PDA

View Full Version : The Rest of the Year

Katy's Most Wanted
11/18/2007, 11:01 AM
we will kill OSU
We will Kill either Kansas or Missouri in San Antonio
We will kill whomever we play in the "Doesn't Count for S_ _ t" Bowl cause it ain't for the NC
What is wrong with this picture??

soonersn2007
11/18/2007, 11:04 AM
I think OSU beats us next week, I have lost confidence in this team's character and quite frankly alot of the coaching staff.

soonerloyal
11/18/2007, 11:22 AM
What's wrong with this picture is a bunch of whiner noobs/trolls are on here taking up precious bandwidth.

It's like coming up to an expensive buffet and seeing a party crasher sneeze into your favorite dish.
:mad:
Somebody call the bouncers...

kevpks
11/18/2007, 11:32 AM
I think OSU beats us next week, I have lost confidence in this team's character and quite frankly alot of the coaching staff.

So I guess there are only about three to five teams that have "character" and good coaching staffs since there are only a handful of undefeated and one loss teams. Why don't you go root for one of them? If you lost confidence in this team after watching last night's game, you didn't have much to begin with.

A Sooner in Texas
11/18/2007, 04:26 PM
we will kill OSU
We will kill whomever we play in the "Doesn't Count for S_ _ t" Bowl cause it ain't for the NC

You...and the guy you're on top of. :D

soonerboy_odanorth
11/18/2007, 04:32 PM
we will kill OSU

None of it is going to happen? :P

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 04:34 PM
Its bad when a thread is started like that but even worse when the 2nd post is equally as ridiculous

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 04:39 PM
Katy.......why don't you and '07 go ahead and "do it".

And spare us the details. We don't care which one bites the pillow.

rondog79
11/18/2007, 07:28 PM
is bradford out for osu?

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 08:39 PM
Probably too early to tell

Boomer Mooner
11/18/2007, 09:03 PM
It will be a great experience for Halsle if Bradfords not ready yet. He was looking pretty good in the last quarter of the TT game and will do us good to have someone with a little battle experience backing Bradford up.

If we lose either the next game or the Big 12 Champianship or our Bowl Game we can at least look forward to losing some of the band wagon xxxholes that fill this board full of crap when we lose.

okcusooner
11/18/2007, 09:22 PM
What's wrong with this picture is a bunch of whiner noobs/trolls are on here taking up precious bandwidth.

It's like coming up to an expensive buffet and seeing a party crasher sneeze into your favorite dish.
:mad:
Somebody call the bouncers...

No Loyal, what's wrong is the increasing number of posts like yours.

Too often, anyone who makes a critical comment about the OU is talked down with infantile epithets and acronyms.

You can love OU and still be critical of a particular game, player, season, decision etc....

I'd welcome your posts if you'd counter an argument with facts rather than a heated insult followed by an errant analogy.

medstudent24
11/18/2007, 09:25 PM

I dont understand how you can say that. We played with great character in the 2nd half. You know how Leach loves to run up the score. When they went up 27-7 I thought they were going to put half a hundred on us but our D stepped up big time.

If Bradford doesnt play, we will lose to OSU. Losing demarco hurts too, but I still think we can beat OSU without him. But without Bradford I think we have only a 5% chance of winning that game.

okcusooner
11/18/2007, 09:37 PM
I dont understand how you can say that. We played with great character in the 2nd half. You know how Leach loves to run up the score. When they went up 27-7 I thought they were going to put half a hundred on us but our D stepped up big time.

If Bradford doesnt play, we will lose to OSU. Losing demarco hurts too, but I still think we can beat OSU without him. But without Bradford I think we have only a 5% chance of winning that game.

I agree with Med on the issue of character, although I too am beginning to wonder about the coaching staff for some of the following reasons.

1. Failure to get Halzle more meaningful playing time in blowouts.

2. Failure to start the best player at running back. While reasonable minds may differ on whether that player is Brown or Murray. Is there really any reasonable argument that it's someone other than Brown or Murray? (keeping in mind the issue of ball security)

3. Last night's fake punt. Being down that many points, the opening drive of the second half was crucial. 4th and 1, just line up and go for it, especially given Tech's suspect run defense.

Desert Sapper
11/18/2007, 09:39 PM

I agree with the first half of your post, but disagree that we can't beat osu with Halzle. The way he was connecting in the fourth quarter against a very good pass D gives me a ton of confidence in his ability when he doesn't have to take three quarters to warm up.

This team stepped up and showed a lot of character in the second half last night.

Vegas Vic
11/18/2007, 09:40 PM
But without Bradford I think we have only a 5% chance of winning that game.

5%? That's 1 out of 20. Do you really think at home, with the talent level at all of the other position groups, OU would beat 6-5 OSU 1 out of 20 times?

Realistically, I'd say more like 14 out of 20.

NYC Poke
11/18/2007, 09:42 PM
I agree with the first half of your post, but disagree that we can't beat osu with Halzle. The way he was connecting in the fourth quarter against a very good pass D gives me a ton of confidence in his ability when he doesn't have to take three quarters to warm up.

This team stepped up and showed a lot of character in the second half last night.

I thought Halzle looked good after he'd been on the field a while. His early passes were terribly off, but that's to be expected. Second half he rallied and kept OU in it.

