PDA

View Full Version : Dear GOD,Let Sam Be OK

stoopified
11/18/2007, 10:54 AM
That is all I have to say.I stared to add someting about smiting down the blind black and white striped serpents that inhabit Lubbock but whats the use?Leach obviously has made a pact with the Devil.

soonerstan56
11/18/2007, 12:06 PM
I think Sam Bradford will be alright.
Some dude named Sam "Crawford" was who the announcers were saying was injured!!!
Geez ,don't producers or spotters correct the on air talking heads when they start screwing up names?

Soonerstan

josh09
11/18/2007, 12:08 PM
Dont forget Demarco!

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 12:18 PM
And David and Tennel! No player should have to play on that concrete field that passes for a football field. What's wrong with the Big 12 in not condemning that field?

aurorasooner
11/18/2007, 12:23 PM
I haven't watched the DVR of that back, but when ABC replayed it looked like that Sam made a stand-up tackle and one of our own OL was making sure that the tech player was definitely down, and was the one that actually put Bradford's head into the cement turf. I'll have to watch it back to be sure, but that's what it looked like initially to me.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/18/2007, 12:35 PM
LBs hand went to Bradberry's throat. My guess is that when Bradword went down, his helmet slammed in to the turf beaking one of the blood capsules in it.

stoopified
11/18/2007, 02:18 PM
that was a crapload of injuries for one game.Alan Davis who is subbing for English AND Williams played well,deflecting 2-3 passes.DeMarco had a good game beforw that onside kick play.I don't know how they are or Tennell either.Bad deal all around.

OUTrumpet
11/18/2007, 02:21 PM
I haven't watched the DVR of that back, but when ABC replayed it looked like that Sam made a stand-up tackle and one of our own OL was making sure that the tech player was definitely down, and was the one that actually put Bradford's head into the cement turf. I'll have to watch it back to be sure, but that's what it looked like initially to me.

It was Duke who fell on Bradford's head while assisting the tackle.

BarryBnds
11/18/2007, 09:15 PM
I hope he visits the Wizard of Oz with Dorothy, the Lion, and the Scarecrow and asks for a heart.

aurorasooner
11/18/2007, 09:34 PM
update:
Oklahoma's Bradford (concussion) to be reevaluated this week
Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, the nation's top-rated passer, will have to be reevaluated over the next several days before coaches can determine whether he'll be recovered enough from a concussion to play next Saturday at Oklahoma State.

Bradford was hurt in the first quarter of a 34-27 loss to Texas Tech on Saturday that knocked the Sooners out of the national title picture but left them in control of the Big 12 South. Oklahoma fell seven spots to No. 10 in The Associated Press poll on Sunday.

"I'm not going to sit here and monitor his hour-to-hour progress," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "He was better at the end of the game, yes, by a long shot. Now, to what degree, I'm not getting into that with everybody. That's fair enough. That isn't for me to say."

Running back DeMarco Murray, receiver Adron Tennell and defensive end Alan Davis also left the game with injuries, but none were more noticeably absent than Bradford. The redshirt freshman had thrown for 2,509 yards and 28 touchdowns with only six interceptions in his first 10 games.

"I understand he's doing pretty well today, and was doing much better last night coming home than he was during the game," offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said Sunday. "A lot of times that's one, two or three days before you get a clear picture. Also, when you're going through that time of getting a clear picture, if that guy's not in, how much practice work is he getting?"

Wilson said Murray would likely have an MRI on Monday to see whether any further damage was done when he dislocated his kneecap while trying to recover an onside kick in the final minute.

"Right now, it appears to be nothing, knock on wood, other than a dislocation," Wilson said. "If that's the case, that's typically not too long of a turnaround."

Tennell, a backup receiver, tore his ACL and will be out for the remainder of the season. Davis, who was carted off the field in the second half with what Venables thought was a stinger, is the third defensive end to be hurt this season.

Starter John Williams tore his Achilles' tendon against Tulsa and had season-ending surgery, and Auston English has missed the past two games with a hairline fracture in his right leg. That leaves the Sooners quite thin at the position, with Alonzo Dotson and Jeremy Beal as the only healthy players with experience.

"Hopefully you're not forced to play a true freshman that has been redshirting the whole year. We're going to have to sit down and really look at what the next best options are," Venables said. "Obviously we've already used some defensive tackles at ends this season, and that might be your next best option."

85sooners
11/18/2007, 09:42 PM
:(

Desert Sapper
11/18/2007, 09:49 PM
So the summary is:

Murray is questionable with a dislocated kneecap

Bradford is questionable after the concussion

Davis is doubtful with a stinger

Tennell is out for the season with a torn ACL

Does that about sum it up? What a rash of bad luck for one game!

I'm praying these kids get better soon. It's a tough break to get hurt, especially when you lose.

OSUAggie
11/18/2007, 10:06 PM
What's up with English?

TUSooner
11/18/2007, 10:10 PM
I want Sam back as soon as possible, but I am confident we can win with Halzle, based on his end-game showing vs TT and assuming he gets sufficient reps during the week.

douxpaysan
11/18/2007, 10:39 PM
It was Duke who fell on Bradford's head while assisting the tackle.
In the military they call that friendly fire. Odd that...

Desert Sapper
11/18/2007, 10:45 PM
In the military they call that friendly fire. Odd that...

Nothing friendly about 330+ pounds landing on top of you. :eek:

douxpaysan
11/18/2007, 10:50 PM
I want Sam back as soon as possible, but I am confident we can win with Halzle, based on his end-game showing vs TT and assuming he gets sufficient reps during the week.
While we are praying for the recovery of OUr injured, we might was well include a word for Oregon's Dixon, OSU's Bowman....fact is most teams are playing pretty dinged up this time of year. Just have to pull our socks up and play hard.

josh09
11/18/2007, 10:53 PM
That would suck if we didnt have Sam OR Demarco for the OSU game....

I really want to see them tear the pokes up.

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 11:08 PM
Halzle will be fine as QB against the Pokes.

If Sam can't play...I don't think we're in trouble at all.

English had surgery. He might be back it's sketchy.

DeMarco's kneecap? I've seen that injury before and it seems like you can recover quick from it but it leaves you injury prone if you don't protect it.

Prayers for all injured players.

Boomer Sooner ! ! !