PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Moronic Firing Comments Here...

IGotNoTiming
11/18/2007, 12:11 PM
so I can read them in one convenient little thread..

All I am saying is sometimes you lose..... We have lost twice on the road this year. The Colorado game was more upsetting because we really beat ourselves that day. Tech just flat out manhandled us. Sometimes on Saturday your opponent is just better. We hate to see it-but look at how many top ranked teams have lost this year? We are on a long list...
Yeah I know there are some ignorant, bull-headed, flapjacks who will always say " Fire the coaches!!!!!" "He making too much!" To these people there is no arguing because THEY know everything. You people give me violent gas....

Boomer Sooner....

sooner59
11/18/2007, 12:14 PM
We were doomed from the start. Trump TOLD US we were fired.

yermom
11/18/2007, 12:14 PM
fire Mike Leach!

Rogue
11/18/2007, 12:37 PM
Fire the moronic Jerry Bible and his crew!

(not that they fumbled, concussed Sam, or thew for a bajillion yards to the same receiver)

But for years of teh succ, :les:fire 'em!

GrapevineSooner
11/18/2007, 12:40 PM
Fire whoever didn't put enough air in Bradford's helmet. ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
11/18/2007, 12:54 PM
I will go on record now as saying that the coaches DO INDEED make too much money. I, on the other hand, am grossly undercompensated.

That being said, fire the doctor that didn't let Sam back in the game!

badger
11/18/2007, 03:32 PM
My firing wish list:

-Mike Leach
Why: Because he whines after games he loses and blames refs, press clipping and the kitchen sink.

-Pete Carroll
Why: Because it would be funny... and he wins too much with players that get free houses.

-Dennis Franchione
Why: Because he embarrasses the conference, despite the amusing fact that he embarrasses Texas A&M and himself far more often.

-Bob Stoops
Why: Because it would make OU fans that want him and other OU coaches fired remember what life was like in the years before he and his staff came to town.

I kind of like winning and I kind of like having a respectable guy leading the way, demanding that the program win by following the rules, but on the occasion that he doesn't win, he doesn't make excuses.

You can pay anyone to fill a position, but it takes a high character man like Stoops to coach.

And now, to humor you... the non-firing list:

-Bill Callahan
Why: Because Nebraska used to beat us, but now they don't.

-Lloyd Carr
Why: Because if we ever make it back to the Rose Bowl, he's a guaranteed victory. Hail, Victors! (aka us, not them)

-Les Miles
Why: Because hate him or hate him more, his willingness to roll the dice, live on the edge and tired cliche for being ballsy make it fun to watch. Plus, this means any sucker in the country automatically has the chance to win.

-Mike Gundy
Why: Because as much as he would love to beat OU (he is an aggie, after all), he will not (he is an aggie, after all). Inakrut, you say? Well, look at the record. They win 10 percent of the time. Zzz. His hair gel and postgame speeches will give us aggie ammo for years to come.

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 03:48 PM
So who should be the next coach at OU??? I say Bill Callahan. He's completely classless and will likely pay recruits extra to come to OU.

Katy's Most Wanted
11/18/2007, 04:10 PM
I believe the consensus is not to fire Stoops, but Venables and Wilson.
If you are prepared properly and you don't win due to circumstances beyond your abilities then so be it.
But mistake after mistake, and unforced I might add, in two or three games per year that are major contributors to the loss is cause for concern. And it is the coaches job to prepare the kids for each game.
Just like in business, The CEO is responsible for performance and if his Senor Reports do not perform then they must make a change.
Now i am sure you are now going to say that winning the Big 12, losing only 2 games a year etc..... is suitable performance and if we were talking about Baylor, Texas etc... I would agree, but we are not.
We are talking about Oklahoma that is used to competing for the NC every year, and not accepting losing to lesser teams due not being prepared and coaching errors during the game.
Repeating the same mistakes over and over is not acceptable.

SoonerGirl06
11/18/2007, 04:16 PM
Get a life Katy. Seriously. In the overall scheme of things, 2 losses a year ain't that bad... look at Baylor. It could be worse.

Besides. It's a football game. There's more important things to get your panties in a wad about than losing 2 games...

kc sooner
11/18/2007, 04:19 PM
I believe the consensus is not to fire Stoops, but Venables and Wilson.
If you are prepared properly and you don't win due to circumstances beyond your abilities then so be it.
But mistake after mistake, and unforced I might add, in two or three games per year that are major contributors to the loss is cause for concern. And it is the coaches job to prepare the kids for each game.
Just like in business, The CEO is responsible for performance and if his Senor Reports do not perform then they must make a change.
Now i am sure you are now going to say that winning the Big 12, losing only 2 games a year etc..... is suitable performance and if we were talking about Baylor, Texas etc... I would agree, but we are not.
We are talking about Oklahoma that is used to competing for the NC every year, and not accepting losing to lesser teams due not being prepared and coaching errors during the game.
Repeating the same mistakes over and over is not acceptable.

AMEN!!!!

Nothing wrong with wanting the SOONERS to be the BEST, and expecting to beat teams with lesser talent! Colorado and TT are not very good teams, we should not lose to them. If we start Demarco Murray like we should, instead of Patrick, he probably doesn't fumble, Bradford doesn't get hurt, and we probably win.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 04:20 PM
Get a life Katy. Seriously. In the overall scheme of things, 2 losses a year ain't that bad... look at Baylor. It could be worse.

Besides. It's a football game. There's more important things to get your panties in a wad about than losing 2 games...

Its a good try but I dont think K speaks logic

jdsooner
11/18/2007, 04:33 PM
Fire Sherri Coale. The women's team is 0-2!

bred24
11/18/2007, 04:40 PM

To compare OU and Baylor is idiotic! Some people just shouldn't post. Take off your crimson colored glasses every once in a while.

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 04:48 PM
FIRE SANTIAGO RESTREPO!!!!1! HE CAN'T BEAT NEBRASKA, TEXASS 0R OSEWE!!1111111!