PDA

View Full Version : Guess I have to Eat some crow

AverageJoe
11/18/2007, 11:08 AM
I was kinda bashing Oregon for falling apart without their starting QB. Oooops. Defense played well enough to win BUT really..............Mike Leech let up on us and his good friend Stoops. The play calling when they went up 34-13 was not Tech like.

It was just as obvious when Bradford went out that we started falling apart in every aspect of the game. So Sorry Oregon fans for bashing your team for doing the same thing.

I am curious that if Nichol is really worse than Halzle why we did not sign that Mike Weed JC QB kid out of Tyler CC last year. I guess there was really not a QB compettition in the Spring like we were led to beleive. Sam had to have been the front runner by MILES and MILES. I have not seen a Backup QB at OU play that bad since Jake Sills.

I REALLY hope Sammy plays against OSU because if he does not.........................................Oh the agony of dealing with aggot relatives.:eek:

Hope your noggin is OK Sammy

AJ

sooner59
11/18/2007, 11:23 AM
Halzle didnt play well the first few series, but he picked it up. I mean, what do you expect from a guy that has only received PT in a few blowouts this year? He actually did better than I thought he would. The way our defense was playing, when it got up to 27-7, I thought we would hammered 55-13 or something like that. Im just glad they woke up and started playing like they wanted to win the game, with or without Sam.

jdsooner
11/18/2007, 11:37 AM
Halzle went 21 of 41 for 291 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. It took time for him to get going, but that is to be expected with the little playing time he has received.

I think that one of Stoops flaws is not allowing backup quarterbacks more playing time.

insuranceman_22
11/18/2007, 11:51 AM
JH started terribly, but he did come on later....a little to late, but he made some plays. Defense woke up in the 2nd half too.....we just started (after the pick 6 return) to late........

AverageJoe
11/18/2007, 11:54 AM
Yeah it's been like that since his first year, but really if you watch other coaches/teams their backups hardly get in there either when you have one clear cut starter. But your right in the 4th qtr in all of those first 4 games Sammy could have taken a seat. But then again he's a Freshman and you want to see if he can last 4 qtrs and see how his arm holds out throwing 40-50 passes. It's a tough decision to make for a coach of young talent. If Sammy stay's the starter for the next three years I am sure you'll see him sitting in the 4th qtr of blowouts.

My question is will we see Nichol or Landry Jones? Cause if Nichol is really not as good as Halzle, warmed up or not, we should recruit another QB. Late in the game Halzle is still throwing WAYYYYYY off target. Did I expect him to come into a hostile environment and win the game? NO I figured we would lose when Sam went out. But I expected a little better for a #2 QB in the Stoops era. White, Hybl, Thompson were all backup QB's at OU, I really doubt that if Halzle played every 4th qtr of every single game this season that he could come close to being as good as those three Stoops ERA backup QB's. Sure we've been lucky to have such quality backups but I am still a little shocked that Nichol after all the hype was not the #2.

AJ