PDA

View Full Version : To Be Allen Patrick This Morning

soonersn2007
11/18/2007, 09:15 AM
I wonder how bad he must feel, does he realize that fumble of his most likely cost us the game and a shot at the MNC?

The Preach Man
11/18/2007, 09:24 AM
I thought the whole first half gameplay cost us the game.

soonersn2007
11/18/2007, 09:26 AM
I'm saying is, his fumble in itself gave up field position and momentum off the early interception...........caused Bradford to be injured...........and basically put a funk in the whole team.

King Crimson
11/18/2007, 09:29 AM
patrick's fumble did not *cause* bradford to be injured.

and even if, if Oklahoma is the best team in the country....we win this game.

and we don't. that's where the season is, troll. happy?

trey
11/18/2007, 09:31 AM
not just the fumble...he's had a subpar season overall. did he even play after the fumble?

TXBOOMER
11/18/2007, 09:31 AM
I hated to see AP put it on the ground again. He will probably not get the chance to carry it much anymore at OU because of his fumbling. I feel sorry for him, because he is a player that gives maximum effort on every play.

The Maestro
11/18/2007, 09:32 AM
I get your point. And this team has seemed very "unready" to play when games start...especially on the road. You HAVE to be ready from the first snap...and once again, someone wasn't and it cost us dearly.

TripleOption14
11/18/2007, 09:35 AM
patrick's fumble did not *cause* bradford to be injured.

and even if, if Oklahoma is the best team in the country....we win this game.

and we don't. that's where the season is, troll. happy?

The fumble didn't cause him to be directly injuried but it was a HUGE FACTOR in him being injuried.

King Crimson
11/18/2007, 09:40 AM
ah, the old HUGE FACTOR theory.

things happen on the football field.

we lost. did not play well enough to win. if we are the best team in the nation, we win this game. it ain't on Halzle either.

TXBOOMER
11/18/2007, 09:45 AM

we lost. did not play well enough to win. if we are the best team in the nation, we win this game. it ain't on Halzle either.

Halzle was actually much better than he showed most of the game once Wilson started letting him throw something more than a three yard out route with 4 minutes left in the ball game.

TripleOption14
11/18/2007, 09:46 AM

Yeah things happen and normally called mistakes that lead to L's.

VMG
11/18/2007, 10:02 AM
Halzle was actually much better than he showed most of the game once Wilson started letting him throw something more than a three yard out route with 4 minutes left in the ball game.

The OU staff's long standing practice of not getting the backup QB meaningful game snaps finally came back to bite 'em.

Practice snaps are not game snaps; practice speed is not game speed...regardless of one's talent, one who has played a grand total of 9 plays during his career does not just walk off the bench in that kind of environment and perform like the 10 game veteran who just went down.

Joey deserves props for his learning curve last night.

Blues1
11/18/2007, 10:17 AM
The OU staff's long standing practice of not getting the backup QB meaningful game snaps finally came back to bite 'em.

Practice snaps are not game snaps; practice speed is not game speed...regardless of one's talent, one who has played a grand total of 9 plays during his career does not just walk off the bench in that kind of environment and perform like the 10 game veteran who just went down.

Amen -- * Amen - This is where Bud and Barry (especially Bud) would almost always have two teams play in games with everyone getting real game experience...of course there wasn't the same scholarship limits in Bud's days...but many players also played both ways....Winning a National Championship has come down to playing the Lotto -It's All a Matter of LUCK....Sorry to say...!!!

Monster Zero
11/18/2007, 10:18 AM

What you said.

King Crimson
11/18/2007, 10:18 AM

i'd agree with that.

TripleOption14
11/18/2007, 10:22 AM

I definitely agree with the learning curve statement about Halzle. You could just watch and see him get better as the game dragged on.

Here's a question I was thinking about. How was Jason White so ready and good in the back-up role when he came in the game that fateful day. Weird....

VMG
11/18/2007, 10:50 AM
I definitely agree with the learning curve statement about Halzle. You could just watch and see him get better as the game dragged on.

Here's a question I was thinking about. How was Jason White so ready and good in the back-up role when he came in the game that fateful day. Weird....

I recall the game well. Different staff, different offense and a very deliberate and judicious approach to what they asked him to do from the first play he was on the field.

GrapevineSooner
11/18/2007, 10:54 AM
Hopefully he'll realize that's just football, and he'll move on.

soonersn2007
11/18/2007, 11:06 AM
With AP making this horrendous mistake, DM will probaly be gimpy, Chris Brown has seemed to returned to running up the backs of our O-line instead of the hole...............................start Gute next week.

stoopified
11/18/2007, 11:19 AM
The sky is falling,the sky is falling.I'm going to San Antonio for OU's Big 12 title game,how about you?

r5TPsooner
11/18/2007, 11:24 AM

If you watch one of the series midway thru the third quarter, you will see Halzle go to the sideline and meet with Heupel on the sidelines on a failed 3rd down and 6 attempt. Wilson dials up a swing pass to the back coming out of the backfield. As the camera swings to Heupel, you can clearly see Halzle asking Heupel what kind of play call that was and Heupel says "I have no ****ing idea" as he gives a dirty (and I mean dirty look) towards the other coaches.

That told me a lot right there. If any of you Tivo'd the game, make sure and watch it, as it seemed obvious to me that both at them were ****es about the play calling.

BoomerGirl34
11/18/2007, 11:31 AM
Wow. I thought football was a lot longer of a game than one play.

Silly me.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 11:38 AM
The other day I went to work a half hour early. I ended up in a wreck. Getting up to work early caused my wreck.

Is that how it works?

RiddlerOK
11/18/2007, 12:39 PM
I wonder how bad he must feel, does he realize that fumble of his most likely cost us the game and a shot at the MNC?

Why don't you go to AP and ask him yourself. I'm sure he is already feeling enough pain from having fumbled the ball and Sam being injured at the end of the play but, for a Sunday-morning armchair novice to call him out with cruel speculation is without merit. The last time I checked, it was a team effort.

Vegas Vic
11/18/2007, 12:48 PM
The sky is falling,the sky is falling.I'm going to San Antonio for OU's Big 12 title game,how about you?

Is OU definitely playing in that game? I thought they had to win next week to get there, but maybe that's not correct.

DreamZ22
11/18/2007, 01:08 PM

That is the most insane post I have read today!!!! He made a mistake BUT that one mistake didnt cost OU the game. If I remember correctly TT had 10 receivers open on every play last night. It was a number of things that lost the game NOT one turnover. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NewMexicoSooner
11/18/2007, 01:14 PM
Allen Patrick gave his all during the game. Did you see him on special teams ? Let the kid be.....he has always been a asset to Oklahoma football.