officials AGAIN. I think that might have been the best 4th Qtr in OU history had we not had to endure corrupt officials and 'replay technicians'.

Some of the posts on this board are proof that 'you get stupid when you get mad' because the posts calling for firings etc... is outright DUMB.

Dumb what? I think we all want to know WHY OU can't win on the road or in a BCS? That is the question. You have to beat teams your supposed to KILL. Remember Iowa State? CO? TT is a weak team, they have no running game none zip NOTA.

Get off the officals crap. How about 3 times in the red zone and FG's vs TD's............. THAT is why OU lost. :texan:

landrun
11/18/2007, 01:21 PM
TT has no running game??

Yes they do. It's called shovel passes and screens. That's their version of the run you're just to short-sighted to see it!

Man up and defend your logic. WHO should we replace our coaches with? Who's better??

I ASSURE you that Michigan, Alabama, Notre-Dame and even Texas, USC and Nebraska doesn't think that Stoops is over-paid or over-rated (though fans of the latter three schools may not admit it.).

Stoops has EARNED his keep over and over again.

zeke
11/18/2007, 01:50 PM
I'm as frustrated as anyone and question some of the plays we call, but like landrun asks "Who is better?"

There are lots of teams out there that would jump at having Bob Stoops.

I'm proud of him, his record and what the man stands for.

There are several teams out there that have gotten rid of a good coach and come up with a dud...remember the 90's
or how about Nebraska.

DreamZ22
11/18/2007, 08:28 PM
Halzle did great for what he was thrown into. Has a great arm. Play calling was not for him to really succeed at first.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 08:30 PM
The only thing i even see is that Bob MIGHT let his coordinators run too much of the show; does he need to be more hands on?

North Dakota Sooner
11/18/2007, 08:45 PM
I think all message boards should be closed for atleast 12 hours following a loss due to irrational thinking and typing. Noone deserves to be fired, this is Big 12 football....not intramurals. If we havent learned anything else this year in college football, anyone can beat anyone else on any given saturday. I know it sounds cliche, but it is true this year more than ever, so just sit back enjoy the ride and wonderful year!! Big 12 champs and see you in AZ.

bred24
11/18/2007, 08:54 PM

Venables is good for a school like Okie St. Our DC we should have is in LSU, I really hope he ends up at Arkansas.