PDA

View Full Version : Be Thankful We're Not...

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 11:57 AM

Notre Dame fans, who cheered like they had won a national title when they scored their first TD against Duke. (Jimmy Clausen ran down the field waving his #1 finger after he threw the TD pass.)

Cal fans, having been named the #2 team in the nation and then promptly losing five out of their last six games. This team is lucky to be bowl eligible after having dreamed of winning a national title.

South Florida fans, who cried about respect and then promptly got to see their team lose its way out of not only the national title picture, but the Top-25 as well.

BC fans, who thought they had a chance to win the national title and the Heisman and promptly saw both go down the tubes.

Nebraska fans, who have seen their much vaunted defense go down to the very bottom in statistics.

Oregon fans, who thought they had it all set up for an MNC but could end up losing out because their top player is out for the rest of his college career and have no capable backup.

You see, it isn't so bad.

AverageJoe
11/18/2007, 12:01 PM
Points taken but I would take Brady Leaf over Joey Halzle.

AJ

sooner59
11/18/2007, 12:01 PM
Be thankful that we are Sooner fans and we will be back playing for a shot at a NC next year, unlike those teams and many like them.

josh09
11/18/2007, 12:05 PM
Points taken but I would take Brady Leaf over Joey Halze.

AJ

I dunno, Halzle played unexpectedly well last night, at least in the 2nd half.

josh09
11/18/2007, 12:06 PM

Notre Dame fans, who cheered like they had won a national title when they scored their first TD against Duke. (Jimmy Clausen ran down the field waving his #1 finger after he threw the TD pass.)

Cal fans, having been named the #2 team in the nation and then promptly losing five out of their last six games. This team is lucky to be bowl eligible after having dreamed of winning a national title.

South Florida fans, who cried about respect and then promptly got to see their team lose its way out of not only the national title picture, but the Top-25 as well.

BC fans, who thought they had a chance to win the national title and the Heisman and promptly saw both go down the tubes.

Nebraska fans, who have seen their much vaunted defense go down to the very bottom in statistics.

Oregon fans, who thought they had it all set up for an MNC but could end up losing out because their top player is out for the rest of his college career and have no capable backup.

Yes, this makes me feel more optimistic :D

lexsooner
11/18/2007, 12:09 PM

Or almost ten years ago, dump Gatorade on coach John Blake after we beat a bad Louisville team at home.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/18/2007, 12:10 PM
Well, at least everyone was prompt.

Imagine being this guy. He leaves his texas fanhood and family to sit on the bench for years. I've never even heard of him. His dad is a former texas qb and mom was a cheerleader. He walked on up at ou. I doubt that he has a scholly of any kind. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/photo;_ylt=Aim_eVgRqdyzTyo7oLA8ZLgcvrYF?slug=getty-76904538rm024_oklahoma_v_te&prov=getty)