I hope Bradford is okay and plays, but OU is still a pretty good team no matter who you have under center.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 09:45 PM
The way he was connecting in the fourth quarter against a very good pass D

I thought we were playing TT last night? :confused:

jwlynn64
11/18/2007, 09:49 PM
Sounds like it is easy to armchair quarterback.

1. There is always complaints about the backup getting playing time. Stoops has done a much better job this season.

I also have to ask, what is practice for. Bradford didn't have any meaningful playing time before he took to the field this season.

2. Early in the year, there was a lot of talk about keeping Chris Brown out of games because of ball security. Using your logic, we would be using Moses and Franks because all three backs have had games where they didn't hold on to the ball very well. I guess Iglasias would be out as well.

3. Maybe we should have just run it, maybe not. If Baker actually knew the fake was on, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now. It's easy to second guess after the fact.

I gained a lot of respect for the team last night. Sure the loss hurt but our defense played lights out in the second half and we had plenty of opportunities including, IMO, a touchdown that was not allowed that I think would have allowed us to tie the game.

The team was understandably shell shocked when Bradford went out and we spotted Tech the first half but we have nothing to be ashamed of. They fought their way back into the game as had a shot at the end of the game.

Desert Sapper
11/18/2007, 09:54 PM
I thought we were playing TT last night? :confused:

...which is statistically the #19 pass D in the country.:rolleyes:
Pass D Rankings (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teampassdef&site=org)

TUSooner
11/18/2007, 09:56 PM

Too often, anyone who makes a critical comment about the OU is talked down with infantile epithets and acronyms.

You can love OU and still be critical of a particular game, player, season, decision etc....

I'd welcome your posts if you'd counter an argument with facts rather than a heated insult followed by an errant analogy.

I don't accuse you of anything.
Loyal is not talking about intelligent criticism and civil discussion about things that are wrong with the team. What Loyal is complaining about is the mental diarrhea that gushes from the tiny brain pans of so many juvenile morons who have
1- no sense of perspective
2- no inclination to think before posting
3- no desire to have "an argument with facts"
4- no respect for the Sooners and their fellow fans and posters.

What we get too much of is the equivalent of a 4-year-old screaming his head off because he can't find his favorite toy. If you've ever tried to have a conversation with someone while a spoiled toddler is howling, you know how he (and many others) feel.

TUSooner
11/18/2007, 09:58 PM
we will kill OSU
Actually, considering that we can't change what is past, and remembering the slim days of the 1960s and 1990s, there's nothing at all wrong with that scenario. :cool:

okcusooner
11/18/2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds like it is easy to armchair quarterback.

2. Early in the year, there was a lot of talk about keeping Chris Brown out of games because of ball security. Using your logic, we would be using Moses and Franks because all three backs have had games where they didn't hold on to the ball very well. I guess Iglasias would be out as well.

My point about ball security was NOT directed at Brown or Murray. Can there be any doubt who has had a consistent ball security issue?

jwlynn64
11/18/2007, 10:10 PM
But he has also had equally as many games without them. How do you draw the line.

As for last night, Stoops drew the line after the first play. Seems he might be in agreement with you at this point.

soonerloyal
11/18/2007, 10:11 PM

"Infantile epithets"? "Acronyms"? (Need a dictionary?) "Insult"? "Errant analogy"? Where on earth is any of that in my post? I'm talking about the proliferation of board crashers and trolls who post crap, not about real fans who rightfully vent, dissect, discuss and disagree.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/chillpill.gif Take one.

:rolleyes:

okcusooner
11/18/2007, 10:18 PM
But he has also had equally as many games without them. How do you draw the line.

As for last night, Stoops drew the line after the first play. Seems he might be in agreement with you at this point.

AP has got to be one of the best gunners in college football. He'll probably make it to the pros for that very reason.

However, since the MTSU game last year, where AP had two fumbles in mop-up duty, hasn't it been fairly clear that ball security is a recurring issue with him?

My frustration stems from the fact that it has seemed pretty clear for about 4or 5 games now that either Murray or Brown should be starting. Perhaps I am wrong in assuming this point has been obvious. If so please debate.

So assuming the point if obvious that Brown or Murray should be starting, then why continue to start AP at running back? I certainly hope it's not the politics of deference because he's a senior. Not playing the best players is a good way to get beat.

okcusooner
11/18/2007, 10:27 PM
"Infantile epithets"? "Acronyms"? (Need a dictionary?) "Insult"? "Errant analogy"? Where on earth is any of that in my post? I'm talking about the proliferation of board crashers and trolls who post crap, not about real fans who rightfully vent, dissect, discuss and disagree.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/chillpill.gif Take one.

Sheesh. Noobs...:rolleyes:

I thought your post was in response to Soonersn2007. If not, then my apologies. Olive branch extended.

jwlynn64
11/18/2007, 10:30 PM
My frustration stems from the fact that it has seemed pretty clear for about 4or 5 games now that either Murray or Brown should be starting. Perhaps I am wrong in assuming this point has been obvious. If so please debate.

Stoops is very loyal to his players, maybe to a fault. I'm sure that he has kept AP as the starter because of this.

After last night, that might change.

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 11:32 PM
I think this is the kind of post you keep to yourself....

insuranceman_22
11/19/2007, 12:11 AM

You should move to texas, or perhaps stoolwater.....I think you'd fit in better there